Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley 10:45 - Aug 30 with 9595 viewsGeoffThom

Burnley in talks

This post has been edited by an administrator
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:36 - Aug 31 with 1334 viewsKeithHaynes

Undisclosed fee.
But allegedly 2.65 million.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:37 - Aug 31 with 1320 viewsHeadmaster

Burnley ffs
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:38 - Aug 31 with 1303 viewsChief

I feel sick

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:39 - Aug 31 with 1270 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:36 - Aug 31 by KeithHaynes

Undisclosed fee.

The fee is disgraceful.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:41 - Aug 31 with 1239 viewslondonlisa2001

Undisclosed fee.

The reality is with these fees is it works both ways. The bottom has fallen out of the market at everything below top level.

If we only get £2.65m or whatever for Roberts and only get whatever it is for Lowe and Grimes, theoretically we also pay our less for the players that we want compared to their cost a couple of years ago.

So pointless worrying about fees. What will be the issue is who we bring in. Because two weeks ago we were saying another 2 or 3 plus replacements if any first teamers leave.

There’s a god chance of 3 or 4 first teamers leaving today, which should see 5 or 6 joining. I will believe it when I see it to be honest. Our ability to wheel and deal is not great based on previous experience. Let’s hope there are some significant irons in the fire otherwise this season will be tortuous.

Next level …
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 13:45]
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:43 - Aug 31 with 1213 viewsGeoffThom

Bloody disgraceful business 😒 we could have done way better for an established international
YANKS OUT
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:44 - Aug 31 with 1206 viewsThornburyswan

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:38 - Aug 31 by Chief

I feel sick

Me too - J was ok with Grimes & Lowe going (if they do of course) but far less so with ‘one of our own’.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:44 - Aug 31 with 1198 viewslondonlisa2001

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:39 - Aug 31 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

The fee is disgraceful.

The issue isn’t the fee, the issue is not getting players on longer contracts. Once that happens we are in a position of weakness,

All fees are relative to the market though.

Until we bring in players we don’t know whether the relative figure is reasonable or not.

The danger is we don’t seem very adept at this sort of stuff. Largely as we have too much influence from people that don’t seem to understand football.

Edited to add: salaries come in to it as well of course. Gets rid of one of the top earners at the club.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 13:48]
Login to get fewer ads

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:45 - Aug 31 with 1180 viewsDr_Parnassus

Undisclosed fee.

Utterly, utterly horrific.

No wonder it’s “undisclosed”.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:46 - Aug 31 with 1182 viewsJackDragon

The fee may not be great but Clubs were hardly banging down our door to sign him. Good luck CR. You will be missed. STID
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:51 - Aug 31 with 1112 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:44 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

The issue isn’t the fee, the issue is not getting players on longer contracts. Once that happens we are in a position of weakness,

All fees are relative to the market though.

Until we bring in players we don’t know whether the relative figure is reasonable or not.

The danger is we don’t seem very adept at this sort of stuff. Largely as we have too much influence from people that don’t seem to understand football.

Edited to add: salaries come in to it as well of course. Gets rid of one of the top earners at the club.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 13:48]

For all we know Roberts may have had his heart on leaving and refused a new contract. We must move on .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:53 - Aug 31 with 1099 viewsjasper_T

Gutted.
Roberts on 13:57 - Aug 31 with 1069 viewsvetchonian

Roberts on 10:13 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

How’s steve doing these days btw? Such a fine and talented footballing tactician. Still avoiding defeat in football matches? I heard its football thats now avoiding him .

Cooper avoided defeat as Martin avoids winning

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:58 - Aug 31 with 1061 viewsjackrmee

It will be more of a shame if he doesn't get in their team. Charlie Taylor seems pretty nailed down in that spot.
The Cornet signing on the other wing makes me think that Dyche is looking at a change of tactics, with more forward thinking fullbacks. Hopefully thats the case.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:59 - Aug 31 with 1059 viewslondonlisa2001

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:51 - Aug 31 by Brynmill_Jack

For all we know Roberts may have had his heart on leaving and refused a new contract. We must move on .

Don’t think that’s what has happened to be honest.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:00 - Aug 31 with 1053 viewsTenbySwan

Very Very disappointed.

