Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations to Brentford 19:24 - May 29 with 4722 viewstrampie

Brentford deserved their win and promotion, so well done to them.

It was a virtual home game for them mind and played with all English officials, similar scenario the other way round I suppose would be if the match was at St Helens or Ashleigh Road with all Welsh officials, just to put things in context like, things were always stacked against the Swans, as is the want of the powers that be.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Congratulations to Brentford on 19:29 - May 29 with 2627 viewsonehunglow

They won because

They have richer owners
Better owners
better manager
Better recruitment
Better players

More united less class warrior fan base.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Congratulations to Brentford on 19:54 - May 29 with 2596 viewsTreforys_Jack

Yeah I agree, it's almost like we were playing in the English football league or something.
Congratulations to Brentford on 19:56 - May 29 with 2580 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/272645/today-has-been-d

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Congratulations to Brentford on 19:57 - May 29 with 2576 viewstrampie

Congratulations to Brentford on 19:54 - May 29 by Treforys_Jack

Yeah I agree, it's almost like we were playing in the English football league or something.

Yes exactly, it's almost as if things are stacked against the Welsh teams, interestingly throughout nearly all my life it was the football league .

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Congratulations to Brentford on 20:04 - May 29 with 2554 viewsDr_Winston

Brentford have been working towards a unified plan for years. They've recruited managers to suit it. They've signed players to suit it. On occasion they've sold players for big money and reinvested that cash to build themselves as a club. I believe (although could be wrong) they've funded their new stadium themselves. They haven't actually needed an awful lot of cash from their owner at all.

In short, they've done things almost exactly the same way we did ten years ago proving that massive "investment" from owners is unnecessary, and if they weren't so generally full of themselves they'd probably deserve a fair chunk of praise for doing so.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Congratulations to Brentford on 20:26 - May 29 with 2506 viewshowenjack

Well done Brentford have to admit you deserved it - we didnt play as well as we can but fair do's deserved all the same.
(No subject) (n/t) on 20:42 - May 29 with 2466 viewsFireboy2

Congratulations to Brentford on 20:42 - May 29 with 2471 viewstheloneranger

Next season's Fulham. 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations to Brentford on 21:02 - May 29 with 2433 viewsCatullus

Congratulations to Brentford on 20:04 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

Brentford have been working towards a unified plan for years. They've recruited managers to suit it. They've signed players to suit it. On occasion they've sold players for big money and reinvested that cash to build themselves as a club. I believe (although could be wrong) they've funded their new stadium themselves. They haven't actually needed an awful lot of cash from their owner at all.

In short, they've done things almost exactly the same way we did ten years ago proving that massive "investment" from owners is unnecessary, and if they weren't so generally full of themselves they'd probably deserve a fair chunk of praise for doing so.

I think they do deserve a good bit of praise actually. Some of their fans seem to have become big time charlies but they'll learn, the EPL can be a very poisonous chalice. Drink from it, drink deep and enjoy the good times (if they come and if they last longer than 2/3 seasons) because relegation changes things massively.

Even so, well done Brentford, a far better team than us this season, skill, pace, determination and goals. If I was a neutral, I'd much rather watch them than us these last 9 months.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Congratulations to Brentford on 21:03 - May 29 with 2432 viewspencoedjack

I’m normally pretty graceful in defeat but

I hope Brentford get shoed every game in the coming season

Now on par with the Basseys with fans with a sense of entitlement
[Post edited 29 May 2021 22:32]
Congratulations to Brentford on 21:05 - May 29 with 2424 viewsDr_Winston

Congratulations to Brentford on 21:02 - May 29 by Catullus

I think they do deserve a good bit of praise actually. Some of their fans seem to have become big time charlies but they'll learn, the EPL can be a very poisonous chalice. Drink from it, drink deep and enjoy the good times (if they come and if they last longer than 2/3 seasons) because relegation changes things massively.

Even so, well done Brentford, a far better team than us this season, skill, pace, determination and goals. If I was a neutral, I'd much rather watch them than us these last 9 months.

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if they survive next season in the Prem.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Congratulations to Brentford on 21:06 - May 29 with 2415 viewsKilkennyjack

It hurts, but congratulations to Brentford ... 😥

Beware of the Risen People

Congratulations to Brentford on 21:30 - May 29 with 2371 viewsTenbySwan

Brentford ffs.

I remember them coming to the vetch in Toshack's reign for a midweek match under lights and they brought TWO fans.

And they looked like two geeks on a train spotting excursion who sat down all through the game in the old double decker stand!

Excuse the pun but they now think they are the bee's knees ffs.
No history, no class and no chance
[Post edited 29 May 2021 21:32]
Congratulations to Brentford on 22:02 - May 29 with 2302 viewsBadlands

I thought Brentford were slime.
Shocking behaviour and Kavanagh bought it hook line and sinker.
Had we behaved like that i would have been embarrassed.
A word of praise for Siân Massey- Ellis, who didn’t have much to do but on two occasions when Brentford players tried to get in her face she stood her ground and them a bollocking.
Conspiracy theory, we were never going to win ...
Kavanagh
Ground staff at half time working on the pitch where our subs were practicing and got into arguments with them.
[Post edited 29 May 2021 22:12]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Congratulations to Brentford on 22:09 - May 29 with 2279 viewsCatullus

Congratulations to Brentford on 21:05 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

I wouldn't be remotely surprised if they survive next season in the Prem.

