Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Italy over 50s 10:02 - Jan 6 with 7024 viewsbuilthjack

It's going to be mandatory for all over 50s to be jabbed.
Some countries don't mess about.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Italy over 50s on 09:18 - Jan 7 with 606 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Italy over 50s on 09:12 - Jan 7 by 73__73

What a ridiculous comparison

How is it ridiculous vaccines save lives FACT.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Italy over 50s on 09:21 - Jan 7 with 596 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Italy over 50s on 09:13 - Jan 7 by Brynmill_Jack

I’m surprised people like him are able to switch on a light let alone post on the internet.

I think the 92% of us adults who are intelligent enough to get vaccinated will have the knowledge to workout how electricity works.

Not sure about the other 8% who think they are safer unvaccinated

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

Italy over 50s on 09:23 - Jan 7 with 596 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Italy over 50s on 09:18 - Jan 7 by felixstowe_jack

You keep repeating your little mantra - we all know the reality is not as clear cut as you’re making out. Everyone I know who has contracted Covid from places as far a field as Merthyr, Leicester, London and many more have been fully vaccinated.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Italy over 50s on 09:23 - Jan 7 with 587 views73__73

Italy over 50s on 09:13 - Jan 7 by Brynmill_Jack

I’m surprised people like him are able to switch on a light let alone post on the internet.

Unfortunately many people are now brainwashed into believing any old rubbish, and the vast majority of the rubbish is coming from governments and MSM.

Anyone who doesn’t bow down is called an antivaxer or conspiracy theorist.
I’ve had two jabs myself, not because I fear dying or catching covid, but so I can travel.
So I’m not anti vaccination, I’m just pro choice. If someone wants to get a new jab every day, then good luck to them, but also if someone doesn’t want a vaccination then that’s their choice.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Italy over 50s on 09:27 - Jan 7 with 584 views73__73

Italy over 50s on 09:21 - Jan 7 by felixstowe_jack

I think the 92% of us adults who are intelligent enough to get vaccinated will have the knowledge to workout how electricity works.

Not sure about the other 8% who think they are safer unvaccinated

👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏

More rubbish from you. I’m in that 92% but that doesn’t mean I can’t catch or pass on covid.

Italy over 50s on 09:30 - Jan 7 with 586 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Italy over 50s on 09:27 - Jan 7 by 73__73

More rubbish from you. I’m in that 92% but that doesn’t mean I can’t catch or pass on covid.

He can’t read and won’t listen. It’s pointless taking this horse to water - he’s only going to see his own reflection and bolt. The dolt.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Italy over 50s on 09:33 - Jan 7 with 577 views73__73

Italy over 50s on 09:18 - Jan 7 by felixstowe_jack

Look, if they bring out a different booster every 3 months for the next 20 years and you want to have every single one, that is your choice. Just like it should be for people to decline

Italy over 50s on 09:42 - Jan 7 with 571 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Italy over 50s on 09:27 - Jan 7 by 73__73

Of course you can still catch it and pass it on.

But you are far less likely to catch it
Far less likely to end up in hospital
Far less likely to die

Login to get fewer ads

Italy over 50s on 09:43 - Jan 7 with 569 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Italy over 50s on 09:30 - Jan 7 by Brynmill_Jack

He can’t read and won’t listen. It’s pointless taking this horse to water - he’s only going to see his own reflection and bolt. The dolt.

Are you still claiming that having the covoid vaccines does not save lives?

If so can you provide any evidence.

Italy over 50s on 09:45 - Jan 7 with 560 views73__73

Italy over 50s on 09:42 - Jan 7 by felixstowe_jack

Of course you can still catch it and pass it on.

But you are far less likely to catch it
Far less likely to end up in hospital
Far less likely to die

For you maybe, but I’m more than willing to take my chances with a virus that has survival rate of around 99.7 %

Italy over 50s on 09:48 - Jan 7 with 558 views73__73

Italy over 50s on 09:43 - Jan 7 by felixstowe_jack

Are you still claiming that having the covoid vaccines does not save lives?

If so can you provide any evidence.

Stopping eating junk food will also save lives, but don’t force people not to.

Italy over 50s on 09:57 - Jan 7 with 558 viewsProfessor

Italy over 50s on 07:39 - Jan 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Couldn’t agree more , the second paragraph should really switch a light bulb on in these peoples thick heads. I’m beginning to think that a lot on here have probably had their electric cut off though sadly.

