Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS 18:38 - Mar 25 with 2092 viewsdurham_exile

Our third game in succession against a side with Rovers in the title. The first two have been disappointing defeats. I think that we deserved a point at the Memorial Ground and definitely should have taken a point on Monday night in the SKY televised game. I am disappointed because our approach play and general performance has been much better of late.

The problem is if we lose another close-run game 1-0 on Saturday then the trap door to relegation gets closer.

Scunny are doomed and my money is still on Stevenage for the second team even though Rochdale could yet face a points deduction.

Rochdale 37 40
COL U 38 39
Barrow 37 37
Stevenage 37 34
Oldham 37 31
Scunny 38 24

Remaining Fixtures:
Tranmere H
Harrogate A*
Stevenage H
Exeter A
Bradford H
Newport A
Walsall H
Hartlepool A*

Three more victories should be enough and if we can defeat Tranmere, Harrogate and Stevenage then that would give us 48 points and the breathing space of five more games to garner maybe another 3 points to ensure the magic 50+ points figure is reached.

Micky Mellon, me old fruit, brings his promotion wanabees to the JSCS on Saturday. Good at home as we found out earlier in the season when I watched us lose 2-0 on the Wirral, but not so good away from home and frankly, we need to get something this weekend. Feeling sorry for ourselves after another narrow defeat at the weekend is not going to be helpful and will put the pressure right back especially if some of these fixtures don’t go our way.

Crawley v Rochdale
Exeter v Stevenage
Orient v Barrow
Oldham v Mansfield
Scunny v Harrogate

Harrogate are having such a shocking time at present that you could even see them lose at Scunny.

So, what team does WB select on Saturday?

Tommy Smith is unavailable having captained his New Zealand side to a 7-1 victory over New Caledonia during the week. Armando Dobra (who) and Tyreik Wright will both be away on international duty too.

Question marks also remain over the fitness of Dallison, Judge (congratulations on that great goal) Huws, Hannant and Edwards (who we really missed on Monday night).

So, I would go for the following:

George

Coxe Chambers Eastman Kenlock

Skuse Wiredu Chilvers

Sears Akinde Andrews

Subs
Hornby Tchamadeu MWH Marshall Miranda Thomas Tovide

Will WB go for the attacking line up. Frankly he has little choice with several first teamers out injured. Edwards would play if fit but we cannot risk him if we need him to be fit for vital games coming up.

Big John Akinde needs 90 minutes under his belt and I am a great fan of Corie Andrews. So, play them alongside Freddie Sears in a rousing three-man forward line.

Weather is set fair with 16 degrees Celsius, bright and sunny and dry conditions.

Our pitch is sadly still not up to previous years. Looking a little threadbare but should still give a good game.

Scoreline 2-0 to the Super U’s, a clean sheet and Big John to lash home his first goal for the club with Andrews scoring after a sublime move.

Incidentally I would have Ben Stevenson back in a heartbeat, he was outstanding for FGR but that ship has sailed.

If only we could guarantee another 6,000 crowd but it will probably be half that on Saturday, but Eddie is back.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 19:38 - Mar 25 with 1235 viewswessex_exile

Great write-up Durham, and I'd overlooked that Tommy captained New Zealand, so good for him! Obviously I'll be more than happy with your predicted outcome, even if my OMB prediction is 2-1 with Chilvers getting the first. To be honest, I'll take 1-0 with the proverbial "one of the @rse" in the 95th minute at this stage. You're right too, Ben Stevenson was the best player on the pitch on Monday night, but heyho, we can't turn the clock back unfortunately.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2022 19:39]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 12:36 - Mar 26 with 1111 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 19:38 - Mar 25 by wessex_exile

Great write-up Durham, and I'd overlooked that Tommy captained New Zealand, so good for him! Obviously I'll be more than happy with your predicted outcome, even if my OMB prediction is 2-1 with Chilvers getting the first. To be honest, I'll take 1-0 with the proverbial "one of the @rse" in the 95th minute at this stage. You're right too, Ben Stevenson was the best player on the pitch on Monday night, but heyho, we can't turn the clock back unfortunately.
[Post edited 25 Mar 2022 19:39]

Wessex - a victory today will really give the team a lift.

It would also essentially mean survival is virtually assured for another season.

But this endless depression of struggling near the foot of the table must end. After all we will eventually lose two worse teams than us in the League and then unthinkable!

Enjoy the game.

Up the U's.

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 14:15 - Mar 26 with 1084 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 12:36 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Wessex - a victory today will really give the team a lift.

It would also essentially mean survival is virtually assured for another season.

But this endless depression of struggling near the foot of the table must end. After all we will eventually lose two worse teams than us in the League and then unthinkable!

Enjoy the game.

Up the U's.

Starting XI

George

Coxe Chambers Dallison Kenlock

Skuse Wiredu

Hannant Chilvers

Sears Akinde

Subs

Hornby Judge Andrews Eastman Tchamadeu Huws Thomas

It would be good for both Andrews and Thomas to get some forward game time today.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:09 - Mar 26 with 1069 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 14:15 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Starting XI

George

Coxe Chambers Dallison Kenlock

Skuse Wiredu

Hannant Chilvers

Sears Akinde

Subs

Hornby Judge Andrews Eastman Tchamadeu Huws Thomas

It would be good for both Andrews and Thomas to get some forward game time today.

