Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ 16:06 - Jan 24 with 17988 viewsNotLoyal

EFL Championship
Wednesday 27th January 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick Off 7pm

Rearranged from this weekend due to the fact the swans had to thrash Nottingham Forest 5-1 in the FA Cup. Brentford lost at home to Leicester City.

TV listings to follow.

Match officials
JOHN BROOKS
Nick Greenhalgh and Akil Howson
Fourth Official : James Linington

John Brooks practising his Borini celebrations.

Brooksey as we know him here at Swansea Independent was the referee when the swans beat Leckwith 2-0 in December. In fact the last three games he has taken charge of for the swans have resulted in wins. The other was a draw. His first game officiating the swans was a loss at home to Crystal Palace. Another star performer in the referee game Brooksey is also from Melton Tony Mowbray. Born in 1991 he left school at 18 in 2009 which makes him quite a young chap. Brooksey is very well thought of in the referee world and we can find no reason why he shouldn’t hand the game to Swansea especially if ‘Dancing Ryan Manning’ gets on the pitch.

Frankly Thomas

Thomas Frank is the much loved manager of Brentford.

Thomas Frank is an American democrat when he’s not manager of Brentford, he lives in Maryland in that USA with his Mrs and kids, most of his games where he has managed Brentford have been done by Gareth Ainsworth because of the lockdown issues and commuting by aeroplane from America. Obviously you can choose to believe this or not, that’s up to you. Swansea supporters are big fans of Thomas, especially when he gets all feisty and throws his lovely locks of hair about like a crazy Julian Clarey.

The real Thomas the Frank engine

Frank is a real bubbly chap, he has a real desire to shout in your face and toodle pip his blowers in your ears. Below is a short interview with this much loved children’s train.

This interview was before the embarrassing defeat to lowly Leicester Fosse.

At the start of the year, Brentford FC Head Coach Thomas Frank was named Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Month for December. The Bees played eight Championship games in December and won five of them. The other three were drawn to ensure Brentford were unbeaten through the month and that was enough to earn Thomas, on behalf of the squad, the award. The Bees picked up 18 points in their eight games, scoring 16 goals and conceding just eight. There were home wins over Reading and AFC Bournemouth, who are in the top six in the table, as well as away victories against Rotherham United, Nottingham Forest and Cardiff City. The Bees also beat Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup Quarter Final.

After being informed he had won the award, Thomas spoke to The Sun, on a video call. He talked about Brentford's season so far and about the end of the 2019/20 campaign when The Bees finished third in the Championship and lost the Play-Off Final. He also talked about some of the factors that are helping the Club progress. "We have this unique togetherness where you can see that everything’s aligned from top to bottom — from the staff, players and me to the board and owner," said Thomas. “We’re all good people who work in the same direction. We have this attitude, believe in ourselves and are humble. If you’re not humble, someone will run past you. “We also work extremely hard because you achieve nothing otherwise. You must perform every day and that performance comes on and off the training pitch. These bits are extremely important. “Beside that is our style of play where we’re clear in how we want to do it. That added together and consistency reaps great results. Maybe we didn’t have the margins with us last year but if we keep doing this the scoreboard will take care of itself.”

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Conor Hourihane; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Manning, Dan Williams, Jordon Garrick, Yan Dhanda, Ollie Cooper, Jordan Morris.

Brentford: David Raya, Henrik Dalsgaard (captain), Mads Sorensen, Ethan Pinnock, Rico Henry; Mathias Jensen, Josh Dasilva; Bryan Mbuemo, Vitaly Janelt, Sergi Canos; Ivan Toney.

Substitutes: Luke Daniels, Saman Ghoddos, Marcus Forss, Tariqe Fosu, Mads Roerslev, Jan Zamburek, Fin Stevens, Alex Gilbert, Maxwell Haygarth.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:18 - Jan 27 with 1157 viewsJohnw102

The cross field balls to their left wing had us on the back foot all night, we grabbed a point o a bad night against a very good side, take the point and move on.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:20 - Jan 27 with 1145 viewsFlashberryjack

Out played and out classed, so it was a great point tonight, well done lads.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:21 - Jan 27 with 1143 viewsraynor94

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:20 - Jan 27 by Flashberryjack

This! Big time

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:22 - Jan 27 with 1126 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:08 - Jan 27 by angryjack

Not just midfield their full backs played high up the pitch pushing our wing backs backs leaving them with extra man in middle against our 3 that's why we should have changed our shape

What shape?
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:27 - Jan 27 with 1094 viewsangryjack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:22 - Jan 27 by controversial_jack

What shape?