It’s hilarious how these exact same people witter on about virtue signalling - and yet here they are practically falling over each other (some foaming at the mouth) to vilify a group of people who in a lot of cases will have already had Covid refusing to take the vaccine. “I did my bit for my country” - it’s as if morons have been in the trenches in the Somme or fought in the Battle of Britain. Those people never virtue signalled though unlike our band of punctured warriors littering these threads.

I noted your comment to Prof further down - it seems there’s a lot of scientists and GPs on here willing to pontificate on a subject they know jack sh*t about and try to belittle and bully others.

I’ve been saying for a while now the proof of the effects on immunisation are coming to light - namely there is no immunisation from Covid. Even going on the premise that the vaccines (you know the ones that if they do injure you you can’t sue anyone over) are 100% safe the mass inoculation programme has been a categorical error.

Dr Geert Vanden Bossche (a qualified virologist not a vet) for one warned against it regarding the long term effects on the populations immune systems. By all means vaccinate vulnerable people with co morbidities and the sick and very elderly but large scale mass vaccination can do a lot more harm than good to people who don’t really need it (under 50’s and especially children).

The evidence has shown Covid transmission is now far more virulent than at any time since the start of the pandemic. That’s with the vast majority of the population vaccinated. “But still it’s the unvaccinated people who are causing the problem”. What a sickening and utter lie that’s showed up to be but some still persist in peddling it (in the case of Felix and OHL’s case out of terror they might be wrong but too late to turn back now).

The argument then comes that “you’ve only had the first two jabs, you’re not fully vaccinated “. Well it was only supposed to be one! Now it’s three and guaranteed there will be a forth , a fifth, a sixth.

I hope at least some people are beginning to at least question these broken promises . Unlike the way they will not think critically over the origin of where the damn thing came from in the first place.

So were you bought or just naive enough to fall hook, line and sinker?

Let's address this absolute tirade of rubbish.

1. My opinion is not getting vaccinated is foolhardy. Those like AFD and Stump are clearly not vaccine hesitant but are actively discouraging vaccination. If you don't want to be vaccinated fine, but equally don't go moaning about 'rights'. Sometimes you give for the good of entire population, This is where people like 73 and Glossy fail to understand this is a selfish action. That's their right to do so. But reflects on them. As far as Stump and AFD they are idiots, No other word for it. Living life under constant paranoia

2. The expert. No one in science thinks Vanden Bossche is right. Seriously. Here we come to the tactic that antii-vaxxers and denialists have used. The expert. Whilst he is a vet and virologist (and one of the most arrogant people I have had the misfortune to meet earn he was a vaccine company man) he is being put forward as a leading expert. The you have the pile on of fake experts. Sikora,Heneghan, Cahill, Yeardon. None of these people should have been in the media commenting on this disease. Yet the media have allowed false equivalence is a search for 'balance' . What strikes me over the two years is that I have never heard anyone who is a coronavirus expert in the media. Plenty of good virologists/immunologists/epidemiologist who have given a range of views. I have had a good time shouting at the radio or TV when something incorrect has been said (inadevertantly). Now these are experts in the sense they know a lot more than the Average Joe or Jill. Personally I would not comment on human virology to the media as I am not the expert, but a lot more expert than many who have. I would and have commented on what I research on-avian infection and foodborne disease. I have worked on these for 23 years and would be confident to do so. So the point is you are being bullshitted by a fringe scientist and pile on of fake experts. AFD's Robert Malone is a case in point. I'll take my information from people who know, not the mainstream or social medias but people who are doing this work -my colleagues in Liverpool and experts elsewhere via scientific communication

3. No immunisation. Absolute rubbish. There is very good immunological memory, but not enough long lasting neutralising antibody to completely eliminate transmission. But more than enough to protect most people from serious disease, The vaccines are excellent against disease and mediocre against infection, but better than many expected who actually understand vaccines. Now where there is an issue are the likes of Johnson and Hancock telling everyone vaccines are the solution. They are cornerstone of disease control, but any effective programme needs many arms. These may include masks and some restrictions along with undoubted improvement in care and the roll out of therapeutics that actually work. Now if you are naive enough to believe politicians that's a different story.

