Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
*IF* we went up 18:51 - Mar 13 with 4226 viewsdantheswansman

Do we have a single player who could make it in the premier league?
Besides Ayew, and even he is questionable do we have any players good enough for that league
Personally i just don't see them, yes on their day there are a few, but them having those days are few and far between
I'm completely amazed we are in the position we are to be honest
So who if anyone do you think could cut it with the "big boys"
*IF* we went up on 14:21 - Mar 14 with 851 viewshobo

Roberts
Ayew (can't believe some are omitting him)
Hourihane
Grimes
Guehi

Potential to be PL standard
Woodman
Cabango
*IF* we went up on 14:28 - Mar 14 with 841 viewsOldjack

*IF* we went up on 14:21 - Mar 14 by hobo

Roberts
Ayew (can't believe some are omitting him)
Hourihane
Grimes
Guehi

Potential to be PL standard
Woodman
Cabango

dear me , send me some of those Jamaican woodbines ,ta

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

*IF* we went up on 15:16 - Mar 14 with 805 viewsonehunglow

*IF* we went up on 14:28 - Mar 14 by Oldjack

dear me , send me some of those Jamaican woodbines ,ta

Woodman in Prem

Come on ,please.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

*IF* we went up on 16:17 - Mar 14 with 777 viewsReslovenSwan1

*IF* we went up on 15:16 - Mar 14 by onehunglow

Woodman in Prem

Come on ,please.

Ki was a PL player and Amat played quite a lot. Taylor never strick me as a world beater. Jazz did a turn and probably deserved more games. Abert Lamah and Sheckter played and Vasquez. Gower dd well after signing from Southend. Paloschi. Garry Monk himself was a EFL stalwart rather than PL and Alan Tate was Alan Tate class.

Wise sage since Toshack era

*IF* we went up on 17:12 - Mar 14 with 775 viewsTreforys_Jack

*IF* we went up on 13:29 - Mar 14 by MrSwerve

A lot of people were saying this in 2010. People thought that we'd have a shocker of a first PL season.

There's a lot of 'fear' about the PL, which is created mostly by the media...in reality the bottom third of the PL and the top 4 or 5 in the Championship don't have much between them.

Spot on Mr Swerve.
*IF* we went up on 17:19 - Mar 14 with 773 viewsOldjack

*IF* we went up on 17:12 - Mar 14 by Treforys_Jack

Spot on Mr Swerve.

what you seem to forget is we actually played football the right way back then just like liids are doing now ,I've seen very little of that recently

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

*IF* we went up on 18:52 - Mar 14 with 727 viewstrampie

*IF* we went up on 13:29 - Mar 14 by MrSwerve

A lot of people were saying this in 2010. People thought that we'd have a shocker of a first PL season.

There's a lot of 'fear' about the PL, which is created mostly by the media...in reality the bottom third of the PL and the top 4 or 5 in the Championship don't have much between them.

I can remember at the time telling people we could finish anywhere between 8th and 20th, Prem League no great shakes outside the top 6, 8 ,10 clubs (depending on the season).

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

*IF* we went up on 19:09 - Mar 14 with 726 viewsTreforys_Jack

*IF* we went up on 17:19 - Mar 14 by Oldjack

what you seem to forget is we actually played football the right way back then just like liids are doing now ,I've seen very little of that recently

Not forgetting anything.
Login to get fewer ads

*IF* we went up on 20:12 - Mar 14 with 688 viewsReslovenSwan1

BBC tonight v the Hammers.

"West Ham are the first team since Swansea City in March 2018 to fail to have a shot in the first half of a Premier League game against Manchester United".

Good to see the Swans get some recognition for once. Fabanski was in goal back then as well. A 2-0 defeat.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2021 20:12]

Wise sage since Toshack era

*IF* we went up on 21:52 - Mar 14 with 677 viewsCatullus

*IF* we went up on 19:23 - Mar 13 by Chief

I don't want to sound submissive, but if we go up, the funds should be mostly spent on securing the future of the club, not staying up.

Basically plan for the season after back in the championship. Build slowly and gradually.

This doesn't sound bad and I think it's exactly the plan. They're not going to spend big money on the team nor run up big wage bills that would be disastrous if/when we gto relegated.
I don't think anybody should get carried away and think they'll spend much, I doubt they'd retain Ayew to start with.
The team will do it's best but the reality is we'd be almost dead certainties for relegation unless Cooper performed a miracle.
It's partly why I keep on about poor performances, we can't expect the team to be strengthened much, what we have now will probably only see a few additions and there won't be big money signings or massive wages paid. I think the owners are quite prepared for us to yo-yo and build the club slowly and sustainably.

