Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done Australia 21:47 - Jan 5 with 41768 viewsDWQPR

Cancelling the visa for the arrogant anti-Vaxer Djorkovic. Never liked the bloke. Let’s hope other countries follow suit.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Well Done Australia on 13:04 - Jan 11 with 2652 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia on 07:29 - Jan 8 by traininvain

I’m curious what the anti vaxxers on this thread think of this type of behaviour.

Dunno if I'm the anti vaxxer opinion you're looking for, but since no one else is picking up on it you have got to ask, how did these goons get this far in to this without any security stopping them?

Trust CEO offices are not well advertised and generally separate from other admin functions. They're up with the pharmacy as one of the most secure and inaccessible parts of a hospital. They also have secure doors that a tiny select group of staff will have permission to access.

Then you gotta bear in mind that people with bad intentions walk in to hospitals all the time. About a third of fires in hospitals are caused by members of the public walking on to the site and deliberately starting them. There are protests all the time about patient care. Sometimes members of the public will even come in to try and physically attack staff or patients. So they have 24/7 security teams. Usually stunts like this get no further than the receptionist on the main entrance because 1) it's very visible to the public so gets attention and 2) Hospitals are big places and tricky to find your way around at the best of times 3) All seems a bit pointless doing it in some back office somewhere

So yeh, I dunno, has a whiff of fake news about it if you ask me, or some insider information has enabled this stunt. Remember this is happening in an environment where people are being threatened with losing their job for being unvaccinated. This is in the process of being backed up by the law. So I reckon this stunt, however it came about, is a symptom of the mental instability people are suffering as a result of the government trying to force a vaccine on everyone, that at best, seems sort of effective, and sort of safe, for some people, mostly the vulnerable which most unvaccinated people aren't, against some variants, but maybe not the ones that haven't come out yet, and you only get to be exempt if you suffered immediate death as a side-effect of the first jab.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Well Done Australia on 13:13 - Jan 11 with 2664 viewsJuzzie

Well Done Australia on 20:07 - Jan 10 by The_Beast1976

"Seems like this is now becoming more about Australia's own politics than covid itself" - it always has been

Not really.

It started off very much primarily about covid and has evolved into questions about Australia's internal policy/governance coupled with the possibility Novak may have known he had it on December 16th yet made public appearances the next day and also went to Spain a couple of weeks later which wasn't disclosed on his forms (whether he had covid or not). Incorrect information on the forms is a serious offence.

He only got the Court ruling in his favour because the border officials had not given him the agreed time to clarify things, not because he hadn't done anything wrong (a bit like JT getting a verdict of not guilty.... not because he didn't do it but because it could not be proven he did).

Whatever the outcome, the family will milk this to death.

If he does get made to leave, they will kick up an almighty fuss and make him out to be some kind of persecuted person. We will never hear the end of it.

If he ends up participating and goes out earlier than would be expected they will kick up an almighty fuss saying it caused him distress and distractions, lack of training etc and they prevented him from achieving, for now, his ambition of a record 21st Grand Slam title. We will never hear the end of it.

If he does win it, they will portray him as the messiah who won under huge duress and persecution etc. We will never hear the end of it.
Well Done Australia on 13:42 - Jan 11 with 2602 viewsBasingstokeR

Think it's reasonably clear now from info, docs and photos I've seen from (some of what I'd consider reputable) journalists to see that he's either;

Faked a positive PCR test as a route into Australia to compete

Or

Really got Covid but not followed any isolation rules after the positive test and been out and about - potentially spreading it to unknowing govt officials, kids and journalists/media at public events in the days after the test.

Comes off a bit like our current govt - as a 'rules are for other people' scenario.

Ross Atkins video decent summary
Well Done Australia on 14:26 - Jan 11 with 2488 viewsSonofpugwash

Since most on here seem to be vehemently opposed,sometimes over aggressively to anyone who has not been jabbed,I wonder what words and advice you could impart to my niece.
She suffers from Antiphosphorlipid Syndrome which makes a sufferer extremely prone to blood clotting and the side effects of any vaccine makes it highly likely she would die from it.
Would you like to tell her that she,like many others who potentially would succumb to the vaccine through underlying conditions,are being "selfish"?
I shall pass on your thoughts.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Well Done Australia on 14:39 - Jan 11 with 2464 viewsdenhamhoop2

Djokovic has followed the protocol issued to him by the Australian Tennis Federation but weirdly seems to have ignored any such protocols by Serbian authorities and as for the form being filled in by someone else it's a bit like "Did you pack this suitcase yourself" If the reply is No expect to see officials lubing up their fingers
Well Done Australia on 14:58 - Jan 11 with 2413 viewsBklynRanger

Well Done Australia on 14:26 - Jan 11 by Sonofpugwash

Since most on here seem to be vehemently opposed,sometimes over aggressively to anyone who has not been jabbed,I wonder what words and advice you could impart to my niece.
She suffers from Antiphosphorlipid Syndrome which makes a sufferer extremely prone to blood clotting and the side effects of any vaccine makes it highly likely she would die from it.
Would you like to tell her that she,like many others who potentially would succumb to the vaccine through underlying conditions,are being "selfish"?

