Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals 19:39 - Apr 3 with 2609 viewswessex_exile

The quarter-finals of the Champions League commence at 8pm on Tuesday evening, so here are the fixtures to predict:
05/04/2022 Benfica v Liverpool
05/04/2022 Manchester City v Atletico Madrid
06/04/2022 Chelsea v Real Madrid
06/04/2022 Villarreal v Bayern Munich
12/04/2022 Bayern Munich v Villarreal
12/04/2022 Real Madrid v Chelsea
13/04/2022 Atletico Madrid v Manchester City
13/04/2022 Liverpool v Benfica

TheFatGooner got through the Group D U's attendance tie-break prediction, by virtue of a no-show from Lewis_1, albeit his 2,478 prediction was 3,662 off the actual recorded attendance of 6,140. The two groups are therefore:

Not so sure about 'Group of Death', but blueeagle must be wondering what he's done to deserve to be thrown into the Group 1 lions den.

Rules as before, 3pts for a win, 1pt for an outcome, you can only exact match one prediction with each of your group opponents, and top two in each group go into the hat for the semi-finals. If a tie-break is needed, it will be to predict the attendance for Exeter City v U's on Good Friday (note, this is a 1pm kick-off).

Good luck everyone!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 22:25 - Apr 12 with 598 viewswessex_exile

Although the Real Madrid v Chelsea game has gone to extra-time, 4-4 on aggregate, the score that counts for the UCL is Chelsea's 3-1 victory. With Villarreal's late equaliser to eliminate Bayern Munich, that actually means ZERO points for everyone tonight.

Positions from completion of the first legs therefore haven't changed, so the quarter-final final placings and report will follow after tomorrow's games. A final reminder/ plea to both Tropical_Us and TheFatGooner that you have prediction amendments to make. The updated tables are below, yellow highlight shows a permitted exact match, red highlight predictions that must be changed or they won't count. Do please pay attention to the predictions of your opponents.

Good luck everyone, and don't forget if you find yourself in a tie-break situation, the tie-break prediction is the official (BBC Sport) attendance at St James' Park on Good Friday, which kicks off at 1pm.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 22:48 - Apr 12 with 583 viewsgerry_us

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 22:25 - Apr 12 by wessex_exile

Although the Real Madrid v Chelsea game has gone to extra-time, 4-4 on aggregate, the score that counts for the UCL is Chelsea's 3-1 victory. With Villarreal's late equaliser to eliminate Bayern Munich, that actually means ZERO points for everyone tonight.

Positions from completion of the first legs therefore haven't changed, so the quarter-final final placings and report will follow after tomorrow's games. A final reminder/ plea to both Tropical_Us and TheFatGooner that you have prediction amendments to make. The updated tables are below, yellow highlight shows a permitted exact match, red highlight predictions that must be changed or they won't count. Do please pay attention to the predictions of your opponents.

Good luck everyone, and don't forget if you find yourself in a tie-break situation, the tie-break prediction is the official (BBC Sport) attendance at St James' Park on Good Friday, which kicks off at 1pm.

Cracking high scoring comp Wessex!
U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 19:03 - Apr 13 with 544 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 22:48 - Apr 12 by gerry_us

Cracking high scoring comp Wessex!

Equal 3rd on 2pts says it all

Just waiting for RS before the 8pm kick-offs.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 19:52 - Apr 13 with 540 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Game Night 4

13/04/2022 Atletico Madrid v Manchester City 0-0
13/04/2022 Liverpool v Benfica 2-0

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 19:54 - Apr 13 with 538 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 19:52 - Apr 13 by RSCOSWORTH

Game Night 4

13/04/2022 Atletico Madrid v Manchester City 0-0
13/04/2022 Liverpool v Benfica 2-0

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 22:58 - Apr 13 with 521 viewswessex_exile

And so the final matches in the Champions League Quarter-Finals have finished, with these UCL qualifying results:

Bayern Munich 1 Villarreal 1
Real Madrid 1 Chelsea 3
(at the end of normal time)
Atletico Madrid 0 Manchester City 0
Liverpool 3 Benfica 3

Yesterday Villarreal, with an 88th minute equaliser, knock out giants Bayern Munich to go through 2-1 on aggregate to the semi-finals. Although Chelski took it to extra-time with their 3-1 result after normal time at Real Madrid, it is the Spaniards who progress with Benzema's 96' minute extra-time goal to go through 5-4 on aggregate - can't say I'm sad, despite losing an 'English' side.

This evening, Man City held out for a nervy 0-0 at Atletico Madrid to go through narrowly 1-0 on aggregate. Despite a spirited fightback from Benfica (which scuppered a fair few points in the UCL) to draw 3-3 at Anfield, Liverpool progress 6-4 on aggregate courtesy of their first leg 3-1 win in Portugal.

As for the UCL, with precious few points earned in the second legs across the board, the groups have finished as follows:

Group 1

Almost unbelievable - apart from two separate single points in the second night of the first legs, not a single point has since been scored across the entire group. This means that burnsieespana tops the group and qualifies for the semi-finals as group champion. Incredibly, blueeagle, gerry_us and TheFatGooner go into a three-way tie-break to decide who qualifies in second place. From TheFatGooner's perspective, remarkable because three of his four second leg picks were invalid, but none would have scored even if they were.

Group 2

This one was a little more clear cut, with RSCOSWORTH getting his second spot-on with the Atletico Madrid 0 Man City 0 result, to finish comfortably top on 7pts. Yours truly (wessex_exile) only just held on to the second qualification place with the same result as an outcome to finish on 3pts, but at Liverpool 3 Benfica 1 Tropical_Us was going through instead. As it turned out, it was the group wooden spoon on 1pt, with BFG finishing on 2pts to take the 3rd place in the group.

