Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we stop worrying? 11:13 - Apr 19 with 1670 viewsTheOldOakTree

If the Super League goes ahead and the big 6 naff off. Does that mean that 6 teams will automatically move up from each division?

i.e. no relegations this year?
Can we stop worrying? on 12:01 - Apr 19 with 1645 viewswessex_exile

It's not often I have sympathy for supporters of the Premier League giants involved, but I do today. This will be an appalling decision if it goes ahead, just pure unbridled greed from club owners, nothing less nothing more, and a decision that is 100% opposed by all of their supporter associations.

However, apart from taking a significant amount of investment out of football, some of which would eventually filter down to the grass roots, if they want to 'eff off and play in a pointless and meaningless little mini-league year after year, just so the uber-rich can get richer, then good riddance to them.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Can we stop worrying? on 12:03 - Apr 19 with 1643 viewsmfb_cufc

In reference to TOOT the competition is not due to start until 2022.

Mourinho has been sacked at Spurs. It is rumoured it was because he refused to take training this morning in protest to this joke competition.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 12:09]

mfb

Can we stop worrying? on 12:13 - Apr 19 with 1632 viewsgerry_us

Have I dreamed it but haven't all of the big teams complained about the number of games they have to play even in a normal season. Surely this is only going to increase the number of games throughout the year.
I say sling 'em out of the English league complely and that will improve our chances of European football!
Can we stop worrying? on 13:36 - Apr 19 with 1616 viewsTheOldOakTree

Can we stop worrying? on 12:03 - Apr 19 by mfb_cufc

In reference to TOOT the competition is not due to start until 2022.

Mourinho has been sacked at Spurs. It is rumoured it was because he refused to take training this morning in protest to this joke competition.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 12:09]

Sorry, I didn't see the 2022 bit, I guess biting fingernails is back at the top of the 'to do' list.

If they want to f-off and starve the rest of the game that has provided them with the means to get where they are, then anyone who plays for them should be banned from playing for their country for at least 5 years. Not that playing for their country means much nowadays.
Can we stop worrying? on 16:12 - Apr 19 with 1589 viewsthrillseeker

No relegation this year was my worry as it would have given Sarfend a lifeline
Can we stop worrying? on 16:49 - Apr 19 with 1579 viewswessex_exile

Can we stop worrying? on 13:36 - Apr 19 by TheOldOakTree

Sorry, I didn't see the 2022 bit, I guess biting fingernails is back at the top of the 'to do' list.

If they want to f-off and starve the rest of the game that has provided them with the means to get where they are, then anyone who plays for them should be banned from playing for their country for at least 5 years. Not that playing for their country means much nowadays.

I understand both UEFA and FIFA have pretty much said as much - anyone playing in the ESL would be banned from all other domestic, European and world competitions.

Up the U's

Can we stop worrying? on 16:55 - Apr 20 with 1498 viewsmfb_cufc

Just heard on TalkSport that Grimsby are giving anybody a Grimsby shirt if they hand in one from a club in the ESL. So far 100 people had taken up the offer. A great idea, because nobody would buy a Grimsby shirt at this time in a season, with another new one coming out next season.

mfb

Can we stop worrying? on 19:07 - Apr 20 with 1472 viewsmfb_cufc

Chelsea are preparing to withdraw from ESL.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

Can we stop worrying? on 19:51 - Apr 20 with 1464 viewswessex_exile

Can we stop worrying? on 19:07 - Apr 20 by mfb_cufc

Chelsea are preparing to withdraw from ESL.

Them and Man City now have.

Up the U's

Can we stop worrying? on 23:35 - Apr 20 with 1441 viewsmfb_cufc

All six Premier League clubs have pulled out now.

mfb

Can we stop worrying? on 23:54 - Apr 20 with 1436 viewswessex_exile

Can we stop worrying? on 23:35 - Apr 20 by mfb_cufc

All six Premier League clubs have pulled out now.

Good - but don't forget people, they would have done it if they could have got away with it.

Up the U's

Can we stop worrying? on 11:00 - Apr 21 with 1385 viewsburnsieespana

Good but only pulled out because of the public outcry.
Have no doubt they will now be pushing for combination of more money and what has always been an objective playing B teams lower down in the League similar to the Spanish system.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024