It's entirely possible but they'll still be in for a shock I reckon. First of all when they try to sign players they'll notice the transfer fees asked have risen purely because they are EPL. Then they'll notice those players also want higher wages. Then what do they do when big clubs come knocking for players? Will Tony, Mbeumo etc show real loyalty and stay or will they leave for a bigger club that doubles their wages?

We've been there, seen it and know the truth about the EPL. We know what it does to it's less well off members. Being a well run club in the championship is fine and it can work but take the next step up and it gets a lot harder on AND off the pitch.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Congratulations to Brentford on 22:14 - May 29 with 2250 viewsDr_Winston

Congratulations to Brentford on 22:09 - May 29 by Catullus

It's entirely possible but they'll still be in for a shock I reckon. First of all when they try to sign players they'll notice the transfer fees asked have risen purely because they are EPL. Then they'll notice those players also want higher wages. Then what do they do when big clubs come knocking for players? Will Tony, Mbeumo etc show real loyalty and stay or will they leave for a bigger club that doubles their wages?

We've been there, seen it and know the truth about the EPL. We know what it does to it's less well off members. Being a well run club in the championship is fine and it can work but take the next step up and it gets a lot harder on AND off the pitch.

It took us three seasons before the lustre started wearing off.

Congratulations to Brentford on 22:23 - May 29 with 2209 viewsmax936

We got closer than you and your classless tospots got though. gloat all you like, we're still the best team in Wales, in which your joking team aspire to be.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Congratulations to Brentford on 22:27 - May 29 with 2188 viewsjeza739

Congratulations to Brentford on 21:03 - May 29 by pencoedjack

I’m normally pretty graceful in defeat but

I hope Brentford get shoed every game in the coming season

Now on par with the Basseys with fans with a sense of entitlement
[Post edited 29 May 2021 22:32]

I don't know about the fans, it's their manager and players behaviour (play acting,diving) I find most offensive.
Got 3 teams to support in PL next season, whoever is playing the 2 Manchester clubs which is a given, plus whoever is playing Brentford.
Congratulations to Brentford on 22:30 - May 29 with 2174 viewsCatullus

Congratulations to Brentford on 22:23 - May 29 by max936

We got closer than you and your classless tospots got though. gloat all you like, we're still the best team in Wales, in which your joking team aspire to be.

We have been rubbish for fully 4 months and we still finished 4 places above them, what have they got to gloat about?

Congratulations to Brentford on 22:34 - May 29 with 2151 viewsmax936

Congratulations to Brentford on 22:30 - May 29 by Catullus

We have been rubbish for fully 4 months and we still finished 4 places above them, what have they got to gloat about?

Joke team joke shithouse fans and an owner who wears funny trousers

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Congratulations to Brentford on 22:35 - May 29 with 2148 viewsjohnlangy

All I know is, they were excellent, we were crap, they deserved the win, we deserved nothing.
Congratulations to Brentford on 23:33 - May 29 with 2057 viewsKeithHaynes

Congratulations to Brentford on 22:34 - May 29 by max936

Joke team joke shithouse fans and an owner who wears funny trousers

We all know Cardiff are an appalling side with little or no relevancy in any conversation with a team who has spent seven years in the premier league. Pointless, call in rentakill.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Congratulations to Brentford on 23:48 - May 29 with 2041 viewsbuilthjack

They have a lot of players who go down as if they have been shot.
Obviously instructed to do that by Dumbo.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Congratulations to Brentford on 23:55 - May 29 with 2018 viewsDr_Parnassus

Congratulations to Brentford on 20:04 - May 29 by Dr_Winston

Correct.

Sadly we have not been able to compete with that because of the 7 year legacy mill stone hanging around our necks. They had a clean slate to build from, which is why they were able to sell the likes of Watkins and spend millions on Toney.

We are still in the phase of selling the likes of Rodon and needing to put it aside for salaries and costs acquired in recent PL seasons. Hence why we go to the bargain basement to sign players.

Over the course of the season, it will show. And it did in the end.

We simply were not good enough, expectedly so. We won’t be good enough for quite some time either, the rebuilding road hasn’t even properly began yet. Brentford are maybe a decade ahead of us in the cycle, maybe more.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Congratulations to Brentford on 07:33 - May 30 with 1888 viewsSTID2017

Congratulations to Brentford on 23:48 - May 29 by builthjack

They have a lot of players who go down as if they have been shot.
Obviously instructed to do that by Dumbo.

My thoughts exactly Ken.
I wish them nothing but hammering every week and swift return to the Championship

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024