Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
austin 15:30 - Mar 20 with 5766 viewsdelhoop

why is he getting in the team,was a great player for us but now has no movement,other people say you can’t throw in armstrong but surely he’d able to move around a bit more and cause defenders more of a problem
austin on 19:16 - Mar 21 with 1173 viewsellersliehoop

austin on 10:45 - Mar 21 by daveB

Gray had scored in the last 3 games so not sure why you would want him rotated, Of course Austin is 3rd choice now and hasn't had a good season by his high standards. It's a real shame it hasn't worked out so far.

Austin has looked poor in the last couple of months. But so has the team as a whole.

We've become very predictable & actually quite boring to watch.

Austin is still capable of scoring goals, but our style of play doesn't do him many favours.
austin on 19:28 - Mar 21 with 1119 viewsbaz_qpr

austin on 19:16 - Mar 21 by ellersliehoop

Austin has looked poor in the last couple of months. But so has the team as a whole.

We've become very predictable & actually quite boring to watch.

Austin is still capable of scoring goals, but our style of play doesn't do him many favours.

In many ways I agree, but I just get the impression his heads not in the right place and given how much. of a positive influence he was in the dressing room last year and he is such a big character if that has a negative impact. What was noticeable yesterday was the lack of leadership and lack of togetherness when things are going against you
austin on 20:47 - Mar 21 with 1018 viewsdaveB

austin on 19:28 - Mar 21 by baz_qpr

In many ways I agree, but I just get the impression his heads not in the right place and given how much. of a positive influence he was in the dressing room last year and he is such a big character if that has a negative impact. What was noticeable yesterday was the lack of leadership and lack of togetherness when things are going against you

When he came back last year he had a real cause to keep us up and you could tell he loved every minute of being the main man and leading the team.

I thought his interview after the Luton home game was quite telling. he was very honest about his personal issues and how football wasn't the most important thing to him at the time and the manager was great with him giving him time to sort things out and allow him to come back but he's had other issues since with his kid in hospital with covid, him and his wife were both ill with it and those things have taken his focus away a bit and he's struggled to get his old form back and has looked frustrated with himself all season. He's had some quite nasty abuse from fans on social media who were kissing his arse last season, The storming into the stand thing at Rotherham is all part of it, he hasn't looked as happy as he did last season. I don't think it's one thing it's a combination of lots of little things which have really affected his performances. All season has been very stop start for him a little but like Andre Gray never really getting a run in the side. I do get the counter argument that hes well paid and should just get on with it but ultimately I just find it quite sad how it's ended up.
austin on 22:23 - Mar 21 with 897 viewsitsbiga

He has been poor for sure.
My boss started this year out retracted and uninterested and not very motivational. Coming to end of March and we are all feeling it now too. My team is pretty languid with no direction from above.
I wonder if what's coming down from above is ruining the vibe?

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

austin on 01:18 - Mar 22 with 780 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Didn't we already have an Austin thread? I'm all for recycling but this topic has been flogged to within an inch of its life.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024