Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? 10:14 - Apr 10 with 7044 viewsTalkingSutty

The number crunchers inside the club would be able to work out how much revenue was gained through season ticket sales last season so they could probably estimate how much we would lose by giving season tickets away for free to the younger fans just for this upcoming season.

At a time when bills and living costs are soaring it could be the ideal time to attempt to speculate to accumulate. Target every school in the Borough,really push recruitment for the new singing section and the great work being done in Studds Bar pre- match to accommodate the junior fans. Utilise the advertisement boards around the town and the local media. Set up sale kiosks in local supermarkets, people love a free giveaway. Maybe put six adult half price match tickets in each season ticket to entice their parents along.

Extra revenue made on programmes/ matchday catering/ club shop etc might even cover the initial loss of the season ticket revenue...and I would hazard a guess that the money made on those season tickets isn’t as significant as we think anyway. Just a idea.
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 10:30 - Apr 10 with 4974 views442Dale

It’s hopefully something the club have recognised as really important. Free season tickets for u11s and maybe a reduction to £20 for u16s? Good idea about the vouchers too.

Of course we may have to charge an admin fee for those… Which takes us back to 2016 when an ex member of the board could neither understand or accept the principles of supporters who chose not to pay a fee for a ‘free’ season ticket, they didn’t like being shown up you see.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 11:47 - Apr 10 with 4883 viewsJames1980

https://www.footballtradedirectory.com/first-in-the-uk-wycombe-wanderers-offers- on the subject of season tickets, perhaps something like this could be worth considering.

Also one of the offers some rail networks have is an accompanied child flat fare. Where an adult can take ip to 4 under 16s with them for £2 each.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 12:03 - Apr 10 with 4859 viewsNorthernDale

Some good ideas, did we not have a system some time ago, in which the unemployed gain entry on a reduced rate? The only question i would have is, 'what if a person got a reduced or free season ticket, what would happen if they gained employment'? I am in favour of a system, in which a person could produce proof of claiming UC to claim a free ticket on a game by game basis. In respect to children, I would also go through the schools, with a free adult and child ticket based on so many tickets per school, per game, with the school deciding who gets a ticket (with hopefully a preference 50% of the tickets going to those from poor families and 50% being allocated according to the schools own system).

One thing we must reintroduce is at least one cash paying turnstile for each stand, because I know some fans are fed up going for a ticket first (waiting for the staff to process the system), before entering the ground, especially in poor weather conditions.
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 12:29 - Apr 10 with 4804 viewsHullDale

One thing that was really noticeable at Forest Green was how many kids they had there - there was one block in the main stand that looked like a school trip out. They also didn't stop singing throughout the whole game.

I really hope we can do something similar to encourage kids to attend, and hopefully bring families too. Free tickets for kids, a 'school of the month' where we give the entire school a free adult & kid ticket for every home game that month (& maybe have them as flag bearers before kick off too), a proactive mail shot to families receiving UC, free tickets distributed to all food banks so people can get a couple of tickets as well as other support. IMO we have a duty to spread a bit of goodwill and happiness around the community at a time when (a) we need their support and (b) the world is a bit of a grim place.

I'm sure there will be loads of ideas floating around for next season, but even getting back to the basics with the new commercial team in place will help... proper rewards monthly for reward card holders, proactive engagement with sponsors, 'brand rochdale' being really visible. The club is being rebuilt top to bottom, so there has never been a better chance to really do things right.
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 12:43 - Apr 10 with 4771 views442Dale

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 12:03 - Apr 10 by NorthernDale

Some good ideas, did we not have a system some time ago, in which the unemployed gain entry on a reduced rate? The only question i would have is, 'what if a person got a reduced or free season ticket, what would happen if they gained employment'? I am in favour of a system, in which a person could produce proof of claiming UC to claim a free ticket on a game by game basis. In respect to children, I would also go through the schools, with a free adult and child ticket based on so many tickets per school, per game, with the school deciding who gets a ticket (with hopefully a preference 50% of the tickets going to those from poor families and 50% being allocated according to the schools own system).

One thing we must reintroduce is at least one cash paying turnstile for each stand, because I know some fans are fed up going for a ticket first (waiting for the staff to process the system), before entering the ground, especially in poor weather conditions.

The response to the question about cash turnstiles being asked by the Trust when they met the board was disappointing. If nothing else they could trial it for the last couple of home games to analyse it.