Haha that's true it looked shapeless but they played 4411 with their full backs pushing on at times pushing our wing backs deep leaving 4 against 3 in middle park I could see it don't think cooper can change things goes out with same system all time ,sometimes it needs changing
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:34 - Jan 27 with 1039 viewsjasper_T

Biggest robbery since the win against Leeds last season.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:34 - Jan 27 with 1039 viewsswitchingcode

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:20 - Jan 27 by Flashberryjack

Would have taken a point before but should have got 3 but there again we could have lost in the game at ours so happy to keep our run going.Think we will both be there at the end with fans hopefully.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:34 - Jan 27 with 1037 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:27 - Jan 27 by angryjack

Haha that's true it looked shapeless but they played 4411 with their full backs pushing on at times pushing our wing backs deep leaving 4 against 3 in middle park I could see it don't think cooper can change things goes out with same system all time ,sometimes it needs changing

Good points - Cooper had a coaching lesson tonight, question is was he paying attention & can he learn from it.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:00 - Jan 27 with 916 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:34 - Jan 27 by jasper_T

Biggest robbery since the win against Leeds last season.

Not quite as big, but pretty close.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:06 - Jan 27 with 894 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 21:27 - Jan 27 by angryjack

That’s true but when you play formations which differ to the opposition you have to force your style on the game and look to dictate

We didn’t do that and bit by bit they took a couple more chances and got on top. If we had been a bit more aggressive earlier I think the game might have gone differently

Then again it might not

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:13 - Jan 27 with 862 viewsangryjack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:06 - Jan 27 by PatchesOHoulihan

That’s true but when you play formations which differ to the opposition you have to force your style on the game and look to dictate

We didn’t do that and bit by bit they took a couple more chances and got on top. If we had been a bit more aggressive earlier I think the game might have gone differently

Then again it might not

Your right but if you are getting out played and can see where the problem was he should have matched it up or he couldn't see it,I'm not sure he can he found a successful formation and never changes not even during games like tonight when you get paid to outthink the opposition coach
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:19 - Jan 27 with 834 viewsBadlands

We seemed set up to sit back from kick off.
Here's a question,
If you are a CB in possession just outside your penalty area and the only player close to you is another CB and goalkeeper. You and the other CBs are in a position that by Brentford player can close you down. All your midfield and forward players are standing still near or over the half way line and directly behind the Brentford forwards and mid field players, who the **** do you pass to?
There was no movement and it seemed like Cooper was happy to defend the 0 - 1 position.
Let's be honest we stole a point thanks to an absolute brain freeze from their keeper, resolute defence and some poor finishing.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 22:20]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:27 - Jan 27 with 788 viewsNotLoyal

The match report stated we seemed more concerned about them not what we could do. I agree, but based on our performance, ten men ...
There's not much room for complaint.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:28 - Jan 27 with 783 viewsjackrabbit

Having now let the performance and the result sink in, I’m quite relieved to the point of being upbeat. Brentford are a quality side and well coached with it. They were a huge step up from Nottm Forest last Saturday and more easily exposed Conor Hourihane’s ring rustiness. He had a quiet night and struggled to get into the game. I was chuffed when my iPad pinged and I saw it was 1-1 thanks to Hourihane ( I lost the stream in the second half). It was a hell of a game to be playing yourself into the first team. We’ll see more of him and from him I’m sure. Class is permanent.
Anyway, in contrast to my last posting, - well done Swans , great point on a tough night. I’d have been gutted if we’d lost. Instead let’s get all 3 on Saturday. Onward and upward!
[Post edited 27 Jan 2021 22:32]
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:28 - Jan 27 with 784 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:13 - Jan 27 by angryjack

Your right but if you are getting out played and can see where the problem was he should have matched it up or he couldn't see it,I'm not sure he can he found a successful formation and never changes not even during games like tonight when you get paid to outthink the opposition coach

It was less about systems and more about a collective superiority. Brentford are a high quality team, who totally outplayed us, from the off.

In our last 6 outings against them they've won 3, scoring 3 goals in 50% of those games. Battered and outclassed us.

We've won once, 1-0. And we're getting better against them. Drawn the last 2.