So, congratulations to those already qualified, but that does leave us with a massive tie-break situation from Group 1.

blueeagle, gerry_us and TheFatGooner, I need your tie-break predictions for the official (BBC reported) attendance at the Exeter v U's game on Good Friday. You can post them here, or PM me, whatever you prefer, but you cannot match any of the other two. Nearest to the correct attendance (above or below) goes through. Please also bear in mind that I'm travelling down for this game, so will have limited internet access from early Friday morning, so the sooner you get them in the better.

If there's still a tie after that, you're all witches and need to be burned at the stake...and I'll have to come up with something else to decide who qualifies.

Good luck all three!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 05:17 - Apr 14 with 501 viewsblueeagle

Exeter v Col Utd attendance 8,255
U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 09:45 - Apr 14 with 491 viewsgerry_us

8010 attendance
Or it could be the score?
Login to get fewer ads

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 20:50 - Apr 14 with 458 viewswessex_exile

All good chaps - still waiting for TheFatGooner.

Incidentally, as I'm involved in the semi-final draw myself, Prediction League and UCL legend mfb_cufc has kindly agreed to do the draw on my behalf to avoid any suggestion of impropriety. That will of course be once tomorrow's tie-break is out of the way.

Mick, in case I get PM'd a prediction from TFG whilst I'm out, I should be back by about 6pm tomorrow to announce the tie-break results.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 21:38 - Apr 14 with 450 viewsRSCOSWORTH

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 22:58 - Apr 13 by wessex_exile

And so the final matches in the Champions League Quarter-Finals have finished, with these UCL qualifying results:

Bayern Munich 1 Villarreal 1
Real Madrid 1 Chelsea 3
(at the end of normal time)
Atletico Madrid 0 Manchester City 0
Liverpool 3 Benfica 3

Yesterday Villarreal, with an 88th minute equaliser, knock out giants Bayern Munich to go through 2-1 on aggregate to the semi-finals. Although Chelski took it to extra-time with their 3-1 result after normal time at Real Madrid, it is the Spaniards who progress with Benzema's 96' minute extra-time goal to go through 5-4 on aggregate - can't say I'm sad, despite losing an 'English' side.

This evening, Man City held out for a nervy 0-0 at Atletico Madrid to go through narrowly 1-0 on aggregate. Despite a spirited fightback from Benfica (which scuppered a fair few points in the UCL) to draw 3-3 at Anfield, Liverpool progress 6-4 on aggregate courtesy of their first leg 3-1 win in Portugal.

As for the UCL, with precious few points earned in the second legs across the board, the groups have finished as follows:

Group 1

Almost unbelievable - apart from two separate single points in the second night of the first legs, not a single point has since been scored across the entire group. This means that burnsieespana tops the group and qualifies for the semi-finals as group champion. Incredibly, blueeagle, gerry_us and TheFatGooner go into a three-way tie-break to decide who qualifies in second place. From TheFatGooner's perspective, remarkable because three of his four second leg picks were invalid, but none would have scored even if they were.

Group 2

This one was a little more clear cut, with RSCOSWORTH getting his second spot-on with the Atletico Madrid 0 Man City 0 result, to finish comfortably top on 7pts. Yours truly (wessex_exile) only just held on to the second qualification place with the same result as an outcome to finish on 3pts, but at Liverpool 3 Benfica 1 Tropical_Us was going through instead. As it turned out, it was the group wooden spoon on 1pt, with BFG finishing on 2pts to take the 3rd place in the group.

So, congratulations to those already qualified, but that does leave us with a massive tie-break situation from Group 1.

blueeagle, gerry_us and TheFatGooner, I need your tie-break predictions for the official (BBC reported) attendance at the Exeter v U's game on Good Friday. You can post them here, or PM me, whatever you prefer, but you cannot match any of the other two. Nearest to the correct attendance (above or below) goes through. Please also bear in mind that I'm travelling down for this game, so will have limited internet access from early Friday morning, so the sooner you get them in the better.

If there's still a tie after that, you're all witches and need to be burned at the stake...and I'll have to come up with something else to decide who qualifies.

Good luck all three!

Surely as being the only person to manage a 3-pointer, and I got two of them as well, I should automatically be awarded the trophy with no need for any further rounds?

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 22:07 - Apr 14 with 447 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 21:38 - Apr 14 by RSCOSWORTH

Surely as being the only person to manage a 3-pointer, and I got two of them as well, I should automatically be awarded the trophy with no need for any further rounds?

LOL, a bit like after thrashing Wealdstone 6-2 we should have immediately been awarded the FA Cup? I wish, but sadly doesn't work that way I'm afraid

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 18:35 - Apr 15 with 418 viewswessex_exile

With another no-show from TheFatGooner for the tie-break, and with an official recorded attendance of 7,549 (so much for a sell-out in the home stands), gerry_us wins the tiebreak with an attendance prediction of 8,010, 461 off the actual attendance. Commiserations to blueeagle for missing out, but if I'm honest, based on the Exeter City PR hype prematch, I actually thought his prediction of 8,255 looked good.

The four semi-final qualifiers are thus RSCOSWORTH, burnsieespana, wessex_exile and gerry_us. I therefore hand over to mfb_cufc to announce the semi-final draw when he's ready.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 18:45 - Apr 15 with 412 viewsblueeagle

Good luck to everyone still in it.
U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 17:32 - Apr 19 with 361 viewsRSCOSWORTH

U'sual Champions League 2022 - Quarter-finals on 22:07 - Apr 14 by wessex_exile

LOL, a bit like after thrashing Wealdstone 6-2 we should have immediately been awarded the FA Cup? I wish, but sadly doesn't work that way I'm afraid

Probably not but it was enough for Durham to want a statue of Bonne outside the stadium!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024