Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley 10:45 - Aug 30 with 9596 viewsGeoffThom

Burnley in talks

This post has been edited by an administrator
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:22 - Aug 31 with 1220 viewsjasper_T

Bit worrying that we have all our right wingback eggs in the Laird basket now, given his injury record.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:23 - Aug 31 with 1213 viewslondonlisa2001

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:20 - Aug 31 by Dr_Parnassus

All were widely reported, I have no real reason not to take them into my consideration when comparing.

I don’t see any realistic deviations from those figures to make me change my mind that selling Roberts for £2.6m is one of the worst sales we have done in recent memory. Possibly since I supported the Swans in the early 90’s.

Other one that sticks out was Stuart Roberts, but considering he did nothing of note since he left us I have since walked back that view.

It genuinely doesn’t matter how many links you put up (they will all come from the same underlying report). The figures aren’t correct. Some by quite some way.

It’s the same with players wages - often reports on them are absolutely miles out from the reality.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:24 - Aug 31 with 1200 viewsvetchonian

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:22 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

Bit worrying that we have all our right wingback eggs in the Laird basket now, given his injury record.

I suspect there is a master plan

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:25 - Aug 31 with 1193 viewsjasper_T

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:24 - Aug 31 by vetchonian

I suspect there is a master plan

Does it involve more central midfielders?
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:28 - Aug 31 with 1172 viewsvetchonian

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:25 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

Does it involve more central midfielders?

it probably does as we seem to be light there
maybe then they can all stand in a circle and pass the ball around to each other

In all my days supporting the Swnas I cannot recall a transfer deadline day like this ....not even when Sharpe junior forgot to leave the fax on!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:29 - Aug 31 with 1168 viewsDr_Parnassus

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:23 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

It genuinely doesn’t matter how many links you put up (they will all come from the same underlying report). The figures aren’t correct. Some by quite some way.

It’s the same with players wages - often reports on them are absolutely miles out from the reality.

I can only say I disagree then.

I know a few professional players very well and they tell me that their salaries are pretty much spot on with what is reported on the various sites that collate the data. Except they don’t take into consideration their performance bonuses.

As for transfer fees, I can only go with what is reported. Feel free to tell us how much you think they all went for and I can reassess.

But they would have to all be significantly less than what they are reported as before I change my opinion, and I mean significantly.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:30 - Aug 31 with 1164 viewslondonlisa2001

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:29 - Aug 31 by Dr_Parnassus

I can only say I disagree then.

I know a few professional players very well and they tell me that their salaries are pretty much spot on with what is reported on the various sites that collate the data. Except they don’t take into consideration their performance bonuses.

As for transfer fees, I can only go with what is reported. Feel free to tell us how much you think they all went for and I can reassess.

But they would have to all be significantly less than what they are reported as before I change my opinion, and I mean significantly.

Ok.

We’ll agree to disagree.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 17:38 - Aug 31 with 1083 viewsjackrmee

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 16:22 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

We still have Lati in that position, although I really hope we loan him out and keep Joseph. He really impressed me there against Plymouth.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 17:43 - Aug 31 with 1065 viewspencoedjack

We’ve just sold an international defender who created the 2nd most chances in the championship last season (only 30 million Buendia created more) & some fans think it’s a decent bit of business.

I totally understand he’s in the last year of his contract but it a dismal day for the Swans.

On a positive we are running out of any saleable assets for future windows.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 17:45 - Aug 31 with 1058 viewsjackrmee

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 17:43 - Aug 31 by pencoedjack

We’ve just sold an international defender who created the 2nd most chances in the championship last season (only 30 million Buendia created more) & some fans think it’s a decent bit of business.

I totally understand he’s in the last year of his contract but it a dismal day for the Swans.

We didn't really have much choice though did we?
Only other options were to keep him and lose him for free, or offer him a new contract with wages we cant afford.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 17:50 - Aug 31 with 1049 viewspencoedjack

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 17:45 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

We didn't really have much choice though did we?
Only other options were to keep him and lose him for free, or offer him a new contract with wages we cant afford.

If ever you fancy a game of poker let me know
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 17:50 - Aug 31 with 1045 viewslondonlisa2001

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 17:43 - Aug 31 by pencoedjack

But no one has said that. I said the market can only be judged from both sides. Also that the issue we had was in not sorting contracts sooner. Once we get to this position what do we do? Lose even £2.5m plus his wages to use him as back up? Or not play the bloke we’ve just brought in on loan? We are bad at transfer business. I can’t imagine why people didn’t realise that sooner.