4. I have not seen a post which has the first idea about how pathogens evolve, emerge and transmit. Not a clue about the sheer numbers of viruses, bacteria and fungi than exist within each and every one of us, every bird, every pig, dog, bat or tortoise. We will never know the actual origin of SARS CoV2. We can make educated guesses or we can follow an anti-Chinese agenda. As I said last year the likelihood is 90% a natural cause and perhaps 10% an accidental release. My view on that has not changed. In fact the experience of this virus shows a greater mutation rate and more rapid evolution of variants with differences in their infection biology. RNA viruses mutate about 1 in a million replication events. Viral load (number of viruses in an infection) is between 1million to 10 billion viral particles. So each infection, will lead to around 1-1 million mutation events. Most do nothing as the mutation is a disadvantage. If there is a selection pressure-drugs, immune response, transmissibility etc. then the variant emerges to become more dominant. Same principles in all pathogens, though mutation rate is usually lower than RNA viruses. It's well known coronaviruses exist in many species. They were discovered in birds and until 2 years ago we knew more about these than any other CoV. We also know Beta coronaviruses are more common in rodents and bats and the B lineage which includes both SARS and MERS also has close relatives in bats. Given how frequently they mutate a jump to another species is always a risk. In the last 30 years we have seen a few pretty serious viral infections jump from bats to humans, horses and pigs (Nippah and Hendraviruses) where habitat incursion has occurred. Bat roosts are also enormous in Asia. This is still by far more likely than any other source, though live markets are a risk (as seen with avian influenza in Asia). The only real credence to lab release is the disease was identified in Wuhan where there is a groups working in these bat viruses. Now this is the spin people selling crappy books have put on it, but when you really start to think about disease and disease ecology then you really begin to appreciate complexity in systems. It takes some time to comprehend.

Anyway nice to talk, go learn some science and keep away from the TFH Brigade
Italy over 50s on 10:04 - Jan 7 with 552 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Italy over 50s on 09:48 - Jan 7 by 73__73

Stopping eating junk food will also save lives, but don’t force people not to.

Please answer my simple question.

Does having the covoid vaccine save lives?

Italy over 50s on 10:07 - Jan 7 with 550 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Italy over 50s on 09:57 - Jan 7 by Professor

So were you bought or just naive enough to fall hook, line and sinker?

Let's address this absolute tirade of rubbish.

1. My opinion is not getting vaccinated is foolhardy. Those like AFD and Stump are clearly not vaccine hesitant but are actively discouraging vaccination. If you don't want to be vaccinated fine, but equally don't go moaning about 'rights'. Sometimes you give for the good of entire population, This is where people like 73 and Glossy fail to understand this is a selfish action. That's their right to do so. But reflects on them. As far as Stump and AFD they are idiots, No other word for it. Living life under constant paranoia

2. The expert. No one in science thinks Vanden Bossche is right. Seriously. Here we come to the tactic that antii-vaxxers and denialists have used. The expert. Whilst he is a vet and virologist (and one of the most arrogant people I have had the misfortune to meet earn he was a vaccine company man) he is being put forward as a leading expert. The you have the pile on of fake experts. Sikora,Heneghan, Cahill, Yeardon. None of these people should have been in the media commenting on this disease. Yet the media have allowed false equivalence is a search for 'balance' . What strikes me over the two years is that I have never heard anyone who is a coronavirus expert in the media. Plenty of good virologists/immunologists/epidemiologist who have given a range of views. I have had a good time shouting at the radio or TV when something incorrect has been said (inadevertantly). Now these are experts in the sense they know a lot more than the Average Joe or Jill. Personally I would not comment on human virology to the media as I am not the expert, but a lot more expert than many who have. I would and have commented on what I research on-avian infection and foodborne disease. I have worked on these for 23 years and would be confident to do so. So the point is you are being bullshitted by a fringe scientist and pile on of fake experts. AFD's Robert Malone is a case in point. I'll take my information from people who know, not the mainstream or social medias but people who are doing this work -my colleagues in Liverpool and experts elsewhere via scientific communication

3. No immunisation. Absolute rubbish. There is very good immunological memory, but not enough long lasting neutralising antibody to completely eliminate transmission. But more than enough to protect most people from serious disease, The vaccines are excellent against disease and mediocre against infection, but better than many expected who actually understand vaccines. Now where there is an issue are the likes of Johnson and Hancock telling everyone vaccines are the solution. They are cornerstone of disease control, but any effective programme needs many arms. These may include masks and some restrictions along with undoubted improvement in care and the roll out of therapeutics that actually work. Now if you are naive enough to believe politicians that's a different story.