Up the U's

Colchester growing into the game.

Better quality required on the crosses

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:15 - Mar 26 with 1067 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:09 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Colchester growing into the game.

Better quality required on the crosses

Up the U's

Hannant unlucky then with the lifted ball over the keeper

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:17 - Mar 26 with 1065 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:15 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Hannant unlucky then with the lifted ball over the keeper

Great work on the left from Chilvers.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:19 - Mar 26 with 1064 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:17 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Great work on the left from Chilvers.

Up the U's

Great work from Coxe

Direct free kick

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:21 - Mar 26 with 1063 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:19 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Great work from Coxe

Direct free kick

Free kick wasted

But we are creating opportunities

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:22 - Mar 26 with 1062 viewswessex_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:21 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Free kick wasted

But we are creating opportunities

Replay suggests that was well inside the box.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:28 - Mar 26 with 1056 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:22 - Mar 26 by wessex_exile

Replay suggests that was well inside the box.

Tranmere the least impressive of the three Rovers teams that we have played.

Frankly they are there for the taking

VAR must be introduced to the EFL
It may be unpopular but I agree that it looked inside the box.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:30 - Mar 26 with 1055 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:28 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Tranmere the least impressive of the three Rovers teams that we have played.

Frankly they are there for the taking

VAR must be introduced to the EFL
It may be unpopular but I agree that it looked inside the box.

Up the U's

Tranmere dirty
Mind you at Preston Park they were dirty and wastedd time too.

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:35 - Mar 26 with 1054 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:30 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Tranmere dirty
Mind you at Preston Park they were dirty and wastedd time too.

The fouls are mounting up against Tranmere

Come on

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:38 - Mar 26 with 1053 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:35 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

The fouls are mounting up against Tranmere

Come on

Akinde needs to play 10-15 yards further forward.

I don't understand why WB doesn't play Akinde and Sears as a proper strike partnership.

Never mind park that for now

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:47 - Mar 26 with 1047 viewsgerry_us

He won't change and will be happy with the chances on goal.....2 with 1 on target. Wow!
Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:47 - Mar 26 with 1046 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:38 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Akinde needs to play 10-15 yards further forward.

I don't understand why WB doesn't play Akinde and Sears as a proper strike partnership.

Never mind park that for now

Up the U's

Need to go again second half.

Focus and look to convert a chance.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:58 - Mar 26 with 1038 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:47 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Need to go again second half.

Focus and look to convert a chance.

Up the U's

WB has options on the bench

Corie Andrews and Donell Thomas

Come on

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:12 - Mar 26 with 1032 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:58 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

WB has options on the bench

Corie Andrews and Donell Thomas

Come on

Akinde off for Judge

What is going on

Where are Andrews and Thomas

Come on WB sort it out

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:14 - Mar 26 with 1028 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:12 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Akinde off for Judge

What is going on

Where are Andrews and Thomas

Come on WB sort it out

Sears now isolated on his own

No wonder we've lost 7 home league games.

Come on bring Andrews on

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:21 - Mar 26 with 1025 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:14 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Sears now isolated on his own

No wonder we've lost 7 home league games.

Come on bring Andrews on

Brilliant save from George

2,459 attendance

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:22 - Mar 26 with 1025 viewsgerry_us

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 15:47 - Mar 26 by gerry_us

He won't change and will be happy with the chances on goal.....2 with 1 on target. Wow!

Sorry, I was mistaken.
Two shots, NONE on goal.
Just the time to take off Akinde then!
What is it about our manager's and their attacking complex?
Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:25 - Mar 26 with 1024 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:22 - Mar 26 by gerry_us

Sorry, I was mistaken.
Two shots, NONE on goal.
Just the time to take off Akinde then!
What is it about our manager's and their attacking complex?

Gerry he's playing for the point.

I'm sorry but regardless of where we finish WB is not the answer.

Frankly Sears has been poor today.

Andrews would offer more pace

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:27 - Mar 26 with 1022 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:25 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Gerry he's playing for the point.

I'm sorry but regardless of where we finish WB is not the answer.

Frankly Sears has been poor today.

Andrews would offer more pace

George's save was magnificent.

Come on we need to win this game

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:32 - Mar 26 with 1017 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:27 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

George's save was magnificent.

Come on we need to win this game

WB is clueless
Where does he expect the goals to come from with one isolated striker and poor service.

About 15 to play can Andrews be brought on now

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:37 - Mar 26 with 1015 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:32 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

WB is clueless
Where does he expect the goals to come from with one isolated striker and poor service.

About 15 to play can Andrews be brought on now

Dallison was not fully fit so why risk him today.

Eastman on

Come on give Andrews the obligatory 8 minutes

Durham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:41 - Mar 26 with 1013 viewsdurham_exile

Tranmere to come unstuck against the Super U's at the JSCS on 16:37 - Mar 26 by durham_exile

Dallison was not fully fit so why risk him today.

Eastman on

Come on give Andrews the obligatory 8 minutes

I am raging here

WB hanging on for a point when he could have taken the game to Tranmere.

Looks like no Andrews today

Very sad

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024