No I'd like to tell her, and anyone else with a similar medical exemption, that I'm sorry so many people in the anti-vax movement (or whatever we're calling it) have made it more difficult for her to be believed and accepted as someone for whom the vaccine isn't the right option. She can thank, for example, people like those cretins in that video earlier.
Well Done Australia on 15:14 - Jan 11 with 2363 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well Done Australia on 07:25 - Jan 11 by traininvain

I think you’re confusing conspiracy theory nonsense with most people wanting a return to normality which is natural after nearly two years of severe disruption to normal life.

And yes you are being incredibly selfish by refusing to test/isolate if you have Covid. Have you considered that you could infect someone vulnerable and the potential consequences if you did?

Covid is now killing far less people than flu. We don't test and isolate for that (flu). Testing and isolation will soon, I think, be a thing of the past anyway (because the Govt will dispense with it for the majority). If that is the case, would you still test yourself every day (at your own cost ) and isolate if you're positive (even if you are not unwell)? If you're not going to do the latter, then are not not just being as selfish as you allege I am being?

Anyway, our respective definitions of selfish behaviour differ because you perceive a far bigger threat to other people from covid (presumably based on what Iwould consider to be continued and unnecessary media hysteria) than I do. I no longer see covid as any more of a threat to anyone than a bad cold (and I wouldn't test myself for that, although I would stay away from people if I felt unwell). Conversely, I actually find your attitude to covid as being a bit selfish in another way because of all the damage all this testing and isolating (of people who aren't even unwell) is causing.

However, I respect your view and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, but I am wondering if your view will have changed come May or June time when, as now seems likely, there will no longer be mass testing and isolation (yet the same vulnerable people to whom you refer will still be around)
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 15:25]
Well Done Australia on 15:45 - Jan 11 with 2320 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well Done Australia on 14:58 - Jan 11 by BklynRanger

No I'd like to tell her, and anyone else with a similar medical exemption, that I'm sorry so many people in the anti-vax movement (or whatever we're calling it) have made it more difficult for her to be believed and accepted as someone for whom the vaccine isn't the right option. She can thank, for example, people like those cretins in that video earlier.

Precisely this. Well said Bklyn.

Time to leave this thread.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Well Done Australia on 16:01 - Jan 11 with 2292 viewstraininvain

Well Done Australia on 15:14 - Jan 11 by The_Beast1976

Covid is now killing far less people than flu. We don't test and isolate for that (flu). Testing and isolation will soon, I think, be a thing of the past anyway (because the Govt will dispense with it for the majority). If that is the case, would you still test yourself every day (at your own cost ) and isolate if you're positive (even if you are not unwell)? If you're not going to do the latter, then are not not just being as selfish as you allege I am being?

Anyway, our respective definitions of selfish behaviour differ because you perceive a far bigger threat to other people from covid (presumably based on what Iwould consider to be continued and unnecessary media hysteria) than I do. I no longer see covid as any more of a threat to anyone than a bad cold (and I wouldn't test myself for that, although I would stay away from people if I felt unwell). Conversely, I actually find your attitude to covid as being a bit selfish in another way because of all the damage all this testing and isolating (of people who aren't even unwell) is causing.

However, I respect your view and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, but I am wondering if your view will have changed come May or June time when, as now seems likely, there will no longer be mass testing and isolation (yet the same vulnerable people to whom you refer will still be around)
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 15:25]

The simple fact of the matter is that we are currently required to isolate if we have Covid to stop the spread of a virus that is more deadly than the flu and ultimately protect the vulnerable in society. If you choose to ignore this then yes imo you are being incredibly selfish.

I don’t need a lecture on the wider impact of Covid. I work in the hospitality sector which has been decimated by Covid restrictions. But I still do my bit to try and stop the spread to protect others who are more susceptible to the virus. Personally, I think you’d need to be a bit of a sociopath to feel comfortable walking amongst the elderly and vulnerable while you have Covid.