4. I have not seen a post which has the first idea about how pathogens evolve, emerge and transmit. Not a clue about the sheer numbers of viruses, bacteria and fungi than exist within each and every one of us, every bird, every pig, dog, bat or tortoise. We will never know the actual origin of SARS CoV2. We can make educated guesses or we can follow an anti-Chinese agenda. As I said last year the likelihood is 90% a natural cause and perhaps 10% an accidental release. My view on that has not changed. In fact the experience of this virus shows a greater mutation rate and more rapid evolution of variants with differences in their infection biology. RNA viruses mutate about 1 in a million replication events. Viral load (number of viruses in an infection) is between 1million to 10 billion viral particles. So each infection, will lead to around 1-1 million mutation events. Most do nothing as the mutation is a disadvantage. If there is a selection pressure-drugs, immune response, transmissibility etc. then the variant emerges to become more dominant. Same principles in all pathogens, though mutation rate is usually lower than RNA viruses. It's well known coronaviruses exist in many species. They were discovered in birds and until 2 years ago we knew more about these than any other CoV. We also know Beta coronaviruses are more common in rodents and bats and the B lineage which includes both SARS and MERS also has close relatives in bats. Given how frequently they mutate a jump to another species is always a risk. In the last 30 years we have seen a few pretty serious viral infections jump from bats to humans, horses and pigs (Nippah and Hendraviruses) where habitat incursion has occurred. Bat roosts are also enormous in Asia. This is still by far more likely than any other source, though live markets are a risk (as seen with avian influenza in Asia). The only real credence to lab release is the disease was identified in Wuhan where there is a groups working in these bat viruses. Now this is the spin people selling crappy books have put on it, but when you really start to think about disease and disease ecology then you really begin to appreciate complexity in systems. It takes some time to comprehend.

Anyway nice to talk, go learn some science and keep away from the TFH Brigade

At last a sensible well argued post.

Italy over 50s on 10:30 - Jan 7 with 544 viewsbuilthjack

Italy over 50s on 09:45 - Jan 7 by 73__73

For you maybe, but I’m more than willing to take my chances with a virus that has survival rate of around 99.7 %

So 3 in 1000 die.
A full house at The Liberty could see 63 dead if everyone caught it there.
Truly frightening.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Italy over 50s on 10:42 - Jan 7 with 536 viewsonehunglow

That is an example of a qualified ,significant scientist trashing clowns like Brynmill who see themselves as more knowledgeable than ,well anyone. Everything and everyone is wrong apart from them,yet none can give an alternative plan to fight the virus,apart from letting people die.
Notice the pitiful back to the wall chumship of AFD,73 Stump and now Brynmill all called out for all to see as prize idiots thoigh with Brynmill it seems a Tory plot.

We are seeing mass infections but more surviving omicron than delta.Why is that? Ask yourselves.

The risk to innoculation would mean the children of these posters have not been vaccinated when babies against the usual childhood viruses that killed not that long ago. No? then why vaccinatate at all

I would advise them to avoid surgery of any kind a there are always risks thing can go wrong. Anesthetic-just loads can go wrong.
Chemotherapy will kill thing in your body and radiotherapy will zap you out.

Both can go wrong

Thats Prof for this exposing people for what they really are. They are a danger to us all .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Italy over 50s on 10:43 - Jan 7 with 534 viewsGlossolalia

Italy over 50s on 06:26 - Jan 7 by Professor

At least be correct. Milder than Delta, yes. Mild in most thanks to vaccination (not natural) elicited immunity. Still capable of high levels of hospitalisation and even death. It’s not unlike the original Wuhan strain in terms of virulence. It’s the population not the pathogen where there is change.
Unfortunately the ‘libertarian’ headlines are far from correct

What is incorrect exactly? The strain is milder, full stop; and the reason why it is milder isn't solely due to 'vaccine elicited immunity' (which is wrong, as you can't be immune from something that you can catch a milder variant of). Saying this strain can cause hospitalisations and death is completely unnecessary. We know. That's why people like me do all they can do, naturally, to reduce the risks.

For the last time, I support the vaccination of those who require it due to their age, health condition, or being immuno-suppressed. We have vaccines coming out of our ears, whilst many countries go without. We have effective anti-virals; I've tested when required and self-isolated when told to.

So who is selfish? Me? A man who is very, very unlikely to use hospital services in the near future, owing to his high levels of health; or the stockpiling countries insisting that it is more important for 3rd (and soon to be) 4th jabs, whilst poorer countries have little to no access to first doses?