And we're 2nd in the league.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:32 - Jan 27 with 766 viewsangryjack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:19 - Jan 27 by Badlands

Here's a question,
If you are a CB in possession just outside your penalty area and the only player close to you is another CB and goalkeeper. You and the other CBs are in a position that by Brentford player can close you down. All your midfield and forward players are standing still near or over the half way line and directly behind the Brentford forwards and mid field players, who the **** do you pass to?
There was no movement and it seemed like Cooper was happy to defend the 0 - 1 position.
Let's be honest we stole a point thanks to an absolute brain freeze from their keeper, resolute defence and some poor finishing.

If there nothing on no options either go back to keeper and spread get wide and go for return when the Brentford player follows ball or if he don't follow ball.we should have 3 defenders against 2 attackers so 2 centre backs pull wide making space for one to receive it if a midfielder then closes the keeper should try and knock over midfielder to one our wing backs which he was trying to do but hitting touch ....other than that change our way of play sometimes and go long...
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:33 - Jan 27 with 761 viewsNortbankboy

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 20:43 - Jan 27 by 34dfgdf54

I have never seen a more gutless manager than Cooper

You don't remember Paul Clement?
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:35 - Jan 27 with 761 viewsTreforys_Jack

Wow we play below our recent performance level for one game, and still got a point with 10 men , some of the comments on this thread disgust me. The blind hatred of a couple of players are warping your minds. Allegations of individuals being gutless and cowardly !!!! whilst hiding behind a keyboard, unbelievable lack of self awareness.

If we can play so bad whilst still picking up a point against a bloody good side, things can't be that bad.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:40 - Jan 27 with 739 viewsangryjack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:35 - Jan 27 by Treforys_Jack

Wow we play below our recent performance level for one game, and still got a point with 10 men , some of the comments on this thread disgust me. The blind hatred of a couple of players are warping your minds. Allegations of individuals being gutless and cowardly !!!! whilst hiding behind a keyboard, unbelievable lack of self awareness.

If we can play so bad whilst still picking up a point against a bloody good side, things can't be that bad.

We played bad because we were tactically outfought and cooper should have changed things very very lucky to get point
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:42 - Jan 27 with 737 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:13 - Jan 27 by angryjack

Agree with that too
We let ourselves down irrespective of tactics

Doubt we’ll move from 352 much apart from unforeseen circs such as 10 men so if that’s the case we need to be more savvy with small tactical changes to get small advantages over the pitch

Cooper seems to be learning, no doubt we’re better this year than last

Tonight could have been Derby all over again so we’ve got to be happy with a point and improve next time out

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:48 - Jan 27 with 723 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:40 - Jan 27 by angryjack

We played bad because we were tactically outfought and cooper should have changed things very very lucky to get point

That's my point, we did get the point, lucky or not. Frank is a very good manager at this level, Cooper is still learning and gaining experience, he will have learnt a lot from the game.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:51 - Jan 27 with 712 viewsangryjack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:48 - Jan 27 by Treforys_Jack

That's my point, we did get the point, lucky or not. Frank is a very good manager at this level, Cooper is still learning and gaining experience, he will have learnt a lot from the game.

Should have changed system early when he seen the problem as we could be 2 down and too late..thing is I'm not sure he is tactically aware..plays same way all time no matter what..if it's not working during games change things that's what the best coaches do and can see
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:55 - Jan 27 with 701 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:19 - Jan 27 by Badlands

Here's a question,

Cooper is standing there watching this happen. It’s awful game management.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:59 - Jan 27 with 695 viewsangryjack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:55 - Jan 27 by 34dfgdf54

Cooper is standing there watching this happen. It’s awful game management.

If you read my posts exactly what I have been saying they outnumbered us in middle by playing 441 and pushing there full backs on to nullify our wing backs leaving 4 agains 3 in middle park..spotted it early why couldn't he and his coaching team...thing is I don't think he can he never ever changes things
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 23:01 - Jan 27 with 688 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 22:51 - Jan 27 by angryjack

Should have changed system early when he seen the problem as we could be 2 down and too late..thing is I'm not sure he is tactically aware..plays same way all time no matter what..if it's not working during games change things that's what the best coaches do and can see

We've not been consistently lucky this season so he must be doing something right. You make decent points. It just makes me mad to see the words cowardly and gutless bandied around. There are a couple of posters salivating just waiting for certain players to make a mistake to pounce with their bile.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024