Anyone expecting anything more is probably going to be disappointed.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

*IF* we went up on 06:57 - Mar 15 with 633 viewsDr_Winston

*IF* we went up on 21:52 - Mar 14 by Catullus

This doesn't sound bad and I think it's exactly the plan. They're not going to spend big money on the team nor run up big wage bills that would be disastrous if/when we gto relegated.
I don't think anybody should get carried away and think they'll spend much, I doubt they'd retain Ayew to start with.
The team will do it's best but the reality is we'd be almost dead certainties for relegation unless Cooper performed a miracle.
It's partly why I keep on about poor performances, we can't expect the team to be strengthened much, what we have now will probably only see a few additions and there won't be big money signings or massive wages paid. I think the owners are quite prepared for us to yo-yo and build the club slowly and sustainably.

Anyone expecting anything more is probably going to be disappointed.

Yep. In any case given current management and the way the team is set up to play then an immediate return is probably the most likely outcome no matter what we do.

Being financially prudent is the obvious course of action, even if we'd then get months of people like Pikey and Perchy wailing tediously and endlessly about how the owners are apparently bleeding us and we need to be sold to someone who'd run us into tens of millions of pounds of debt, as if we hadn't just spent the last three years doing our best to avoid that outcome.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

*IF* we went up on 16:44 - Mar 15 with 586 viewsOldjack

*IF* we went up on 18:52 - Mar 14 by trampie

I can remember at the time telling people we could finish anywhere between 8th and 20th, Prem League no great shakes outside the top 6, 8 ,10 clubs (depending on the season).

you're talking like our deluded little cousins now ,and we all know how well they did. Why do you thing most clubs that go up normally come back down within two seasons? You might get the one odd victory but week in week out it's a battering,As it stands we're a million miles of prem football

*IF* we went up on 16:53 - Mar 15 with 579 viewsonehunglow

*IF* we went up on 16:44 - Mar 15 by Oldjack

you're talking like our deluded little cousins now ,and we all know how well they did. Why do you thing most clubs that go up normally come back down within two seasons? You might get the one odd victory but week in week out it's a battering,As it stands we're a million miles of prem football

It's the truth Alan

Last time ,we had a decent core. Now ,we dont even have a keeper,no striker at all;really we should stop this discussion there.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

*IF* we went up on 18:51 - Mar 15 with 567 viewsTreforys_Jack

Let's not bother then is it, ffs.
*IF* we went up on 19:00 - Mar 15 with 558 viewstrampie

I'm talking about back in 2011 when we got promoted to the Premier League, we finished that season in 11th place.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

*IF* we went up on 19:14 - Mar 15 with 554 viewsOldjack

*IF* we went up on 18:51 - Mar 15 by Treforys_Jack

Let's not bother then is it, ffs.

Crack on ,but with what we got right now there'll only be one outcome along with bucket loads of anger and tears

*IF* we went up on 20:36 - Mar 15 with 538 viewsTreforys_Jack

*IF* we went up on 19:14 - Mar 15 by Oldjack

Crack on ,but with what we got right now there'll only be one outcome along with bucket loads of anger and tears

If we get promoted and its a big if, the side we have now will not be the side that plays in the PL.
*IF* we went up on 21:07 - Mar 15 with 525 viewsOldjack

*IF* we went up on 20:36 - Mar 15 by Treforys_Jack

If we get promoted and its a big if, the side we have now will not be the side that plays in the PL.

Obviously there will be a few changes but bargain-basement buys ,that's all we'll be able to afford and not many of them either , not to mention some of Cooper's bright ideas

*IF* we went up on 21:51 - Mar 15 with 513 viewsAndyCole

*IF* we went up on 06:57 - Mar 15 by Dr_Winston

Yep. In any case given current management and the way the team is set up to play then an immediate return is probably the most likely outcome no matter what we do.

Being financially prudent is the obvious course of action, even if we'd then get months of people like Pikey and Perchy wailing tediously and endlessly about how the owners are apparently bleeding us and we need to be sold to someone who'd run us into tens of millions of pounds of debt, as if we hadn't just spent the last three years doing our best to avoid that outcome.

In stark contrast to this typically meek, defeatist skew, our current management on and off the pitch is clearly set up to succeed. As proven over the last 18+ months. Facts always win over the subjective opinions of the submissive.

Continue with this model, with wily stewardship at Exec, Management and our trusty spine on the pitch, the most likely outcome is ongoing unrivalled success, again.

Being financially prudent has been our modus operandi for quite some time. Why the odd eccentric casual observer chooses to only now focus on this as some kind of revelation speaks volumes.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

*IF* we went up on 22:15 - Mar 15 with 509 viewsFireboy2

*IF* we went up on 21:51 - Mar 15 by AndyCole

In stark contrast to this typically meek, defeatist skew, our current management on and off the pitch is clearly set up to succeed. As proven over the last 18+ months. Facts always win over the subjective opinions of the submissive.

Continue with this model, with wily stewardship at Exec, Management and our trusty spine on the pitch, the most likely outcome is ongoing unrivalled success, again.

Being financially prudent has been our modus operandi for quite some time. Why the odd eccentric casual observer chooses to only now focus on this as some kind of revelation speaks volumes.

So how do you actually think we will succeed if we go up with our current manager and spine?

Unrivalled success eh 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024