And before you accuse me of hubris, remember that life has no certainty, and it is more about reducing the risks or premature death through healthy living and making the correct choices every day. A jab will never, for me, replace that.

This is bigger than the UK. Pat yourself on the back for having 144m boosters available, and call those who see in unfair imbalance in vaccine availability between countries 'selfish'.

Absolutely pathetic: tacitly, you'd rather me be a wheezing obese man as long as I'd had the vaccine. Do one.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 11:12]
Italy over 50s on 10:46 - Jan 7 with 529 viewsonehunglow

Italy over 50s on 10:43 - Jan 7 by Glossolalia

What is incorrect exactly? The strain is milder, full stop; and the reason why it is milder isn't solely due to 'vaccine elicited immunity' (which is wrong, as you can't be immune from something that you can catch a milder variant of). Saying this strain can cause hospitalisations and death is completely unnecessary. We know. That's why people like me do all they can do, naturally, to reduce the risks.

For the last time, I support the vaccination of those who require it due to their age, health condition, or being immuno-suppressed. We have vaccines coming out of our ears, whilst many countries go without. We have effective anti-virals; I've tested when required and self-isolated when told to.

So who is selfish? Me? A man who is very, very unlikely to use hospital services in the near future, owing to his high levels of health; or the stockpiling countries insisting that it is more important for 3rd (and soon to be) 4th jabs, whilst poorer countries have little to no access to first doses?

And before you accuse me of hubris, remember that life has no certainty, and it is more about reducing the risks or premature death through healthy living and making the correct choices every day. A jab will never, for me, replace that.

This is bigger than the UK. Pat yourself on the back for having 144m boosters available, and call those who see in unfair imbalance in vaccine availability between countries 'selfish'.

Absolutely pathetic: tacitly, you'd rather me be a wheezing obese man as long as I'd had the vaccine. Do one.

Are you concerned that by non jabbing you could be passing on a virus that could kill someone you will never know.

A staggering response full of contempt for a good man .

Do one yourself and do it alone

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Italy over 50s on 11:02 - Jan 7 with 523 viewsGlossolalia

Italy over 50s on 07:39 - Jan 7 by Brynmill_Jack

Couldn’t agree more , the second paragraph should really switch a light bulb on in these peoples thick heads. I’m beginning to think that a lot on here have probably had their electric cut off though sadly.

It’s hilarious how these exact same people witter on about virtue signalling - and yet here they are practically falling over each other (some foaming at the mouth) to vilify a group of people who in a lot of cases will have already had Covid refusing to take the vaccine. “I did my bit for my country” - it’s as if morons have been in the trenches in the Somme or fought in the Battle of Britain. Those people never virtue signalled though unlike our band of punctured warriors littering these threads.

I noted your comment to Prof further down - it seems there’s a lot of scientists and GPs on here willing to pontificate on a subject they know jack sh*t about and try to belittle and bully others.

I’ve been saying for a while now the proof of the effects on immunisation are coming to light - namely there is no immunisation from Covid. Even going on the premise that the vaccines (you know the ones that if they do injure you you can’t sue anyone over) are 100% safe the mass inoculation programme has been a categorical error.

Dr Geert Vanden Bossche (a qualified virologist not a vet) for one warned against it regarding the long term effects on the populations immune systems. By all means vaccinate vulnerable people with co morbidities and the sick and very elderly but large scale mass vaccination can do a lot more harm than good to people who don’t really need it (under 50’s and especially children).

The evidence has shown Covid transmission is now far more virulent than at any time since the start of the pandemic. That’s with the vast majority of the population vaccinated. “But still it’s the unvaccinated people who are causing the problem”. What a sickening and utter lie that’s showed up to be but some still persist in peddling it (in the case of Felix and OHL’s case out of terror they might be wrong but too late to turn back now).

The argument then comes that “you’ve only had the first two jabs, you’re not fully vaccinated “. Well it was only supposed to be one! Now it’s three and guaranteed there will be a forth , a fifth, a sixth.

I hope at least some people are beginning to at least question these broken promises . Unlike the way they will not think critically over the origin of where the damn thing came from in the first place.

Bravo. It genuinely cheers me to read that.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 11:03]
Italy over 50s on 11:06 - Jan 7 with 521 viewsProfessor

Italy over 50s on 10:43 - Jan 7 by Glossolalia

The latter points we can agree on. Global action is key.

As an immunologist the definition of that vaccines actually do has been rather poor on here and the media. In part the Government raised unrealistic excpectation reinforced by idiots like Baker and Francois on the back benches.

