Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ 16:06 - Jan 24 with 17540 viewsNotLoyal

EFL Championship
Wednesday 27th January 2021
Liberty Stadium
Kick Off 7pm

Rearranged from this weekend due to the fact the swans had to thrash Nottingham Forest 5-1 in the FA Cup. Brentford lost at home to Leicester City.

TV listings to follow.

Match officials
JOHN BROOKS
Nick Greenhalgh and Akil Howson
Fourth Official : James Linington

John Brooks practising his Borini celebrations.

Brooksey as we know him here at Swansea Independent was the referee when the swans beat Leckwith 2-0 in December. In fact the last three games he has taken charge of for the swans have resulted in wins. The other was a draw. His first game officiating the swans was a loss at home to Crystal Palace. Another star performer in the referee game Brooksey is also from Melton Tony Mowbray. Born in 1991 he left school at 18 in 2009 which makes him quite a young chap. Brooksey is very well thought of in the referee world and we can find no reason why he shouldn’t hand the game to Swansea especially if ‘Dancing Ryan Manning’ gets on the pitch.

Frankly Thomas

Thomas Frank is the much loved manager of Brentford.

Thomas Frank is an American democrat when he’s not manager of Brentford, he lives in Maryland in that USA with his Mrs and kids, most of his games where he has managed Brentford have been done by Gareth Ainsworth because of the lockdown issues and commuting by aeroplane from America. Obviously you can choose to believe this or not, that’s up to you. Swansea supporters are big fans of Thomas, especially when he gets all feisty and throws his lovely locks of hair about like a crazy Julian Clarey.

The real Thomas the Frank engine

Frank is a real bubbly chap, he has a real desire to shout in your face and toodle pip his blowers in your ears. Below is a short interview with this much loved children’s train.

This interview was before the embarrassing defeat to lowly Leicester Fosse.

At the start of the year, Brentford FC Head Coach Thomas Frank was named Sky Bet Championship Manager of the Month for December. The Bees played eight Championship games in December and won five of them. The other three were drawn to ensure Brentford were unbeaten through the month and that was enough to earn Thomas, on behalf of the squad, the award. The Bees picked up 18 points in their eight games, scoring 16 goals and conceding just eight. There were home wins over Reading and AFC Bournemouth, who are in the top six in the table, as well as away victories against Rotherham United, Nottingham Forest and Cardiff City. The Bees also beat Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup Quarter Final.

After being informed he had won the award, Thomas spoke to The Sun, on a video call. He talked about Brentford's season so far and about the end of the 2019/20 campaign when The Bees finished third in the Championship and lost the Play-Off Final. He also talked about some of the factors that are helping the Club progress. "We have this unique togetherness where you can see that everything’s aligned from top to bottom — from the staff, players and me to the board and owner," said Thomas. “We’re all good people who work in the same direction. We have this attitude, believe in ourselves and are humble. If you’re not humble, someone will run past you. “We also work extremely hard because you achieve nothing otherwise. You must perform every day and that performance comes on and off the training pitch. These bits are extremely important. “Beside that is our style of play where we’re clear in how we want to do it. That added together and consistency reaps great results. Maybe we didn’t have the margins with us last year but if we keep doing this the scoreboard will take care of itself.”

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Conor Hourihane; Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Manning, Dan Williams, Jordon Garrick, Yan Dhanda, Ollie Cooper, Jordan Morris.

Brentford: David Raya, Henrik Dalsgaard (captain), Mads Sorensen, Ethan Pinnock, Rico Henry; Mathias Jensen, Josh Dasilva; Bryan Mbuemo, Vitaly Janelt, Sergi Canos; Ivan Toney.

Substitutes: Luke Daniels, Saman Ghoddos, Marcus Forss, Tariqe Fosu, Mads Roerslev, Jan Zamburek, Fin Stevens, Alex Gilbert, Maxwell Haygarth.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:39 - Jan 27 with 954 viewsangryjack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:37 - Jan 27 by theloneranger

Conor Hourihane can't get into the game.

Prefer dhanda to what I seen so far
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:40 - Jan 27 with 944 viewsonehunglow

Why does Fred simply kick he ball into touch.Almost as good as Phil Bennett

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:41 - Jan 27 with 938 viewsvetchonian

Is this game on swans tv for st holders or do we have to pay

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:42 - Jan 27 with 916 viewsonehunglow

swans tv for anyone

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:42 - Jan 27 with 913 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:41 - Jan 27 by vetchonian

Is this game on swans tv for st holders or do we have to pay

There's a full run down on a thread on here somewhere.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:43 - Jan 27 with 906 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:39 - Jan 27 by Brynmill_Jack

Missing Korey Smith massively

Yep

We’re missing the dog in midfield to wrest control through doggedness and grit

Woulda started with our tried and tested trio where the balance was, well, balanced

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:44 - Jan 27 with 887 views34dfgdf54

First league game so not too critical but CH looks very, very slow.

