Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's 17:28 - Feb 2 with 728 viewsdurham_exile

SB takes his charges to Salford this evening for a game against the Ammies at the Peninsula Stadium. This will be our tenth game since our last victory and much has happened this week. Cohen Bramall has moved on to Lincoln City for an undisclosed sum, which is both disappointing and not exactly unexpected given that he was out of contract in the summer.

Admittedly he has not been at the races this season but then who has for the Super U’s. Still expect him to be one of the Imps top performers as they chase Championship football.

Yesterday saw some frantic transfer action with Big Frank Nouble returning from Plymouth Argyle on loan where he has been struggling to get into the team after a bright start to the season. Brendan Wiredu arrived on an 18-month deal from Charlton and Josh Doherty on loan from Crawley.

Controversially seven of the U’s youngsters were let go including Fernandes, Kensdale and Scarlett. Opinion is divided as to the reasoning for their departure. I am surprised that investment made into the U’s academy is so easily discarded and we wish them well for the future. The football league is littered with former Colchester players and academy products. I appreciate that not every player is going to necessarily make the first team, but our club is facing a crisis of confidence at present and such clear outs do nothing for morale.

Macca Bonne played for QPR last night and should have scored but he is at least plying his trade in the Championship. Ian Henderson is proving his worth at Salford City and will be a handful tonight.

Richie Wellens side will prove problematic for a dispirited U’s team, but the arrival of Big Frank will at least warm up the forward line which had become absolute zero temperature!

Personally, I would play all three tonight and it will really give the team a lift.

Gerken

Welch-Hayes Eastman Smith Doherty

Chilvers Wiredu Poku

Harriott Brown Nouble

Subs:

George Sowunmi Clampin Lapslie Marshall-Miranda Folivi Oteh

Last season the weather at Salford was not dissimilar to what it will be tonight, and we prevailed with a wonder individual goal from Kwame Poku and Ainsley Harriott cooked up a feast of a goal too.

A similar result tonight is what is required ahead of the Orient game at the weekend.
Weather tonight will be 8 degrees Celsius but rain with 90% precipitation.

It has not stopped snowing all day in Durham and it looks like more tonight so the players will be very wet at the Peninsula Stadium.

Enjoy the game. 2-1 to the U’s with Big Frank and Jevani Brown finding the net.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 17:36 - Feb 2 with 716 viewsnoah4x4

Equivalent game last year was Bingos last. RIP Paul.
Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 17:38 - Feb 2 with 715 viewsmfb_cufc

Salford are the only team to be undefeated at home in League 2, 5 wins 7 draws.

mfb

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 17:57 - Feb 2 with 703 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 17:38 - Feb 2 by mfb_cufc

Salford are the only team to be undefeated at home in League 2, 5 wins 7 draws.

I noticed that earlier, only unbeaten home record in the country I believe. Man U and Sunderland are both unbeaten away. Records are there to be broken though right?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:04 - Feb 2 with 697 viewsdurham_exile

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 17:57 - Feb 2 by RSCOSWORTH

I noticed that earlier, only unbeaten home record in the country I believe. Man U and Sunderland are both unbeaten away. Records are there to be broken though right?

Concerns about the pitch have delayed publication of team sheets

Durham_exile

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:05 - Feb 2 with 695 viewsmfb_cufc

Pitch inspection going on. Game looks in doubt.

mfb

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:13 - Feb 2 with 686 viewsmfb_cufc

GAME OFF

mfb

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:17 - Feb 2 with 684 viewsdurham_exile

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:13 - Feb 2 by mfb_cufc

GAME OFF

Sensible decision.

Nothing changes though play all the newbies at Brisbane Road at the weekend.

Up the U:s

Durham_exile

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:28 - Feb 2 with 678 viewsnoah4x4

I am watching on I Follow. They have soppers on the pitch and the Col U players are still hanging around. Are they now trying to get it on????
Login to get fewer ads

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:33 - Feb 2 with 670 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Please Gary, can we have some money?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55714008

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:34 - Feb 2 with 670 viewsnoah4x4

Now marking white lines. What is going on?
Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:37 - Feb 2 with 669 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:34 - Feb 2 by noah4x4

Water polo?

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:44 - Feb 2 with 662 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:34 - Feb 2 by noah4x4

I guess if both teams are already there and the weather isn't getting any worse then they can probably push the kick off back an hour or maybe more to try to get the game on. It's not like there are fans to worry about and an 20:00 kick off isn't unreasonable.

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:50 - Feb 2 with 651 viewswessex_exile

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:44 - Feb 2 by RSCOSWORTH

I guess if both teams are already there and the weather isn't getting any worse then they can probably push the kick off back an hour or maybe more to try to get the game on. It's not like there are fans to worry about and an 20:00 kick off isn't unreasonable.

Can't imagine that's likely, not now it's been called off - and anyway, forecasts suggests it's going to keep raining up there right through the night.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:55 - Feb 2 with 645 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 18:50 - Feb 2 by wessex_exile

Can't imagine that's likely, not now it's been called off - and anyway, forecasts suggests it's going to keep raining up there right through the night.

Does seem a bit ridiculous but so does marking out the white lines!

Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 19:05 - Feb 2 with 638 viewsnoah4x4

IFollow has finally posted a "match postponed" message at 18:50. But for 30 minutes Gary Neville, the Salford coaches and Referee & Assistants were on pitch watching ground staff frantically trying to soak up water. No U's people on the pitch, but there was a camera shot of them patiently waiting in the stand. I heard somebody say ref, give it another hour at 18:45. But he evidently lost patience having tried to kick a ball along a path cleared by a mini-sopper.

Accrington game put back 30 minutes, so absence of fans is permitting creativity.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2021 19:09]
Dirty Old Town and three vital points for the U's on 19:08 - Feb 2 with 631 viewsgerry_us

Stress less evening coming up!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024