Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way 12:35 - Jun 24 with 6922 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55216/fulham-fans-think-

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:02 - Jun 26 with 994 viewsWhiterockin

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 11:48 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

That's because they had stronger sides, with our key player we were only expected to challenge for a play-off place and no more. It's nonsense to suggest our season was not successful because we did not achieve what nobody epected us to.

All the teams who were promoted were among the favourites, we were 9th favourites.

Absolutely nobody expected promotion this season or last and they are lying if they say they did, be that management, players, owners or fans. What we achieved this season and last was excellent and something nobody else has managed in our history other than Brendan Rodgers.

Sousa, Martinez and Potter all failed to do what Cooper did and all had better squads.

Before the season started you said we had more chance of relegation than having a decent season btw, not sure if you remember that. Many said similar.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 11:59]

Before the season started you said we had more chance of relegation than having a decent season btw, not sure if you remember that. Many said similar.

Think you have mistaken me for someone else there.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:06 - Jun 26 with 967 viewsDr_Parnassus

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:02 - Jun 26 by Whiterockin

Think you have mistaken me for someone else there.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:15 - Jun 26 with 943 viewsWhiterockin

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:06 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

What was it in reply to.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:16 - Jun 26 with 931 viewsDr_Parnassus

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:15 - Jun 26 by Whiterockin

What was it in reply to.

Keeping Cooper this season.

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:45 - Jun 26 with 890 viewsWhiterockin

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:16 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Keeping Cooper this season.

The discussion was about persevering Cooper and building a team worth watching.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/260394

I maintain now as I did then Cooper could not build a team worth watching, its just not in him to play attractive football worth watching and if he tried we would be relegated. We were expansive and got lucky wins we then went downhill.

You are keen for Cooper to stay, I would prefer him to go. I would prefer mid table playing football worth watching than a play off again and crap football. Just my opinion, you are entitled to yours.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:49 - Jun 26 with 866 viewsDr_Parnassus

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:45 - Jun 26 by Whiterockin

I maintain now as I did then Cooper could not build a team worth watching, its just not in him to play attractive football worth watching and if he tried we would be relegated. We were expansive and got lucky wins we then went downhill.

You are keen for Cooper to stay, I would prefer him to go. I would prefer mid table playing football worth watching than a play off again and crap football. Just my opinion, you are entitled to yours.

You don't think our side that finished 4th, joint record points tally in our Championship history and play-off finalists were worth watching?

I don't mind anyone who wishes a change of manager, but its the alternative facts and revisionism I don't like. Those that suddenly claim not achieving promotion was some sort of failure when they said nothing of the sort before the season regarding those expectations, usually the opposite.

As for being keen for Cooper to stay, my opinion is simple. If there is someone who has a better record and more chance for success than Cooper, then let's make a change. But I am yet to hear a name.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 12:51]

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:51 - Jun 26 with 863 viewsWhiterockin

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:49 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

You don't think our side that finished 4th, joint record points tally in our Championship history and play-off finalists were worth watching?

I don't mind anyone who wishes a change of manager, but its the alternative facts and revisionism I don't like. Those that suddenly claim not achieving promotion was some sort of failure when they said nothing of the sort before the season regarding those expectations, usually the opposite.

As for being keen for Cooper to stay, my opinion is simple. If there is someone who has a better record and more chance for success than Cooper, then let's make a change. But I am yet to hear a name.

No
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:53 - Jun 26 with 845 viewsDr_Parnassus

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:51 - Jun 26 by Whiterockin

No

Wow

I suppose it explains why I was often with only 10% of the current Liberty attendances in the lower leagues.

All Swansea sides are worth watching, even more so when we are one of the better sides in the league. It hasn't often been the case throughout history, we are very much in a privileged era.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 12:56]

Login to get fewer ads

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:03 - Jun 26 with 819 viewsWhiterockin

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:53 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Wow

I suppose it explains why I was often with only 10% of the current Liberty attendances in the lower leagues.

All Swansea sides are worth watching, even more so when we are one of the better sides in the league. It hasn't often been the case throughout history, we are very much in a privileged era.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 12:56]

Look I've been watching the Swans for over 50 years and will obviously watch and support them next season, as always, but the football is dire. I would prefer Cooper to leave and get someone else in because, I would prefer to watch attractive football with excitement.

You have your opinion I have mine, it's just that we have a different view on what we want. You are happy with relative success, I go to football to be with my mates and enjoy a game with excitement. I'm not knocking you for your opinion, just putting my point forward.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:05 - Jun 26 with 811 viewsjasper_T

Sounds like Fulham have shot themselves in the foot trying to drive down our asking price after everything else was sorted on Thursday, now Cooper's gone back to talks with Palace. Just like Leeds, chancers trying to save a few quid after a deal was done.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:07 - Jun 26 with 799 viewsWhiterockin

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:05 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

Sounds like Fulham have shot themselves in the foot trying to drive down our asking price after everything else was sorted on Thursday, now Cooper's gone back to talks with Palace. Just like Leeds, chancers trying to save a few quid after a deal was done.

Where ever he is going, I would just like him gone now.

If he does go to Palace he will always be known as 4th/5th/6th choice and he is that for a reason.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:28 - Jun 26 with 757 viewsDr_Parnassus

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:07 - Jun 26 by Whiterockin

Where ever he is going, I would just like him gone now.

If he does go to Palace he will always be known as 4th/5th/6th choice and he is that for a reason.

3rd choice wasn't it?

Nuno, Favre and then Cooper. One who is overwhelming favourite to replace Mourinho at Spurs the other who last managed Dortmund, hardly something to be down in the dumps over.

He is in fine company with that lot, and only 2 seasons of club football under his belt. It's extremely impressive to be considered in the same sort of bracket as those two by a Premier League club.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2021 18:00]

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:40 - Jun 26 with 741 viewsCatullus

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:49 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

We don't have to have someone with a better record though. Look at some our best appointments in the last 20 years and what their records were. Martinez, Rodgers, just for 2 names. We took a chance and it paid off handsomely. It's not like Cooper had a senior record, he just gave a rockstar interview.

Haven't we at least learned that the right person is what is important, having a good record is less so.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:43 - Jun 26 with 736 viewsDr_Parnassus

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:40 - Jun 26 by Catullus

We don't have to have someone with a better record though. Look at some our best appointments in the last 20 years and what their records were. Martinez, Rodgers, just for 2 names. We took a chance and it paid off handsomely. It's not like Cooper had a senior record, he just gave a rockstar interview.

Haven't we at least learned that the right person is what is important, having a good record is less so.

But they were forced changes, we were then in a position to take a risk.

We now have a proven manager that can operate within our limited budgets and achieve a play-off place. It would be nonsensical to get rid and appoint someone with no discernable record.

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:57 - Jun 26 with 710 viewsdobjack2

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 13:43 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

But they were forced changes, we were then in a position to take a risk.

We now have a proven manager that can operate within our limited budgets and achieve a play-off place. It would be nonsensical to get rid and appoint someone with no discernable record.

This looks like a forced change as everything points to Cooper being interested in leaving.
Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 15:38 - Jun 26 with 570 viewsTreforys_Jack

Fulham fans think Steve Cooper is on his way on 12:45 - Jun 26 by Whiterockin

This
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024