Obviously if there is no need for isolation in future then that would be fantastic news but evidently this is not where we are at the moment so your last paragraph is irrelevant.
Well Done Australia on 17:47 - Jan 11 with 2139 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia on 14:58 - Jan 11 by BklynRanger

Considering the procedure for medical exemptions is yet to be confirmed, how is anyone supposed to know who is legitimately exempt and who isn't?

This seems to be part of the problem. Everyone everywhere acknowledges Medical exemptions are a thing, but have you tried to get a formal medical exemption from vaccination? It's impossible. Currently the only route to exemption that I'm aware of is to have suffered myocarditis as a result of the first jab. Everything else is off the table, as it stands.

Hence this tennis player has just paid a private doctor to write a letter. There is no route to formal exemption.

Well Done Australia on 18:04 - Jan 11 with 2131 viewsBklynRanger

Well Done Australia on 17:47 - Jan 11 by SheffieldHoop

Considering the procedure for medical exemptions is yet to be confirmed, how is anyone supposed to know who is legitimately exempt and who isn't?

This seems to be part of the problem. Everyone everywhere acknowledges Medical exemptions are a thing, but have you tried to get a formal medical exemption from vaccination? It's impossible. Currently the only route to exemption that I'm aware of is to have suffered myocarditis as a result of the first jab. Everything else is off the table, as it stands.

Hence this tennis player has just paid a private doctor to write a letter. There is no route to formal exemption.

Absolutely - fair point. But again there's a big difference between needing or wanting to prove that exemption (even via an apparently dysfunctional or non-existent process as you say), and ranting on that you're not getting vaccinated because it violates the Nuremberg Code and your right not to be a micro-chipped sheeple.
Well Done Australia on 18:06 - Jan 11 with 2098 viewsPunteR

My advice is to ask the medical experts looking after her and not a bunch of QPR fans on a QPR message board.

Seriously mate, all this listening to random opinions on the Internet doesn't help on this matter. I personally wouldn't call her selfish if she has a medical condition and has her concerns. Best to ask her GP for advise.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 19:04]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Well Done Australia on 18:09 - Jan 11 with 2090 viewsPunteR

Well Done Australia on 17:47 - Jan 11 by SheffieldHoop

Is that because the vaccine is perfectly safe for everyone to take . ?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Well Done Australia on 18:17 - Jan 11 with 2081 viewsEastR

Well Done Australia on 15:45 - Jan 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Precisely this. Well said Bklyn.

Time to leave this thread.

wise move
I'm coming back for the 5th set (if the umpire allows)

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Well Done Australia on 21:10 - Jan 11 with 1955 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘I wonder what words and advice you could impart to my niece‘

Don’t take medical advice from any anti vax, twice banned, gun toting, pirate impersonating, Trump supporting relatives.
Well Done Australia on 23:35 - Jan 11 with 1833 viewsSydneyRs

I don't think most are "vehemently opposed" to anyone that has not been jabbed. Most accept that people have the right to choose whether or not to have the vaccine. Where many of us have a problem is that those who make that choice know there are consequences yet cry and whinge about "freedoms" when, in most cases, they have made a choice to be a higher risk to themselves and those around them and nothing is preventing them from being vaccinated and having more freedom.

You speak of aggression. Well most of this that I've seen on this subject is very much coming from the anti vax side of the fence. Violent protests etc, not seen too many of those from vaccinated groups.

The majority of intensive care covid patients here in NSW are unvaccinated, despite the unvaccinated being less than 10% of the population. It reduces the risk to yourself and others.

Genuine exemptions, such as the one you refer to, are a different story of course. However, these only apply to a very small percentage of the unvaccinated, many of whom are the type that will oppose just about anything to try and be "rebellious".

As has been said, the misinformation spouted by the anti vax fraternity makes it far more difficult for those who have genuine exemptions, as do manufactured lies by multi millionaire tennis players.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 0:19]
Well Done Australia on 00:22 - Jan 12 with 1792 viewsStainrod

Firstly I would say "I am incredibly sorry to hear that, and I hope and pray for you and your family you stay safe."

Secondly I would say "this poor girl's health should not become a political football. I think everyone from Chris Witty on down recognises that there might be people who for medical reasons can't be vaccinated." But as I understand it Jokavic objects on other grounds (libertarian? He doesn't want antibodies in his body - although he is prepared to risk the disease itself?).

Thirdly I would just point out (and totally agree with the comment about taking advice from a doctor not some random like me on the internet) but from what I have read if you are vulnerable to the vaccination then depending on your underlying condition there is also a very high probability that you will be vulnerable to the disease, and so getting it could be critical too. I very much hope that isn't the case with your poor niece, but simply highlighting that in such cases there are probably no very simple answers.

