Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ 16:06 - Jan 24 with 17541 viewsNotLoyal

EFL Championship
Wednesday 27th January 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick Off 7pm

Rearranged from this weekend due to the fact the swans had to thrash Nottingham Forest 5-1 in the FA Cup. Brentford lost at home to Leicester City.

TV listings to follow.

Match officials
JOHN BROOKS
Nick Greenhalgh and Akil Howson
Fourth Official : James Linington

John Brooks practising his Borini celebrations.

Brooksey as we know him here at Swansea Independent was the referee when the swans beat Leckwith 2-0 in December. In fact the last three games he has taken charge of for the swans have resulted in wins. The other was a draw. His first game officiating the swans was a loss at home to Crystal Palace. Another star performer in the referee game Brooksey is also from Melton Tony Mowbray. Born in 1991 he left school at 18 in 2009 which makes him quite a young chap. Brooksey is very well thought of in the referee world and we can find no reason why he shouldn’t hand the game to Swansea especially if ‘Dancing Ryan Manning’ gets on the pitch.

Frankly Thomas

Thomas Frank is the much loved manager of Brentford.

Thomas Frank is an American democrat when he’s not manager of Brentford, he lives in Maryland in that USA with his Mrs and kids, most of his games where he has managed Brentford have been done by Gareth Ainsworth because of the lockdown issues and commuting by aeroplane from America. Obviously you can choose to believe this or not, that’s up to you. Swansea supporters are big fans of Thomas, especially when he gets all feisty and throws his lovely locks of hair about like a crazy Julian Clarey.

The real Thomas the Frank engine

Frank is a real bubbly chap, he has a real desire to shout in your face and toodle pip his blowers in your ears. Below is a short interview with this much loved children’s train.

This interview was before the embarrassing defeat to lowly Leicester Fosse.

At the start of the year, Brentford FC Head Coach Thomas Frank was named Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Month for December. The Bees played eight Championship games in December and won five of them. The other three were drawn to ensure Brentford were unbeaten through the month and that was enough to earn Thomas, on behalf of the squad, the award. The Bees picked up 18 points in their eight games, scoring 16 goals and conceding just eight. There were home wins over Reading and AFC Bournemouth, who are in the top six in the table, as well as away victories against Rotherham United, Nottingham Forest and Cardiff City. The Bees also beat Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup Quarter Final.

After being informed he had won the award, Thomas spoke to The Sun, on a video call. He talked about Brentford's season so far and about the end of the 2019/20 campaign when The Bees finished third in the Championship and lost the Play-Off Final. He also talked about some of the factors that are helping the Club progress. "We have this unique togetherness where you can see that everything’s aligned from top to bottom — from the staff, players and me to the board and owner," said Thomas. “We’re all good people who work in the same direction. We have this attitude, believe in ourselves and are humble. If you’re not humble, someone will run past you. “We also work extremely hard because you achieve nothing otherwise. You must perform every day and that performance comes on and off the training pitch. These bits are extremely important. “Beside that is our style of play where we’re clear in how we want to do it. That added together and consistency reaps great results. Maybe we didn’t have the margins with us last year but if we keep doing this the scoreboard will take care of itself.”

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Conor Hourihane; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Manning, Dan Williams, Jordon Garrick, Yan Dhanda, Ollie Cooper, Jordan Morris.

Brentford: David Raya, Henrik Dalsgaard (captain), Mads Sorensen, Ethan Pinnock, Rico Henry; Mathias Jensen, Josh Dasilva; Bryan Mbuemo, Vitaly Janelt, Sergi Canos; Ivan Toney.

Substitutes: Luke Daniels, Saman Ghoddos, Marcus Forss, Tariqe Fosu, Mads Roerslev, Jan Zamburek, Fin Stevens, Alex Gilbert, Maxwell Haygarth.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 13:13 - Jan 28 with 857 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 10:38 - Jan 28 by angryjack

Of course we would have because Smith would have had to come in for say Fulton and it would have still been 3 against 4 in the middle unless Smith can split himself in half..he should have changed his system as Frank out thought us by putting extra man in there and pushing our wing backs further back by playing his full backs high pushing us deep leaving as I said 4 against 3 and when we got the ball we were so deep there were no options..

I wouldn’t have started Hourihane if Smith would have been available. Grimes, Fulton and Smith would have been a far tougher proposition for Brentford - we’d have had the luxury of being able to call on Hourihane later in the game .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 13:28 - Jan 28 with 834 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 12:28 - Jan 28 by swancity

And how exactly is 4-4-2 “ swamping the midfield “. 😂

Why not 2-6-2

Or 1-8-1

Or 2-8-0

It's people like you who drag this forum down.

I shouldnt really bother replying to arrogance but I will.

If you watched the game last night you would see their midfield of 3 caused us problems all night because we were thin in midfield, the wing backs who are part of a 3 4 1 2 system had to drop back as their full backs pushed on, plus as we all know naughton was targeted in all of his 60 mins on the pitch, fulton and grimes were on the back foot all game, we didnt have an out ball as most of our players were too busy concentrating on defending which being a football scholar you will know is energy sapping. if we employed a 4 4 2 we could press their defence therefore stopping them play through us plus it could tire them out if the press is used correctly and efficiently, having 4 at the back would have been harder for them to break us down as they did so many times.

Cooper needs to utilise different systems as one day this season we will be in the same situation and we might not be so lucky

So glad to be of help.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 13:33]
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 13:30 - Jan 28 with 827 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 13:13 - Jan 28 by Brynmill_Jack

I wouldn’t have started Hourihane if Smith would have been available. Grimes, Fulton and Smith would have been a far tougher proposition for Brentford - we’d have had the luxury of being able to call on Hourihane later in the game .

