Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Today has been disappointing 17:35 - May 29 with 2268 viewsKeithHaynes

But please respect the websites guidelines and think about what breaching them is actually affecting.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Today has been disappointing on 17:56 - May 29 with 1769 viewsReslovenSwan1

A listless display. The responsibility for this rests on the manager who declined to rotate properly to keep his star players sharp and fresh. Franks is a better manger and has proved it with performances and results over two seasons.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Today has been disappointing on 18:04 - May 29 with 1736 viewsonehunglow

Utterly unsurprising
Those who have expressed doubts as regards the squad ,manager and owners should be respected for their opinions.
The world is not sugar and spice

Today,was typical of what we have been all season. We were ,as they say,let's admit it,lucky to get to play offs.

Next season will be far tougher

Blades will be toiugh,Fulham have money and Baggies are always there to go up. Hull have sorted themselves out and Posh are ambitious.

Makes you sick really.

Ambition

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Today has been disappointing on 18:05 - May 29 with 1741 viewsKeithHaynes

Today has been disappointing on 18:04 - May 29 by onehunglow

Utterly unsurprising
Those who have expressed doubts as regards the squad ,manager and owners should be respected for their opinions.
The world is not sugar and spice

Today,was typical of what we have been all season. We were ,as they say,let's admit it,lucky to get to play offs.

Next season will be far tougher

Blades will be toiugh,Fulham have money and Baggies are always there to go up. Hull have sorted themselves out and Posh are ambitious.

Makes you sick really.

Ambition

It’s more about any thread deteriorating into a slanging match.

Today has been disappointing on 18:17 - May 29 with 1689 viewsonehunglow

Today has been disappointing on 18:05 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

It’s more about any thread deteriorating into a slanging match.

Well ,Keith,me ol mucker,anything I post is jumped on by certain posters.Some want to abuse me. Good luck with that.

I have every right,like dwight,to state how we feel without people stating they want to resort to violence .How is that no hate speech and why is that tolerated.

As long a we stick to club matters,then we should be able to have discourse.

If we all thought the same ,this site has no purpose.

Today has been disappointing on 18:19 - May 29 with 1700 viewsKeithHaynes

Today has been disappointing on 18:17 - May 29 by onehunglow

Well ,Keith,me ol mucker,anything I post is jumped on by certain posters.Some want to abuse me. Good luck with that.

I have every right,like dwight,to state how we feel without people stating they want to resort to violence .How is that no hate speech and why is that tolerated.

As long a we stick to club matters,then we should be able to have discourse.

If we all thought the same ,this site has no purpose.

Nobody is saying that any opinion isn’t welcome.
But no abuse is the key.

Today has been disappointing on 18:31 - May 29 with 1653 viewsNEATHCCFC

You were outclassed by a far better team, it was expected and you over achieved for such a small club to get to the final. Have a great weekend, the rest of Wales will.
Today has been disappointing on 18:32 - May 29 with 1633 viewsonehunglow

Today has been disappointing on 18:19 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

Nobody is saying that any opinion isn’t welcome.
But no abuse is the key.

Well read what is posted Keith. Really read it.
No need at all for it

Today has been disappointing on 18:33 - May 29 with 1642 viewsKeithHaynes

Today has been disappointing on 18:32 - May 29 by onehunglow

Well read what is posted Keith. Really read it.
No need at all for it

I did, I have and it’s gone.

Login to get fewer ads

Today has been disappointing on 18:35 - May 29 with 1632 viewsTreforys_Jack

Today has been disappointing on 18:31 - May 29 by NEATHCCFC

You were outclassed by a far better team, it was expected and you over achieved for such a small club to get to the final. Have a great weekend, the rest of Wales will.

Where did you finish again butt ! Apart from your last sentence, pretty much agree with the rest of your insightful post.
Today has been disappointing on 18:36 - May 29 with 1610 viewsonehunglow

Today has been disappointing on 18:33 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

I did, I have and it’s gone.

You are now Julius Caesar then.

Watch the sunburn

Today has been disappointing on 18:43 - May 29 with 1605 viewsKeithHaynes

Today has been disappointing on 18:36 - May 29 by onehunglow

You are now Julius Caesar then.

Watch the sunburn

👏 tonight is hot.

Today has been disappointing on 19:24 - May 29 with 1503 viewsonehunglow

Today has been disappointing on 18:43 - May 29 by KeithHaynes

👏 tonight is hot.