Grimes head and shoulders at the moment in midfield for us.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:44 - Jan 27 with 881 viewsNotLoyal

Far too ploddy and tentative, far too much time dwelling on the ball. It's not convincing and slightly frustrating.

OK I've changed it.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:45 - Jan 27 with 870 viewsangryjack

We too square at back schoolboy stuff
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:46 - Jan 27 with 854 viewsonehunglow

Please leave Naughton in the changing room half time.

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:47 - Jan 27 with 838 viewsangryjack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:46 - Jan 27 by onehunglow

Please leave Naughton in the changing room half time.

Totally agree
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:47 - Jan 27 with 817 viewsAnotherJohn

Second best so far, although coming more into the game. I have high hopes for Hourihane, but looking rusty today - and a very silly booking.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:48 - Jan 27 with 791 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:44 - Jan 27 by 34dfgdf54

First league game so not too critical but CH looks very, very slow.

Grimes head and shoulders at the moment in midfield for us.

Couldn’t find a team mate in the first 15 minutes but improved. All told a very poor performance first half

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:49 - Jan 27 with 779 viewsonehunglow

TBH,we were shyte and very lucky to be level.

Naughton is excrutiating at best and why he replaced Bennett beats me.

As for Fred ,he is at least consistent.Lovely clearance into touch before half time whistle.

JESUS H

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:49 - Jan 27 with 780 viewsangryjack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:47 - Jan 27 by AnotherJohn

Second best so far, although coming more into the game. I have high hopes for Hourihane, but looking rusty today - and a very silly booking.

Not impressed so far couldn't lace dhanda boots if this anything go by
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:49 - Jan 27 with 773 viewsjackrabbit

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:40 - Jan 27 by onehunglow

Why does Fred simply kick he ball into touch.Almost as good as Phil Bennett

5 times he’s done it. Get it sorted Fred!
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:50 - Jan 27 with 762 views34dfgdf54

I don’t care less about the clean sheet argument coming back at me. If we want to play a possession based game rest of this season or in future, then Woodman cannot play its simple as simple as that. I’ve never seen someone consistently over hit relatively simple passes so much in all my life.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:51 - Jan 27 with 747 viewsheatwave

Not enjoying this. No one is standing out for us.
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:52 - Jan 27 with 727 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Woodman kicks more balls into touch than those Port Talbot players in the Welsh Premier League a few years ago.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:52 - Jan 27 with 729 viewsDr_Winston

Not a great half. About the best that can be said is that we're not losing. Lots of room for improvement. Curt is spot on in what he's saying. We're sitting too deep and allowing them to control the game. Need to get onto the front foot more or they're going to pick us off eventually.

Woodman's distribution is worse than Yodel.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:53 - Jan 27 with 709 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:36 - Jan 27 by onehunglow

Me.Without question

No way mwsh, you’re better than that !

We can do this as our bouncebackability, resilience and determination to win will kick in as it always does

CH needs to massively raise his game.

Although Grimes is our controlling deep focal point I would swap him and CH. We need Grimes’ guile, energy and tenaciousness further in the red zone - he’s a bit wasted sittting deep in a game we could do with winning

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:53 - Jan 27 with 710 viewsangryjack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:50 - Jan 27 by 34dfgdf54

I don’t care less about the clean sheet argument coming back at me. If we want to play a possession based game rest of this season or in future, then Woodman cannot play its simple as simple as that. I’ve never seen someone consistently over hit relatively simple passes so much in all my life.

He's obviously been told to hit the wing backs as that's his ball every time.just over its them,they are cutting out our centre halves receiving it from him,would rather hit ayew and try change game up as they got us sussed
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:55 - Jan 27 with 674 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:53 - Jan 27 by angryjack

He's obviously been told to hit the wing backs as that's his ball every time.just over its them,they are cutting out our centre halves receiving it from him,would rather hit ayew and try change game up as they got us sussed

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:55 - Jan 27 with 670 viewsangryjack

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:52 - Jan 27 by Dr_Winston

Not a great half. About the best that can be said is that we're not losing. Lots of room for improvement. Curt is spot on in what he's saying. We're sitting too deep and allowing them to control the game. Need to get onto the front foot more or they're going to pick us off eventually.

We sitting deep because were afraid of their pace if we got further up the pitch their balls over top would ruin cabango and naughton
Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:57 - Jan 27 with 639 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City V Brentford OFFICIAL Matchday thread TEAMS ⚽️ on 19:52 - Jan 27 by Dr_Winston

The only positive is we are not losing, we won’t get so lucky in the second half playing like that - interesting to see if Cooper can earn his corn at HT.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024