Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 AFTERMATH ! 16:35 - Jan 9 with 32707 viewsNotLoyal

It’s all here, the English Covid free environment on toast with some good old dripping. Have it with some hock or lamb replacement therapy. Roll on the floor with your positive nouns.It’s the match day thread. It’s a pay on the day away day that day.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56746/jamie-paterson-unl

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56758
David Webb will be the referee when Swansea City take on Huddersfield Town at the John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday (3pm). The County Durham official will be taking charge of a Swans game for the third time this season, having had the whistle for the opening-day defeat at Blackburn and the away win at Barnsley. Webb was at the helm of two Swans games last season, awarding a key late spot-kick for Andre Ayew to net a late winner at Stoke, and overseeing a goalless draw against Reading. He will be assisted by Adam Crysell and Matthew Mcgrath, while Neil Hair will be the fourth official.

The game is now pay on the day.
It’s only a fiver !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56760
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56761/a-super-swansea-ci

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/56776/carlos-corberán

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:00 - Jan 15 with 1424 viewsjojaca

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 15:50 - Jan 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Huddersfield getting behind us at will. Whenever they turn us over in their half they get the ball forward very quickly- we just turned them over and instead of getting the ball forward quickly Grimes passes sideways again.

Same shit, same result. We are an absolute bore to watch, slow one paced with schoolboy defending. If the same script continues, i expect another mistake gifting Huddersfield a goal 10-15 minutes into second half.

Even when you know, you never know?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:00 - Jan 15 with 1421 viewsunion_jack

Due to poor stream I’ve seen literally less than 60 seconds of this game.

The bit I have seen involved the ball being played forward to Smith through their midfield. Smith back to goal did not attempt to trap and turn but ran the ball back to whence it came. This happens all too often and we are not going to win games that way. Or friends!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:01 - Jan 15 with 1409 viewsAnotherJohn

Game stats. Hudds: 33% possession, 8 shots. Swans: 66% possession, 3 shots.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2022 16:02]
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:01 - Jan 15 with 1397 viewsAndyCole

Highly impressed with our high press and dominance in their half.

But this ofc is entirely due to the fact they are sitting back on a commanding 1-0 lead. They totally bossed the game, scored and sat back. Could be 3-0.

It's a bonkers tactic playing one of our CMs (Downer) so deep whilst our CBs push on. Martin is losing the plot on this particular tactic.

We can win this against a very limited Hudds team, if we deploy the right tactics and personnel in their rightful positions.

Oba for Smith, and push FD into CM instead of playing as our deepest player, when chasing a game.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:02 - Jan 15 with 1388 viewsFlashberryjack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 15:42 - Jan 15 by A_Fans_Dad

It is against forum policy.
Plus it has crashed as it often does.

I wouldn't want you to break forum policy.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:05 - Jan 15 with 1340 viewsCatullus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 15:55 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

They've been happy for us to have the ball after they went ahead. Apart from a few crosses into the box (which their 3 centre halves will always be favs for) nothing to trouble them. Thomas vs Latibeaudiere and the lad up against Cabango, they know they'll overload us on the break often enough to expect more goals.

Our football is so slow and predictable, specially when Grimes gets it. Are we wearing boots made by Blue Circle?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:05 - Jan 15 with 1316 viewsonehunglow

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 15:55 - Jan 15 by TenbySwan

Congratulations, I have finally put you on ignore !

Posters like dwight,like it or not,post the truth.

People do not like the Truth,whuch right now is

we are boring,inept,slow and pitifully coached with no captain on the field of play.

We have a goalkeeper indtructed to swop positions with a full back to exchange passes which lead us into trouble. This much make us laughable.We have a coach so utterly destructive it hurts;more so when decent fans are taken in by his drivel talk.

We do not pass the ball forward if there us a chance of passing it sideways. This teams are comfortable against us.

The truth is we are hoping to see 3 clubs worse than us fall into league 1.Martin is for sure then he will keep his job whilst his pitiful fanboys support him for another season starting Aug.

We have seen good players leave after being humiliated ;and this is ok so long as we support Russ. If you dont,you are filth,scum,moron,clueless or negative.

The Truth is we looked screwed and will be unless we bin this charlatan and do it NOW before he wrecks the club. Plenty of good old experienced managers out there who would take us on and get us back on track.

The Truth hurts

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:05 - Jan 15 with 1336 viewsGruffStephens

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 15:48 - Jan 15 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Towards everything? Untrue.

I frequently post about our excellent young goalkeeper.

I praise Piroe and Ntcham often.