Immunity from vaccines has two parts- Protection against infection and Protection against disease. The Gold Standard is both to sterilising immunity. That rarely happens. What is clear the vaccines produce responses and memory that does the latter part very well, but the former less so. Eventually I hope better vaccines that give better mucosal immunity will be developed, these are likely to be closer to achieving both aims with longer-lasting protection. More difficult to achieve. Either way we are closer to an end game. Omicron is only marginally milder than the original strains-this has been lost in poor messaging. It's still a hell of lot nastier than seasonal flu. The rates of hospital admission and in particular those without immunity attest to that. Thankfully the significant change is reduced pneumonia, but other long term issues remain. I'm a bit fed making the the argument it's not a binary life:death disease. I suspect the rate of DALYs (disability adjusted life years) after infection will remain high but too early to tell.

I think the rest we can just leave as I'm not starting another feud.

Have good day
Italy over 50s on 11:11 - Jan 7 with 514 viewsGlossolalia

Italy over 50s on 10:46 - Jan 7 by onehunglow

Are you concerned that by non jabbing you could be passing on a virus that could kill someone you will never know.

You have utterly failed to listen or understand my argument. I know your authoritarian take on this, and it seems to have blinkered you entirely.

No I am not concerned in the slightest. Given that I'd arguably more likely to be unwittingly carrying the virus if I were jabbed, it is simply no argument to suggest I'd be more likely to pass on COVID to someone whilst unjabbed. I have isolated when required. I have tested when required. Your point is redundant.
Italy over 50s on 11:28 - Jan 7 with 502 viewsGlossolalia

Italy over 50s on 11:06 - Jan 7 by Professor

The latter points we can agree on. Global action is key.

As an immunologist the definition of that vaccines actually do has been rather poor on here and the media. In part the Government raised unrealistic excpectation reinforced by idiots like Baker and Francois on the back benches.

Immunity from vaccines has two parts- Protection against infection and Protection against disease. The Gold Standard is both to sterilising immunity. That rarely happens. What is clear the vaccines produce responses and memory that does the latter part very well, but the former less so. Eventually I hope better vaccines that give better mucosal immunity will be developed, these are likely to be closer to achieving both aims with longer-lasting protection. More difficult to achieve. Either way we are closer to an end game. Omicron is only marginally milder than the original strains-this has been lost in poor messaging. It's still a hell of lot nastier than seasonal flu. The rates of hospital admission and in particular those without immunity attest to that. Thankfully the significant change is reduced pneumonia, but other long term issues remain. I'm a bit fed making the the argument it's not a binary life:death disease. I suspect the rate of DALYs (disability adjusted life years) after infection will remain high but too early to tell.

I think the rest we can just leave as I'm not starting another feud.

Have good day

Let's not ignore the fact, told by NHS bosses, that over a third of hospital COVID cases are incidental. This has risen from a quarter in the autumn. Quite a clear gauge on how much milder the strain is.

I appreciate the detailing of the vaccine efficacy, but you've failed to engage with me on any personal level, regarding choice and the morals around stockpiling. Nor have you managed to prove anything I've said as factually 'wrong'. Just like sirjon yesterday, my interlocutor is simply a person hiding behind a profession. It's tedious and one-dimensional.

All your expertise doesn't mean you have a greater right to label all those who disagree wrong. You're no one's doctor and I firmly believe you lack the faculties of nuance and individuality surrounding this issue. You're not incorrect, but nor am I.

Have a day.
Italy over 50s on 11:39 - Jan 7 with 491 views1462jack

Italy over 50s on 10:46 - Jan 7 by onehunglow

Same goes for the jabbed mate come on you can’t be that blind
Italy over 50s on 11:43 - Jan 7 with 487 viewsGlossolalia

Italy over 50s on 11:39 - Jan 7 by 1462jack

Same goes for the jabbed mate come on you can’t be that blind

His really is on this issue. I like OHL but have quickly realised there's no room for alternate viewpoints with him here. Same applies for builth, with his single-sentence scaremongering. And he says I don't understand. Jesus wept.
Italy over 50s on 11:48 - Jan 7 with 483 viewsbuilthjack

Italy over 50s on 11:43 - Jan 7 by Glossolalia

His really is on this issue. I like OHL but have quickly realised there's no room for alternate viewpoints with him here. Same applies for builth, with his single-sentence scaremongering. And he says I don't understand. Jesus wept.

Do you live abroad?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024