Tonight 's the night.#
It's gonna be alright

Innit

Today has been disappointing on 20:48 - May 29 with 1412 viewsCatullus

Today has been disappointing on 18:31 - May 29 by NEATHCCFC

It must hurt that such a small club, even when it's playing really badly, is still so much better than CCFC.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Today has been disappointing on 21:54 - May 29 with 1340 viewsChief

Today has been disappointing on 17:56 - May 29 by ReslovenSwan1

A listless display. The responsibility for this rests on the manager who declined to rotate properly to keep his star players sharp and fresh. Franks is a better manger and has proved it with performances and results over two seasons.

Oh ffs yes of course we lost today because Cooper didn't bring on Arriola more back in January.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Today has been disappointing on 22:08 - May 29 with 1322 viewsThornburyswan

Unfortunately the game went & we played as broadly expected - we all hoped for something different & better but if we are all honest with ourselves it was as expected (feared if you prefer).

I suspect whilst we are all disappointed, maybe even gutted, but I also suspect we’ll all (well most of us anyway) get past it a lot quicker as the reality of where we are vs Norwich, Watford & now Brentford.

Without our loanees & Ayew (plus maybe Routs) will be tough and clearly the 3 coming down plus Bournemouth for 4 at least will start off in a better position to us . . . . . . Then again we have rarely taken the easy road so here’s to 6/7 new players, hopefully including a couple of strikers, & a more attacking & pleasing style from August!
Today has been disappointing on 22:20 - May 29 with 1280 viewsCatullus

Today has been disappointing on 22:08 - May 29 by Thornburyswan

Unfortunately the game went & we played as broadly expected - we all hoped for something different & better but if we are all honest with ourselves it was as expected (feared if you prefer).

I suspect whilst we are all disappointed, maybe even gutted, but I also suspect we’ll all (well most of us anyway) get past it a lot quicker as the reality of where we are vs Norwich, Watford & now Brentford.

Without our loanees & Ayew (plus maybe Routs) will be tough and clearly the 3 coming down plus Bournemouth for 4 at least will start off in a better position to us . . . . . . Then again we have rarely taken the easy road so here’s to 6/7 new players, hopefully including a couple of strikers, & a more attacking & pleasing style from August!

To be honest Thorbury, I was past it before the final whistle. I had already started wondering what we'd do when we lost Guehi, Ayew and the rest, though like several others I was happy at seeing the last of Hourihane, he was like a 5th columnist for most of his time here, he should have been sent back weeks agao. I wouldn't be surpised if Smith asked to leave after being overlooked for such a player as Houri.

It's not just about the players we are losing either, we'll still need a striker and our owners, having done things dirt cheap thus far now have a very hard decision. Whoever our manager is, do they let him spend on the players we need or do they stay as they are? If we don't sign players who are good enough, and enough of them, I think we are relegation candidates. Can we loan in players again that will get us to the top 6? Do any of us want another season of this dross? I heard one pundit said Cooper had done a fantastic job on a tight budget and he'd had to be very pragmatic about the style.....all very true but that pragmatism returned some of the worst football seen here in decades.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Today has been disappointing on 22:36 - May 29 with 1243 viewsjasper_T

Today has been disappointing on 22:20 - May 29 by Catullus

To be honest Thorbury, I was past it before the final whistle. I had already started wondering what we'd do when we lost Guehi, Ayew and the rest, though like several others I was happy at seeing the last of Hourihane, he was like a 5th columnist for most of his time here, he should have been sent back weeks agao. I wouldn't be surpised if Smith asked to leave after being overlooked for such a player as Houri.

It's not just about the players we are losing either, we'll still need a striker and our owners, having done things dirt cheap thus far now have a very hard decision. Whoever our manager is, do they let him spend on the players we need or do they stay as they are? If we don't sign players who are good enough, and enough of them, I think we are relegation candidates. Can we loan in players again that will get us to the top 6? Do any of us want another season of this dross? I heard one pundit said Cooper had done a fantastic job on a tight budget and he'd had to be very pragmatic about the style.....all very true but that pragmatism returned some of the worst football seen here in decades.

Under Cooper we've looked like a squad that needs to be pragmatic to get results. Under Potter everyone thought we'd get turned over playing those kids but by the end we were very disappointed not to have made the playoffs with the quality we showed.