I wish her and your family well.
Well Done Australia on 11:33 - Jan 12 with 1569 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia on 18:04 - Jan 11 by BklynRanger

Absolutely - fair point. But again there's a big difference between needing or wanting to prove that exemption (even via an apparently dysfunctional or non-existent process as you say), and ranting on that you're not getting vaccinated because it violates the Nuremberg Code and your right not to be a micro-chipped sheeple.

Well mandating the vaccine is only going to push people towards conspiracist angles
Offering no realistic route to medical exemption does not help
Nor is the law which means certain people (Which happens to include Doctors and nurses who apparently got this country through the pandemic) can be fired for not being vaxxed - People who've spent the previous 24 months working on Covid ITUs, now being told to get the vaccine or get the sack. All that 8pm clapping on the doorsteps, but in the end, this is the thanks they get.

We know that some people are going to die or become disabled from vaccine side effects, people already have, it has been reported by the BBC so people must know by now, and yet we see people on here and in the media saying they need to be made mandatory for all?
This, to a lot of the unvaccinated, comes across as a bit more aggressive than some clown pretending to issue some fake legal notice to a hospital CEO in some video on twitter

Well Done Australia on 11:54 - Jan 12 with 1534 viewsBklynRanger

Well Done Australia on 11:33 - Jan 12 by SheffieldHoop

Well mandating the vaccine is only going to push people towards conspiracist angles
Offering no realistic route to medical exemption does not help
Nor is the law which means certain people (Which happens to include Doctors and nurses who apparently got this country through the pandemic) can be fired for not being vaxxed - People who've spent the previous 24 months working on Covid ITUs, now being told to get the vaccine or get the sack. All that 8pm clapping on the doorsteps, but in the end, this is the thanks they get.

We know that some people are going to die or become disabled from vaccine side effects, people already have, it has been reported by the BBC so people must know by now, and yet we see people on here and in the media saying they need to be made mandatory for all?
This, to a lot of the unvaccinated, comes across as a bit more aggressive than some clown pretending to issue some fake legal notice to a hospital CEO in some video on twitter

I'm not in favour of mandating it, in fact plenty of people aren't (I won't say 'most' - neither of us knows)

Have covered the medical exemption aspect

The idea of the clown (agreed) pretending to issue a fake legal notice is your own spin on it - I'm not inclined to trawl through that twitter feed but if you've found proof that it was all a bit of japery let us know
Well Done Australia on 12:29 - Jan 12 with 1480 viewsLazyFan

I notice how the anti-vax fans always talk about it is now no worse than flu.

I am not sure that is true after 150K people dead in the UK alone. And that's above the Flu deaths. So, it's not Flu+Covid = 150K; it's just the 150K for Covid deaths above the Flu ones.

In addition, even if you think that is an acceptable amount, this is because we have the Vacinee; otherwise, it would be way worse.

Let see what happens when we take the Vax away. Forget about ICU being overwhelmed; people will get it all at once so, that means no lorry drivers (you cannot drive even with bad flu) bringing in medical supplies and food, no transport drivers to get people around, no shops open as people are sick or caring for sick loved ones at home, no one collecting the rubbish (more disease will occur from that).

Then for ICU deaths, who is collecting the bodies? No one as they are sick. Bodies will pile up, Doctors and Nurses will be at home looking after their loved ones and just call in sick (family first).

Remember it happens all at the same time and everyone gets it as there is no Vax to reduce (not eliminate) the spreading of the Virus and its future many varients. No one will escape it unless your hiding at home, pooing in buckets and then how you will get food or earn money to live? Grow your own and rear your own cattle (but they could get Covid too).

Now let us say we all magically survive that ... somehow ... magically ...

What about the Long covid (I do notice that the anti-Vax people never mention this)? We shall have complications that will last us the rest of our lives, but with no Vax and new variants allowed to mutate in many able hosts, that at least will not belong.

It is not like flu, its a killer short and long term, it will come back again and again we have seen that with Bird-Flu.

It's a complete country disabler, avoid it, get the Vax and stop avoiding reality as your nonsense will risk costing me my life.

zzzzzzzzzz

Well Done Australia on 12:34 - Jan 12 with 1465 viewsJuzzie

Djokovic now saying the paper work was a 'mistake'. "have you travelled anywhere 14 days prior to your journey to Australia - Y/N". it's not really difficult.
Either it was deliberately selected as 'no' or the person who filled out the form wasn't told he had been to Serbia and then Spain. This is more than just a mere mistake. His name is on the form, no use trying to blame others.

