Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Henderson 22:59 - Jan 2 with 6903 viewsShun

Reading RAFCBLUE’s post on another thread got me thinking about the circumstances around Henderson’s departure from the club. His parting words were:

"To find out my 7 1/2 year association with AFC Rochdale was coming to an end via social media was a shock to say the least.

“I only received an email yesterday morning confirming that the offer the club had previously made to extend my contract was being retracted and I was therefore being released.

“I am not just shocked but unbelievably upset and disappointed to have found this out in this manner.

“It was always my intention to try and stay at Rochdale and make it to my testimonial year and try and become the all time top scorer of the football club.

“I had been in negotiations with the football club, for some time, regarding an extension prior to the covid-19 pandemic but if I am honest the lines of communication were extremely inconsistent to say the least.

“I was not trying to ask for more money than what the club was offering and we ended up at a stand-off over some minor details. The negotiations became protracted and it became clear I was not being told the full truth."

________

How are people feeling about this now? I do wonder if more shit from underneath Bottomley’s carpet has been found that would substantiate Henderson’s version. If I recall rightly at the time people believed Henderson, then Bottomley released a statement that seemed to tip the balance in his favour. Obviously, much has happened since then to demonstrate how we should treat Bottomley’s words.

Reading Henderson’s statement, it does seem like he had a genuine desire to stay here and that an agreement could have been reached. Can anyone shed any more light?
Henderson on 21:57 - Jan 3 with 1424 viewsShun

Henderson on 13:30 - Jan 3 by MoonyDale

Yes.....

Just absolutely obscene. How he got away with this for so long is sickening.
Henderson on 00:32 - Jan 4 with 1186 viewsSandyman

Henderson on 21:57 - Jan 3 by Shun

Just absolutely obscene. How he got away with this for so long is sickening.

Spot on Shun. But RAFC has learned the lesson. We were conned and done over, but we survived and it won't be happening again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024