That would have happened if smith was fit brynnie.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 14:34 - Jan 28 with 776 viewsswancity

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 13:28 - Jan 28 by Fireboy2

It's people like you who drag this forum down.

I shouldnt really bother replying to arrogance but I will.

If you watched the game last night you would see their midfield of 3 caused us problems all night because we were thin in midfield, the wing backs who are part of a 3 4 1 2 system had to drop back as their full backs pushed on, plus as we all know naughton was targeted in all of his 60 mins on the pitch, fulton and grimes were on the back foot all game, we didnt have an out ball as most of our players were too busy concentrating on defending which being a football scholar you will know is energy sapping. if we employed a 4 4 2 we could press their defence therefore stopping them play through us plus it could tire them out if the press is used correctly and efficiently, having 4 at the back would have been harder for them to break us down as they did so many times.

Cooper needs to utilise different systems as one day this season we will be in the same situation and we might not be so lucky

So glad to be of help.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2021 13:33]

Make up your mind

Did they employ a 3, 4 or 5 man midfield ?

You seem to be overanalysing it and with respect without the knowledge to do so

A lot of our players were below par individually last night. It happens but I loved their spirit and character. We were also lucky. It’s football. It happens.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 15:41 - Jan 28 with 740 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Pot Black calling Kettle.
"Arrogant"
"pr!ck"
A pity because your other posts were as insightful as any on here.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 15:56 - Jan 28 with 728 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 15:41 - Jan 28 by A_Fans_Dad

Pot Black calling Kettle.
"Arrogant"
"pr!ck"
A pity because your other posts were as insightful as any on here.

Well you can only take so much before you break
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 16:11 - Jan 28 with 713 viewsswancity

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 15:56 - Jan 28 by Fireboy2

Well you can only take so much before you break

I’ve questioned your remarks and disputed things you’ve said

If that makes me arrogant and a prick then guilty as charged

Some of the criticism of SC is laughable. It really is. It’s not only you though. There’s a couple of others.

Anyway onwards and upwards Swansea City. Doing amazingly well at the moment and lifting spirits to be fair.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 17:36 - Jan 28 with 664 viewsonehunglow

I'll jump on here if I may.
This site is better ,far better as they is less in the way of insults solely because years ago some have seen their ''@rses as regards some comments made.Some carry them on for ten years.

This site has none guilty of that including swancity/nige,who sticks mainly to footy matters and that's alright with me,even though we are hardly chums.

swancity aint bringing this site down in any way Eddie so you can forget that dig at him.

What swancity has posted is hardly offensive at all bearing in mind what has gone on here previously.

Cooper,to me ,really is overated and lucky to be at our club. This was proven last night.

He is flogging the players to death by not subbing when it is obviously needed.It is criminal and last night as bad as it gets. Ayew was nowhere,Hooligan out on his feet whilst the others dig in big time .Yet,Steve gurns but makes no move whilst Frank is going for it ,adapting as the game prgresses
.It was a brave effort from the young kids and my heart goes out to them for having to put up with this;the way a keeper kicks a ball directly into touch on three consecutive occasions ,failing to collect corners ,standing motionless on his line whilst those in front do the lot. Yet,he is praised for this

Anyway,at least that game give us summat to argue over

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 17:53 - Jan 28 with 656 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 17:36 - Jan 28 by onehunglow

This site is better ,far better as they is less in the way of insults solely because years ago some have seen their ''@rses as regards some comments made.Some carry them on for ten years.

This site has none guilty of that including swancity/nige,who sticks mainly to footy matters and that's alright with me,even though we are hardly chums.

swancity aint bringing this site down in any way Eddie so you can forget that dig at him.

What swancity has posted is hardly offensive at all bearing in mind what has gone on here previously.

Cooper,to me ,really is overated and lucky to be at our club. This was proven last night.

He is flogging the players to death by not subbing when it is obviously needed.It is criminal and last night as bad as it gets. Ayew was nowhere,Hooligan out on his feet whilst the others dig in big time .Yet,Steve gurns but makes no move whilst Frank is going for it ,adapting as the game prgresses
.It was a brave effort from the young kids and my heart goes out to them for having to put up with this;the way a keeper kicks a ball directly into touch on three consecutive occasions ,failing to collect corners ,standing motionless on his line whilst those in front do the lot. Yet,he is praised for this

I bet you were gutted we equalised last night and yes I'm 100% serious.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:03 - Jan 28 with 620 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 17:53 - Jan 28 by Treforys_Jack

I bet you were gutted we equalised last night and yes I'm 100% serious.

Yes TJ, hes one of them.

Only happy when they are unhappy.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:34 - Jan 28 with 595 viewsraynor94

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 17:36 - Jan 28 by onehunglow

Perch we have been over this numerous times, Margetson the England goalkeeping coach coaches Freddie, yet you know better

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 20:06 - Jan 28 with 577 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:34 - Jan 28 by raynor94

Perch we have been over this numerous times, Margetson the England goalkeeping coach coaches Freddie, yet you know better

As I have about being refered to as perch.

I hope you're not playing dumb as you know what Im like

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 20:10 - Jan 28 with 574 viewsraynor94

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 20:06 - Jan 28 by onehunglow

As I have about being refered to as perch.

I hope you're not playing dumb as you know what Im like

Dumb? Lost me there sorry

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 20:10 - Jan 28 with 570 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 20:10 - Jan 28 by raynor94

Dumb? Lost me there sorry

bye ray

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024