Then he tweets about continuing misinformation of his activities. From what I can see the only misinformation is coming from his camp. This is on top of his brother saying yesterday that "this press conference is adjourned" when asked about the events around 16th & 17th December. Suddenly the press conference isn't to their liking. Hmmm....

edit: makes me wonder what others lies have been said and stunts pulled during his career. There is a lot of strange things going on that cannot just be a one-off. It seems symptomatic of behavioral patterns.

[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 13:09]
Well Done Australia on 12:46 - Jan 12 with 1436 viewsloftboy

Well Done Australia on 12:29 - Jan 12 by LazyFan

I notice how the anti-vax fans always talk about it is now no worse than flu.

I am not sure that is true after 150K people dead in the UK alone. And that's above the Flu deaths. So, it's not Flu+Covid = 150K; it's just the 150K for Covid deaths above the Flu ones.

In addition, even if you think that is an acceptable amount, this is because we have the Vacinee; otherwise, it would be way worse.

Let see what happens when we take the Vax away. Forget about ICU being overwhelmed; people will get it all at once so, that means no lorry drivers (you cannot drive even with bad flu) bringing in medical supplies and food, no transport drivers to get people around, no shops open as people are sick or caring for sick loved ones at home, no one collecting the rubbish (more disease will occur from that).

Then for ICU deaths, who is collecting the bodies? No one as they are sick. Bodies will pile up, Doctors and Nurses will be at home looking after their loved ones and just call in sick (family first).

Remember it happens all at the same time and everyone gets it as there is no Vax to reduce (not eliminate) the spreading of the Virus and its future many varients. No one will escape it unless your hiding at home, pooing in buckets and then how you will get food or earn money to live? Grow your own and rear your own cattle (but they could get Covid too).

Now let us say we all magically survive that ... somehow ... magically ...

What about the Long covid (I do notice that the anti-Vax people never mention this)? We shall have complications that will last us the rest of our lives, but with no Vax and new variants allowed to mutate in many able hosts, that at least will not belong.

It is not like flu, its a killer short and long term, it will come back again and again we have seen that with Bird-Flu.

It's a complete country disabler, avoid it, get the Vax and stop avoiding reality as your nonsense will risk costing me my life.

I had/have long covid, my lung Capacity for the first six months was unbelievably low, not so bad now but can’t do nearly the exercise I was doing pre-covid.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Well Done Australia on 13:19 - Jan 12 with 1385 viewsLazyFan

Well Done Australia on 12:46 - Jan 12 by loftboy

I had/have long covid, my lung Capacity for the first six months was unbelievably low, not so bad now but can’t do nearly the exercise I was doing pre-covid.

I am sorry to hear that, but the anti-Vax/Open Up fans, don't ever mention people like you who have suffered from the Long term effects.

Hopefully, remedies of proper scientific medicine origin will be researched and have high probabilities of success to remedy these after problems that can reduce your life span.

Until then we are all at risk so, stay well.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 13:21]

zzzzzzzzzz

Well Done Australia on 13:27 - Jan 12 with 1365 viewswood_hoop

A possible 5 year jail sentence ? somehow I doubt it....

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/novak-djokovic-could-face-five-111617899.html
Well Done Australia on 13:36 - Jan 12 with 1335 viewstraininvain

Well Done Australia on 12:34 - Jan 12 by Juzzie

Djokovic now saying the paper work was a 'mistake'. "have you travelled anywhere 14 days prior to your journey to Australia - Y/N". it's not really difficult.
Either it was deliberately selected as 'no' or the person who filled out the form wasn't told he had been to Serbia and then Spain. This is more than just a mere mistake. His name is on the form, no use trying to blame others.

Then he tweets about continuing misinformation of his activities. From what I can see the only misinformation is coming from his camp. This is on top of his brother saying yesterday that "this press conference is adjourned" when asked about the events around 16th & 17th December. Suddenly the press conference isn't to their liking. Hmmm....

edit: makes me wonder what others lies have been said and stunts pulled during his career. There is a lot of strange things going on that cannot just be a one-off. It seems symptomatic of behavioral patterns.

[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 13:09]

He’s also admitted doing an in person interview and photoshoot with a French publication while he (apparently) knowingly had Covid. And didn’t feel it was necessary to tell the journalist or publication that he had Covid.

I say apparently because Der Spiegel has questioned whether Djokovic actually tested positive for Covid in December: https://www.spiegel.de/international/world/novak-djokovic-were-the-results-of-hi

As we’ve seen with Boris Johnson and his lockdown party, the truth usually comes out in the end and Djokovic could be in serious bother if he’s lied to the Australian authorities.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024