Yanks and Winter OUT
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:15 - Aug 31 with 995 viewsjack_lord

This is the one I am most gutted about. If a Swansea through and through leaves I am always disappointed but he was the engine of the team who gave 100 per cent. At the same time I dont begrudhe him earning more than that clown Clucarse. Its insulting comparing the transfer fees but that is the market.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:17 - Aug 31 with 976 viewsjasper_T

A team of Connor Roberts or one Dan James?
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:32 - Aug 31 with 912 viewsReslovenSwan1

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:17 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

Do not forget the add ons. Probably another £1m or so floating around. Roberts got crocked chasing another wayward pass from Morrell for Wales. Generally a very fit lad.

Swansea have an academy and believe in it. If two or three come through then to or three need for be shown the exit gate. Premier league loans allow them time to develop and the recruitment team time to find a quality replacement younger and cheaper.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:34 - Aug 31 with 904 viewsmajorraglan

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:32 - Aug 31 by ReslovenSwan1

Do not forget the add ons. Probably another £1m or so floating around. Roberts got crocked chasing another wayward pass from Morrell for Wales. Generally a very fit lad.

Swansea have an academy and believe in it. If two or three come through then to or three need for be shown the exit gate. Premier league loans allow them time to develop and the recruitment team time to find a quality replacement younger and cheaper.

The current academy is nowhere near what it previously was, the downgrade means that the big teams can just come in and snaffle the best talent and there’s not a lot the club can do about it.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:39 - Aug 31 with 883 viewsjasper_T

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:34 - Aug 31 by majorraglan

The current academy is nowhere near what it previously was, the downgrade means that the big teams can just come in and snaffle the best talent and there’s not a lot the club can do about it.

Haven't heard of any players being poached yet. Connor and Rodon wren't poached as nippers either. It's an overblown concern, Emyr Huws the highest profile player we saw disappear that I can remember.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:46 - Aug 31 with 855 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:17 - Aug 31 by jasper_T

Connor Roberts is a better footballer than Dan James. By quite some distance, too.

This is a steal for Burnley. They should be over the moon. Connor has improved tremendously since his disastrous Premier League debut against Newcastle.

Blackburn received £16m+ for Armstrong.

Sam Surridge went for £2.6m.

Danjuma for £21m.

Kamara for £3m.

Olise for £8.3m.

Ramsdale for £25m.

Pereira went for £16.2m.

Burnley signed Nathan Collins for £12.5m.

To attribute this to "the bottom falling out of transfers in The Championship" is nonsense. It's mismanagement from whoever is in charge of shopping our players around once we know they intend to run their contract down to 1 year or less.

I'm staggered he has gone for so little. Why were we not inviting bids months ago if we intended to sell him?

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:46 - Aug 31 with 852 viewspencoedjack

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 13:41 - Aug 31 by londonlisa2001

The reality is with these fees is it works both ways. The bottom has fallen out of the market at everything below top level.

If we only get £2.65m or whatever for Roberts and only get whatever it is for Lowe and Grimes, theoretically we also pay our less for the players that we want compared to their cost a couple of years ago.

So pointless worrying about fees. What will be the issue is who we bring in. Because two weeks ago we were saying another 2 or 3 plus replacements if any first teamers leave.

There’s a god chance of 3 or 4 first teamers leaving today, which should see 5 or 6 joining. I will believe it when I see it to be honest. Our ability to wheel and deal is not great based on previous experience. Let’s hope there are some significant irons in the fire otherwise this season will be tortuous.

Next level …
[Post edited 31 Aug 2021 13:45]

Blackburn just received 25 million for a player who has had 1 decent season in the championship.

Connor being sold for less than 3 million is a travesty end of.
Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:48 - Aug 31 with 835 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:46 - Aug 31 by pencoedjack

Blackburn just received 25 million for a player who has had 1 decent season in the championship.

Absolutely. I listed other transfers out of The Championship as well. What an awful, nonsensical excuse. I agree the limited time on his contract played a part however.

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:53 - Aug 31 with 802 viewsmax936

Connor Roberts signs for Burnley on 14:46 - Aug 31 by pencoedjack

Screams of a desperation sale, Jenkins said that this lot had the wherewithal to sustain us in these situations, have they feck.
Martin will do well to keep us up at this rate. 14 goals gone out of the side a provider and scorer gone, who else, it’s gone quiet on the grimes front🤷‍♂️

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024