Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crap Stats of the Day 19:13 - Mar 20 with 5048 viewsTVOS1907

Stephen Humphrys today scored only his second career penalty, but - and here's the interesting bit...

His other career penalty was also against Peterborough back in February 2017 while playing for Shrewsbury.

Like today, Stephen didn't finish that game either, as he was sent-off in the 55th minute, which was the same time as he scored from the spot today!!

Today was also Dale's third 3-3 draw with Peterborough, a figure shared with Port Vale, but only bettered by Wrexham (4).

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crap Stats of the Day on 00:40 - Mar 22 with 879 views49thseason

Without a crowd, there is,practically no home advantage. With a crowd screaming encouragement or abuse at them we would have won more games and Referees would take a second or two more to consider their decisions. This season has been the longest run of friendlies in history.
Crap Stats of the Day on 00:58 - Mar 22 with 863 viewsSandyman

Crap Stats of the Day on 00:40 - Mar 22 by 49thseason

Without a crowd, there is,practically no home advantage. With a crowd screaming encouragement or abuse at them we would have won more games and Referees would take a second or two more to consider their decisions. This season has been the longest run of friendlies in history.

"Without a crowd" has been the modus operandi at ALL clubs, not just Rochdale exclusively. ALL clubs have had that lack of "home advantage" as you say. We have been horrendous without a crowd, in comparison to others who have done really well, without a crowd. BBM's product is horrendous on our own meadow. 16 on the trot without a home win in the league is the worst in the club's history.
Crap Stats of the Day on 07:04 - Mar 22 with 846 viewsTVOS1907

Crap Stats of the Day on 00:40 - Mar 22 by 49thseason

You're only saying that because of Peterborough's penalty on Saturday, which you yourself admitted you had to watch six times before coming to a conclusion. (And how many players complained about it, Morley in particular?)

Which other home results have been affected by there being no crowds to shout abuse?

How did we manage to come back from 3-0 down to Crewe and Wigan with no crowds to shout encouragement? Or to overturn a 2-0 deficit on Saturday?

How have clubs with crowds much larger and much more vociferous than us managed to win significantly more home games?

How come this lack of crowds only seems to have affected us?

Crap Stats of the Day on 14:53 - Mar 22 with 730 views49thseason

Crap Stats of the Day on 07:04 - Mar 22 by TVOS1907

You're only saying that because of Peterborough's penalty on Saturday, which you yourself admitted you had to watch six times before coming to a conclusion. (And how many players complained about it, Morley in particular?)

Which other home results have been affected by there being no crowds to shout abuse?

How did we manage to come back from 3-0 down to Crewe and Wigan with no crowds to shout encouragement? Or to overturn a 2-0 deficit on Saturday?

How have clubs with crowds much larger and much more vociferous than us managed to win significantly more home games?

How come this lack of crowds only seems to have affected us?

Maybe because we dont have a shouty manager or someone to pump the players up in the dressing room although I believe McShane has taken that role on lately? We havent been a team that complains much since the Coleman days, essentially because we dont have the depth in the squad to withstand an occasional sending off or an inherently mischievious player or two. Some managers seem to encourage their teams to "game" the referees, does it "buy" a few extra decisions? Who knows?
Certainly not doing it does not seem to gain many advantages. Personally I don' t approve of surrounding referees and screaming and shouting but I do sometimes wonder if those that do it are acting out a plan to unsettle the officials. I also wonder why some referees seem to ignore players who steal yards for throw ins and dont bother when players kick the ball away to prevent a quick free kick rather than penalise them for it. These things are fine margins but in the final analysis they might be worth 4 or 5 points over a season, maybe more? It is after all a professional sport where winning is what keeps people in jobs.
Crap Stats of the Day on 15:31 - Mar 22 with 696 viewsTVOS1907

Crap Stats of the Day on 14:53 - Mar 22 by 49thseason

Maybe because we dont have a shouty manager or someone to pump the players up in the dressing room although I believe McShane has taken that role on lately? We havent been a team that complains much since the Coleman days, essentially because we dont have the depth in the squad to withstand an occasional sending off or an inherently mischievious player or two. Some managers seem to encourage their teams to "game" the referees, does it "buy" a few extra decisions? Who knows?
Certainly not doing it does not seem to gain many advantages. Personally I don' t approve of surrounding referees and screaming and shouting but I do sometimes wonder if those that do it are acting out a plan to unsettle the officials. I also wonder why some referees seem to ignore players who steal yards for throw ins and dont bother when players kick the ball away to prevent a quick free kick rather than penalise them for it. These things are fine margins but in the final analysis they might be worth 4 or 5 points over a season, maybe more? It is after all a professional sport where winning is what keeps people in jobs.

But that doesn't have anything to do with there being no crowds, as evidenced by the highlights programmes every week.

Some clubs still do it even though their stands are empty.

What would be worth an extra four or five points over a season is managing injury time better than we did on Saturday, also versus Oxford and AFC Wimbledon and at Gillingham.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024