Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester at home on a Friday night in the 80s 15:55 - Aug 27 with 2128 viewsmodelboydave

I know that back in the day Colchester used to play at home on a Friday night. However, i have a vague memory of playing Colchester at home on a Friday night in the late 1980s.

The reason I remember this was that I got a free ticket. From memory the club came to my school, St Wilfrid’s and handed out free tickets. I remember standing behind the goal in the Pearl Street end, which was a rarity as normally away fans congregated here.

From memory we drew 1-1. I would guess the only other time we have played Colchester at home on a Friday night.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Colchester at home on a Friday night in the 80s on 16:18 - Aug 27 with 2088 viewsTVOS1907

It might be mentioned in tonight's TVOS... Friday 16th December 1988.

We also played them at home on Friday 11th March 1966.

Meanwhile, Dale played at Layer Road EIGHT times on Friday nights.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 16:51]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Colchester at home on a Friday night in the 80s on 16:40 - Aug 27 with 2050 viewsEllDale

I seem to remember it being a drab draw?
Went in the Dale Bar and the Colchester players came in and bought some crates of beer for the coach ride home!
Colchester at home on a Friday night in the 80s on 20:38 - Aug 27 with 1866 viewsmodelboydave

Colchester at home on a Friday night in the 80s on 16:18 - Aug 27 by TVOS1907

It might be mentioned in tonight's TVOS... Friday 16th December 1988.

We also played them at home on Friday 11th March 1966.

Meanwhile, Dale played at Layer Road EIGHT times on Friday nights.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2021 16:51]

Yes 1988 would have been the game. I seem to remember the away fans were put in the old main stand.

Think I managed one of the away Colchester games.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024