I don't think we need a rebuild of "6/7 new players" just to avoid relegation, that's ridiculously pessimistic. Have you seen the dross in this division? Barnsley and Swansea made the playoffs this year!
Today has been disappointing on 22:41 - May 29 with 1235 viewsjeza739

Today has been disappointing on 22:20 - May 29 by Catullus

Can't disagree with that. I fear for next season without Woodman, Guehi, Ayew, pos Roberts and probably cooper. Yes we've been boring but given the squad we've massively overachieved by getting to today. I just fear that without the players whom we know won't be there, without Cooper who may well think he's taken the club without backing as far as he can the squad has bottom 6 written all over it. Defence may be ok, plus Grimes and Fulton but whose scoring goals? Would have Hourihan on a free, if we're not dominating (like today) he's a waste of a shirt. Lucky to come out for 2nd half, though partly down to lack of options.
Today has been disappointing on 22:43 - May 29 with 1229 viewsjeza739

*wouldn't have him on a free*
Today has been disappointing on 22:48 - May 29 with 1219 viewsCatullus

Today has been disappointing on 22:36 - May 29 by jasper_T

Under Cooper we've looked like a squad that needs to be pragmatic to get results. Under Potter everyone thought we'd get turned over playing those kids but by the end we were very disappointed not to have made the playoffs with the quality we showed.

I don't think we need a rebuild of "6/7 new players" just to avoid relegation, that's ridiculously pessimistic. Have you seen the dross in this division? Barnsley and Swansea made the playoffs this year!

Of course we'll need a rebuild, we are going to lose 6/7 players and probably our only real quality player, Ayew. Where would we be this season without Ayew? Then there's Guehi, I doubt he'll be back. To be honest I thought we'd see more of Latibeaudiere, another player who has cause to feel annoyed in my book, when he did play he looked ok.

Woodman, Guehi,,,Hourihane, Ayew, Grimes, Roberts, we could be without them and I reckon losing the first 4 is definite. So that (with the striker we still need) is 5 players minimum. Then Routs is probably finished and Naughton is near his end, that's 6/7.
I'm not just basing it on that, I'm looking at the last 4 months of abject performances.

It's trie the Championship was particulalry bad this season but we can't count on it staying that way, that'd be a gamble don't you think?

Then there's the possibility that Cooper will leave.

Today has been disappointing on 22:50 - May 29 with 1208 viewsmax936

Today has been disappointing on 22:41 - May 29 by jeza739

Can't disagree with that. I fear for next season without Woodman, Guehi, Ayew, pos Roberts and probably cooper. Yes we've been boring but given the squad we've massively overachieved by getting to today. I just fear that without the players whom we know won't be there, without Cooper who may well think he's taken the club without backing as far as he can the squad has bottom 6 written all over it. Defence may be ok, plus Grimes and Fulton but whose scoring goals? Would have Hourihan on a free, if we're not dominating (like today) he's a waste of a shirt. Lucky to come out for 2nd half, though partly down to lack of options.

I for one never ever want to see Hourihane in a Swans shirt again, absolute shithouse of a player, who has slowed our attack down to dawdle, he's been a shocking player for us, made me so angry today watching him, should never have seen the end of the first half let alone have started the second half, offered absolutely nothing.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Today has been disappointing on 22:59 - May 29 with 1175 viewsonehunglow

Today has been disappointing on 22:50 - May 29 by max936

I for one never ever want to see Hourihane in a Swans shirt again, absolute shithouse of a player, who has slowed our attack down to dawdle, he's been a shocking player for us, made me so angry today watching him, should never have seen the end of the first half let alone have started the second half, offered absolutely nothing.

Its been thus every game Steve.
Why was he selected to start
Corey would have least dug in

Cooper ,frankly,made my stomach turn inside out

Today has been disappointing on 23:08 - May 29 with 1153 viewsbuilthjack

Just back from the game. Huge disappointment.
Not entirely unexpected. But there was hope before kick off.
4 or 5 of the starting line up are simply not good enough. It's no good saying continually that Cooper has coached it out of them. The fact is that they didn't ever have it in them.
Yes, Cooper is a boring manager, and needs to go, but we simply haven't got a team, never mind a squad, of decent players.
I fear for us next season, I really do. But will still be watching and supporting.

*** Yanks, do not sell the final Crown Jewels, Roberts and Cabango ***

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Today has been disappointing on 23:11 - May 29 with 1133 viewstrampie

It would be awful indeed if either Cabango or Roberts were to go.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Today has been disappointing on 23:18 - May 29 with 1121 viewsDr_Parnassus

Jesus, we are back to being fatigued now? I honestly can’t keep up with all of this nonsense.

I thought Brentford were the poster boys to show why we need rotation, because they never rotate and will pay the price? Amazingly both teams that never rotate (even though we do and have, probably a little too much in recent times) both got to the play off final.

But still we lost because of fatigue?... after a week off. You couldn’t write it.

We lost to the better side. A side that finished above us in the league with players that will be in the reckoning to make an impact in the Premier League.

They deserved to go up and the league has finished in order, top 3 up, 4th just missing out.

I know some will be using a play off final defeat to use as a tool sharpener for their vendetta sticks, but I ask those sensible souls amongst us to not get sucked in by it. We finished 4th and expectedly lost to 3rd place in the Final.

Excellent season.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024