Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oil Cooper 11:38 - Apr 10 with 3949 viewshuwrichards57

Is surely a better option than Routledge ffs?
Oil Cooper on 16:41 - Apr 10 with 1044 viewsjack247

Oil Cooper on 15:49 - Apr 10 by Catullus

I'm happy to revise, Routs turned out to be a master stroke BUT he isn't a long term answer. He's 36 so how much longer can we rely on him?

His control and passing, his intelligence, he was the trigger for a good all around performance.

Of course he isn’t. He won’t be here next season. It’s just a shame we didn’t try this a bit earlier, we may still be challenging Watford.

Credit to Cooper, before the Preston game I never thought he’d drop the 532. It didn’t work with Ayew, Lowe and Whittaker, put Routledge in as the link and the wide two, plus the three behind all have better games.

I don’t pretend to know a lot about Oli Cooper, but it would be unfair to throw an untried 21 year old into Milwall away when we hadn’t scored for 4 games. Another win or two and we’ll be safe in the playoffs. That would be the time to give him and Brandon Cooper minutes, along with Whittaker and Cullen if he’s recovered.
Oil Cooper on 17:10 - Apr 10 with 1001 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Can you start a thread about Grimes like this ? We’d still get second place if he bucks up

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Oil Cooper on 17:56 - Apr 10 with 964 viewsAndyCole

Oil Cooper on 12:21 - Apr 10 by Dr_Winston

Routledge should have been thanked for his service and released at the end of last season.

Routledge should be thanked for his massive contribution in our quest for promotion - this and last term.

And at the end of this season should be considered in an ongoing capacity. It's his shout. He's earned the right, unlike some.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Oil Cooper on 18:28 - Apr 10 with 945 viewsNortbankboy

Oil Cooper on 14:38 - Apr 10 by dantheswansman

The dumbness of some posters on here never fails to amaze me

Me to
Oil Cooper on 18:45 - Apr 10 with 936 viewsjack247

Oil Cooper on 17:56 - Apr 10 by AndyCole

Routledge should be thanked for his massive contribution in our quest for promotion - this and last term.

And at the end of this season should be considered in an ongoing capacity. It's his shout. He's earned the right, unlike some.

You’re being silly now. Try to keep it plausible
Oil Cooper on 18:53 - Apr 10 with 928 viewsjasper_T

Oil Cooper on 16:41 - Apr 10 by jack247

Of course he isn’t. He won’t be here next season. It’s just a shame we didn’t try this a bit earlier, we may still be challenging Watford.

Credit to Cooper, before the Preston game I never thought he’d drop the 532. It didn’t work with Ayew, Lowe and Whittaker, put Routledge in as the link and the wide two, plus the three behind all have better games.

I don’t pretend to know a lot about Oli Cooper, but it would be unfair to throw an untried 21 year old into Milwall away when we hadn’t scored for 4 games. Another win or two and we’ll be safe in the playoffs. That would be the time to give him and Brandon Cooper minutes, along with Whittaker and Cullen if he’s recovered.

Waiting until we're safe or there's no pressure is why we didn't produce another player after Ben Davies in the PL. Those games come along so infrequently. Managers with good records for bringing players through (and Cooper is included in this if you only focus on his England u17s boys) give them competitive football early and regularly - it's not an hour in the cup then nothing for 18 months as Brandon got before this season. Even if they do well are they really earning the manager's faith for important fixtures down the line in dead rubbers?

Potter had the right idea. Stick Dan James on for 20 minutes to be smashed about against Birmingham then a few weeks later he's ripping Ipswich apart.
Oil Cooper on 19:05 - Apr 10 with 913 viewsjack247

Oil Cooper on 18:53 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

Waiting until we're safe or there's no pressure is why we didn't produce another player after Ben Davies in the PL. Those games come along so infrequently. Managers with good records for bringing players through (and Cooper is included in this if you only focus on his England u17s boys) give them competitive football early and regularly - it's not an hour in the cup then nothing for 18 months as Brandon got before this season. Even if they do well are they really earning the manager's faith for important fixtures down the line in dead rubbers?

Potter had the right idea. Stick Dan James on for 20 minutes to be smashed about against Birmingham then a few weeks later he's ripping Ipswich apart.

You don’t have to wait until there’s no pressure, if they are ready, bed them in early in the season like Dan James and Ben Davies. I’m not suggesting we only give debuts in dead rubbers. At the same time, if and when we’re more or less certain to be top 6, why not play them?

What you don’t do is throw them into a game where we’ve lost 4 in a row without scoring, have been playing poorly, confidence shot, half looking over our shoulder at 7th place against a team on a good run.

Easy to say in hindsight, but Routledge was exactly what we needed today.
Oil Cooper on 19:06 - Apr 10 with 912 viewsjacktar

Oil Cooper on 11:59 - Apr 10 by Joe_bradshaw

His tackling can be a bit crude at times.

Well, well!

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Login to get fewer ads

Oil Cooper on 19:10 - Apr 10 with 906 viewsjasper_T

Oil Cooper on 19:05 - Apr 10 by jack247

You don’t have to wait until there’s no pressure, if they are ready, bed them in early in the season like Dan James and Ben Davies. I’m not suggesting we only give debuts in dead rubbers. At the same time, if and when we’re more or less certain to be top 6, why not play them?

What you don’t do is throw them into a game where we’ve lost 4 in a row without scoring, have been playing poorly, confidence shot, half looking over our shoulder at 7th place against a team on a good run.

Easy to say in hindsight, but Routledge was exactly what we needed today.

If the first team isn't performing why stick with them instead of giving a youngster an opportunity? We got relegated because a cowardly manager wouldn't take any risks when we were in a similar downward spiral. Players like Whittaker who are fit and desperate to impress can provide a much-needed spark.
Oil Cooper on 19:16 - Apr 10 with 901 viewsjack247

Oil Cooper on 19:10 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

If the first team isn't performing why stick with them instead of giving a youngster an opportunity? We got relegated because a cowardly manager wouldn't take any risks when we were in a similar downward spiral. Players like Whittaker who are fit and desperate to impress can provide a much-needed spark.

He did that against Preston. He went with Routledge instead of Whittaker today and it worked well.
Oil Cooper on 18:07 - Apr 17 with 743 viewshuwrichards57

Think this is relevant again after Ayew's injury.
Oil Cooper on 18:45 - Apr 17 with 706 viewskrunchykarrot

Oil Cooper on 19:10 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

I agree but where i think we struggle is we cant hold the ball up front. Whittaker is young and gets bullied off the ball a lot. I think Cooper has been caught between sticking and twisting.
Hurryup has been an embarresment , Ayew is old and thinks he is better than he is, and has handicapped Cooper/Club with wages. Jamal needs support and is not a CF. Woodman is never going to make the Premiership like some predict, and we lost the best player to make a difference back to Wolves.
Today though was downright embarrasing with players looking at each other with distain nevermind they hadnt moved to make themselves available.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024