Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scott Tanser 21:04 - Apr 25 with 3193 viewsinthenet

Who remembers the lad still only 26 and playing for St Johnstone in the Scottish cup today .... always thought he was a decent player.

Rastrickblue

Scott Tanser on 22:10 - Apr 25 with 3074 viewsfitzochris

He is and is very well regarded in Scotland. There is interest from English Championship clubs.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Scott Tanser on 00:05 - Apr 26 with 2976 viewsdale5758

another one badly managed by hilly

Poll: Spenhe Hogan windfall and on who?

Scott Tanser on 08:39 - Apr 26 with 2794 viewsIOMDale

Scott Tanser on 00:05 - Apr 26 by dale5758

another one badly managed by hilly

‘Another one’? As opposed to the dozens who thrived under his tutelage at one point or another.

Just maybe, at the time of his release, Tanser wasn’t applying himself correctly, before realising he had to knuckle down.

UTDNFS

Scott Tanser on 08:50 - Apr 26 with 2760 viewsD_Alien

Scott Tanser on 08:39 - Apr 26 by IOMDale

‘Another one’? As opposed to the dozens who thrived under his tutelage at one point or another.

Just maybe, at the time of his release, Tanser wasn’t applying himself correctly, before realising he had to knuckle down.

That may be true, or not, but Hill threw Tanser "under a bus" after he'd been out injured. He exposed him, without the usual support of a wide midfielder ahead to track back, against a pacy winger and before Tanser was anywhere near match fit. It destroyed his confidence. If memory serves, he even played him on his 'wrong" side when there were other options

The bigger issue is, the team suffered as a result and it was a wasted game for fans too, all to serve Hilly's ego

Great manager for most of the time

[Post edited 26 Apr 2021 8:53]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scott Tanser on 09:28 - Apr 26 with 2697 viewsJames1980

Scott Tanser on 08:50 - Apr 26 by D_Alien

That may be true, or not, but Hill threw Tanser "under a bus" after he'd been out injured. He exposed him, without the usual support of a wide midfielder ahead to track back, against a pacy winger and before Tanser was anywhere near match fit. It destroyed his confidence. If memory serves, he even played him on his 'wrong" side when there were other options

The bigger issue is, the team suffered as a result and it was a wasted game for fans too, all to serve Hilly's ego

Great manager for most of the time

[Post edited 26 Apr 2021 8:53]

Seems strange the almost obsession like action at times of both our current and previous manager playing players out of position. I know at times it will be due to injury and the player chosen being the one they feel best fills the gap. I do wonder (probably incorrectly) if it is in part sometimes to try and show a player's versatility and therefore increase their valuation. I've thought this hairbrained idea so it is probably totally and utterly wrong.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Scott Tanser on 10:11 - Apr 26 with 2619 viewsjonahwhereru

I remember seeing Scott play at Orient. That day I turned to my Dad and said he will be in pro football for a long time. I was surprised how it ended for him at Dale. However pleased for him that my assessment is proving correct. Remember it was his cross that Joe Bunney scored from on debut.
Scotland has clearly suited both Scott and Higgy. Not sure how Hoti is doing in his foray to Scotland.
Scott Tanser on 10:37 - Apr 26 with 2569 viewsfitzochris

Scott Tanser on 10:11 - Apr 26 by jonahwhereru

I remember seeing Scott play at Orient. That day I turned to my Dad and said he will be in pro football for a long time. I was surprised how it ended for him at Dale. However pleased for him that my assessment is proving correct. Remember it was his cross that Joe Bunney scored from on debut.
Scotland has clearly suited both Scott and Higgy. Not sure how Hoti is doing in his foray to Scotland.

Blowing Hoti and cold. Only made his debut for Dundee United recently. He has impressed in the limited opportunities he's had. He'd been sent to Forfar on loan to get more games under his belt. He's too good for that level, though.

EDIT: This is quite a good article as to where he's at: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/dundee-united/2126395/florent-hot
[Post edited 26 Apr 2021 10:42]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Scott Tanser on 10:48 - Apr 26 with 2527 viewsLaveritty

Remember him playing at centre half, at the start of what I think was our first season without R Craig, looking calm and assured and confident on the ball. Thought he looked a good prospect and could have been our next big money sale.

Seem to remember there was a falling out with Hill over which was his best/favoured position? Can't remember which way round it was but one thought he was a better CH and the other belived LB was his best role. I was disappointed but not surprised to see him go.

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Login to get fewer ads

Scott Tanser on 12:55 - Apr 26 with 2307 viewsboromat

One of the few youth players we've brought through that pinned down a first team place while we were in League One. Was really disappointing how he faded out after that great first full season.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024