Buendia’s chances created weren’t generally from long throws btw…
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 18:11 - Aug 31 with 1014 viewsbuilthjack

Bargain of the 21st century at £2.5m.
If Winter had got his ass into gear in May we could have got £6m for him.
Useless he is.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 18:15 - Aug 31 with 1004 viewsjasper_T

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 17:38 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

We still have Lati in that position, although I really hope we loan him out and keep Joseph. He really impressed me there against Plymouth.

Garrick's playing right wingback for Plymouth tonight, apparently.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 18:20 - Aug 31 with 994 viewsjackrmee

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 18:15 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

Garrick's playing right wingback for Plymouth tonight, apparently.

Hmmmm, that's brilliant for us. Hopefully he has a stormer and plays there all season for them.

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 18:25 - Aug 31 with 977 viewsjasper_T

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 18:20 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Hmmmm, that's brilliant for us. Hopefully he has a stormer and plays there all season for them.

I might watch it but £10 is a bit steep for a reserves competition game, even if it would distract from the transfer nonsense.

Cooper vs Garrick, live at Rodney Parade.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 18:56 - Aug 31 with 938 viewsjackrmee

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 18:25 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

I might watch it but £10 is a bit steep for a reserves competition game, even if it would distract from the transfer nonsense.

Cooper vs Garrick, live at Rodney Parade.

Ah yeah, I didn't realise they were playing eachother!
Maybe there is a stream somewhere

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 19:51 - Aug 31 with 898 viewsjasper_T

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 18:56 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Ah yeah, I didn't realise they were playing eachother!
Maybe there is a stream somewhere

I paid to watch it. Not a bad game.

Garrick's been very poor. Not in the game. Aaron Lewis has bullied him a bit down that side. Ollie on the other hand has been very bright, constantly harrying and moving into space to receive the ball on the turn and drive at their defence. Final ball not quite been there for County.

Timmy Abraham's far from being his brother unfortunately. Aneurin Livermore in Newport's midfield is a proper little Leon. Just 18, very impressive. Everything going through him.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 19:56 - Aug 31 with 879 viewslondonlisa2001

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 19:51 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

I paid to watch it. Not a bad game.

Garrick's been very poor. Not in the game. Aaron Lewis has bullied him a bit down that side. Ollie on the other hand has been very bright, constantly harrying and moving into space to receive the ball on the turn and drive at their defence. Final ball not quite been there for County.

Timmy Abraham's far from being his brother unfortunately. Aneurin Livermore in Newport's midfield is a proper little Leon. Just 18, very impressive. Everything going through him.

I don’t understand why we let Ollie Cooper go.

Is a Livermore any relation to Doug? Grandkid or great nephew or something?
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 20:03 - Aug 31 with 857 viewsonehunglow

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 19:56 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

I don’t understand why we let Ollie Cooper go.

Is a Livermore any relation to Doug? Grandkid or great nephew or something?

Frankly,Lisa,I have no idea as to what is happening at our club.It's probably best I don't as I would melt.
We seem rudderless,,clueless and actually plan free. Incredible insouchiance and lack of application.

Cooper has guts and will dig in.Something Grimes doesn't.

Whittaker can score

Joseph has speed,which is what we lack.

Cullen is till in situ.

Sorry but I really cannot give Russy my unfettered love and support.

He'd be mortified I know.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 20:43 - Aug 31 with 822 viewsjasper_T

Brilliant goal. Ollie assist for Newport's second goal (T. Abraham), but the pass to him from Livermore was exceptional. Never seen this kid before, he's a bit special.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 20:46 - Aug 31 with 811 viewsjackrmee

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 20:43 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

Brilliant goal. Ollie assist for Newport's second goal (T. Abraham), but the pass to him from Livermore was exceptional. Never seen this kid before, he's a bit special.

Assist on his debut. Can't argue with that.

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 20:54 - Aug 31 with 793 viewsjasper_T

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 20:46 - Aug 31 by jackrmee

Assist on his debut. Can't argue with that.

Quieter second half and looks a way short of match fitness. Very tired after the hour but still made a few good runs (incl. for the assist). Moved deeper in midfield when the new Liverpool loanee went off, from central 10 to more of an 8 in the left channel. Encouraging start, absolutely.

Garrick had one good run but otherwise... disappointing. Aaron Lewis too good for him.

Game worth a tenner? Not sure.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024