Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Living in North London 10:29 - Aug 5 with 8321 viewshorshamHoop

Could do with some advice please as my daughter (24 years old) is moving to London as has a job in the city (Old Street) plus the occasional visit to Head office in Hatfield

Her company have advised Finsbury Park or Harringay

I moved away from London a long time ago and am sure some on here will know the area pretty well.

Just wants to steer her clear of any particularly unsafe areas (I know that may be a tall order in London) and maybe give her some suitable ideas?
Living in North London on 18:06 - Aug 7 with 573 viewsRahere

Living in North London on 10:18 - Aug 7 by Konk

Okay, so there are seventy poisonous snakes on the loose, but you know, unfortunately you’ll find dozens of poisonous snakes gone rogue, anywhere in inner-city London…

I was up Regents Park way recently, and they’ve got lions, tigers, hippos and all sorts of shi t over there, so Finsbury Park isn’t even the most dangerous park in North London.

Turns out it was a hoax.
We're a decade down from the 2011 riots, which started when a young black lad didn't survive an encounter with the Police in Tottenham, a couple of miles to the east. The area between Manor House and Seven Sisters running north is clocking up one serious incident every two days at the moment, as there's been a postcode war going on between Tottenham and Edmonton for at least two years. Drill baiting etc. It's quite possible the snakes hoax was a wind-up, as a police presence is definitely thin on the ground: the only ones I know of in the park are twined around ladders in the kids playground. Two nicks watch the hotspots I just mentioned, then Islington to the south, and Colindale/Hendon to the west - which leaves us up at Cockfosters rather exposed, help's at least half an hour away, by which time the proximity of the M25 means the offenders can be almost anywhere. The good flipside is that we don't generate much business for them, obviously, which goes with the comments on Oakleigh Park etc.
In transport terms, most dislike the centre of town, the major hub's Highbury and Islington where the North London Overground connects to the Piccadilly and Victoria Underground, at the middle of a middle circle five miles out from the centre, with an extension to Stratford, the main rail hub to the East, and terminating in both directions at Clapham, to the South and South West. An interchange at New Cross to the South East is also doable. Services to the North East through Finsbury Park are doable, leaving just the Northwest, which are likely to pick up if the Wormwood Scrubs hub ever gets delivered.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024