I'm unsure what else there is to be positive about at the moment. The only notable difference to the calamitous opening few games of the season is our abandonment of trying to "beat the press" from our six yard box. I see no improvement. We're still gifting goals away every other game.

I am very eager to identify positives, as I am truly worried we will go down if nothing much changes.

Seriously Dwight it does get wearing, I like your posts but we have to surely be more positive.
Login to get fewer ads

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:06 - Jan 15 with 1323 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Wyndham was going on about Ntcham not being involved but to be fair we play so slowly and have no real impetus it’s going to be nigh on impossible for him to make any meaningful impact on the game.

It’s a far cry from our great run in the autumn where we were really playing with purpose , dominating and scoring goals.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:06 - Jan 15 with 1320 viewsAndyCole

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:02 - Jan 15 by Flashberryjack

I wouldn't want you to break forum policy.

The Swans TV stream is working a treat - are folk averse to investing a measly tenner to the cause ?

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:07 - Jan 15 with 1306 viewsFlashberryjack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 15:42 - Jan 15 by A_Fans_Dad

It is against forum policy.
Plus it has crashed as it often does.

Managed to get it, thanks for your help anyway.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:08 - Jan 15 with 1307 viewsjojaca

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:05 - Jan 15 by Catullus

Our football is so slow and predictable, specially when Grimes gets it. Are we wearing boots made by Blue Circle?

I agree, it's so slow and predictable, I am doing my best not to turn off the stream.

Even when you know, you never know?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:10 - Jan 15 with 1276 viewsJohnw102

Almost gifted them the second in the opening minute of second half.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:12 - Jan 15 with 1250 viewssw02sea

Huddersfield commentator summed first half a treat…”Swansea are so fragile in their final third, it’s only a matter of time until we score 2 or 3 more”
Ive never been so bored watching the Swans, be it live or on line.
If there was a league for walking football, we’d be top of The Champions League.
Name me one player in the whole of our squad that has pace?
Our defending as a team is pathetic.
Sorry, but pissing about at the back and in midfield, with zero penetration, is only going to end in tears.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:14 - Jan 15 with 1230 viewsAnotherJohn

To be fair we have come into the game a bit more in the last 5 minutes. We aren't Barca but Hudds are not world beaters either. Wouldn't be surprised to see us get back into this.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:15 - Jan 15 with 1219 viewsKeithHaynes

Killing them second half. Lots of shots, their keeper is playing a blinder.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:20 - Jan 15 with 1167 viewsCatullus

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:05 - Jan 15 by GruffStephens

Seriously Dwight it does get wearing, I like your posts but we have to surely be more positive.

Surely it's important to be truthful?

I tried to be positive and support the manager for the first few months but we have gone backwards, quickly. There's no pace, no determination, no attacking intent.

Gruff, honestly, what positives can you take from today so far?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:26 - Jan 15 with 1087 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:14 - Jan 15 by AnotherJohn

To be fair we have come into the game a bit more in the last 5 minutes. We aren't Barca but Hudds are not world beaters either. Wouldn't be surprised to see us get back into this.

Bog standard championship team - if these are top 6 we should certainly be up there

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:28 - Jan 15 with 1067 viewsBadlands

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:20 - Jan 15 by Catullus

I tried to be positive and support the manager for the first few months but we have gone backwards, quickly. There's no pace, no determination, no attacking intent.

Not backwards today. Nor agains Soton. May be losing but what a performance.
Name me a team that routinely gets past a parked bus.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:28 - Jan 15 with 1056 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:20 - Jan 15 by Catullus

We are only 1 goal down, for now.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:29 - Jan 15 with 1059 viewsjasper_T

Better so far. Latibeaudiere actually doing well considering, fair play to the boy he tries.
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:33 - Jan 15 with 1008 viewsThornburyswan

Decent substitution tbf
Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:33 - Jan 15 with 1008 viewsunion_jack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:28 - Jan 15 by Badlands

Not backwards today. Nor agains Soton. May be losing but what a performance.
Name me a team that routinely gets past a parked bus.

The bus is parked because we are too slow getting forward. Gives opposition lots of time to set up defensive structure.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:34 - Jan 15 with 989 viewsChief

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:29 - Jan 15 by jasper_T

Better so far. Latibeaudiere actually doing well considering, fair play to the boy he tries.

Been very decent going forward

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:37 - Jan 15 with 945 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Huddersfield Town v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 21/22 FRI UPDATE on 16:34 - Jan 15 by Chief

Been very decent going forward

Better, a lot better but not really troubling them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024