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 12:44 - Apr 10 with 4763 viewskel

It would be good if the club scrapped the policy where they only make 100 season tickets available for kids for the main stand when there are loads of empty seats every game. Whoever made that one up (reckon we could all guess) must have been smoking something strong that day.
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 12:49 - Apr 10 with 4748 viewsJames1980

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 12:43 - Apr 10 by 442Dale

The response to the question about cash turnstiles being asked by the Trust when they met the board was disappointing. If nothing else they could trial it for the last couple of home games to analyse it.

What is the reason for not having cash turnstiles? Seems daft when they are staffed anyway.

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 13:20 - Apr 10 with 4676 viewsDalenet

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 11:47 - Apr 10 by James1980

https://www.footballtradedirectory.com/first-in-the-uk-wycombe-wanderers-offers- on the subject of season tickets, perhaps something like this could be worth considering.

Also one of the offers some rail networks have is an accompanied child flat fare. Where an adult can take ip to 4 under 16s with them for £2 each.

Love this idea by Wycombe James. What a simple idea. Just imagine if we sold an adult ticket for £29 a month by direct debit. The true income to the club would be higher, the fans would spread the cost and make it more affordable, and very few would then look to pay per game. And it would mean the club has consistent income every month of the year.

Brilliant.

And Yes kids for a quid with every adult would be great. We've done something similar before
Login to get fewer ads

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 13:31 - Apr 10 with 4639 views442Dale

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 12:49 - Apr 10 by James1980

What is the reason for not having cash turnstiles? Seems daft when they are staffed anyway.

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2022/04/meeting-with-the-board-3/

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 14:20 - Apr 10 with 4550 viewsJames1980

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 13:31 - Apr 10 by 442Dale

https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2022/04/meeting-with-the-board-3/

Cheers 442, the response to the question about cash turnstiles doesn't explain why they got rid of them in the first place or the benefits of not having them.

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 14:50 - Apr 10 with 4517 viewsboromat

I think it's been a long time since we've had it but it'd be great to reintroduce a student reduced price, even if it was only available in the Pearl Street or something. Targeting the 16 to 25s might help with the atmosphere/singing section as well.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 14:52 - Apr 10 with 4511 viewsTVOS1907

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 14:20 - Apr 10 by James1980

Cheers 442, the response to the question about cash turnstiles doesn't explain why they got rid of them in the first place or the benefits of not having them.

Tbf, James, "they" didn't.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 15:10 - Apr 10 with 4474 views442Dale

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 14:52 - Apr 10 by TVOS1907

Tbf, James, "they" didn't.

Which makes it even stranger that the current board don’t want to at least look at whether that decision was correct.

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 15:58 - Apr 10 with 4399 viewsDaleiLama

Iirc, there's a working group on next year's STs. Hope they check out this thread and that more constructive suggestions are made in it. Love the idea of making it free for younglings. What's to lose when we have home crowds around 2k/game? Great idea to incentivise accompanying adults too.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 16:53 - Apr 10 with 4311 viewsHullDale

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 15:10 - Apr 10 by 442Dale

Which makes it even stranger that the current board don’t want to at least look at whether that decision was correct.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bottomley signed a contract for XX years with that Future Ticketing firm that means we can't have cash turnstiles.

Maybe something like 'all matchday tickets for 3/4 years have to go through Future Ticketing' - they'll then take a commission.

That's the only reason I can see we CAN sell on matchdays but ONLY through the computer in the ticket office.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2022 17:05]
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 17:55 - Apr 10 with 4173 viewsJames1980

Q: Would it also be possible to have a selection of real ale for sale in the bars?
A: At this moment in time, it would not be possible to do this due to the frequency that the bars are open.

Perhaps a polypin of a different local ale each home game in the main bar surely we could sale 36 pints of ale on a matchday no problem.

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 18:27 - Apr 10 with 4112 viewsboromat

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 17:55 - Apr 10 by James1980

Q: Would it also be possible to have a selection of real ale for sale in the bars?
A: At this moment in time, it would not be possible to do this due to the frequency that the bars are open.

Perhaps a polypin of a different local ale each home game in the main bar surely we could sale 36 pints of ale on a matchday no problem.

I think if the bar opens up more regularly during the week on none match days it might make more sense.

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 07:48 - Apr 11 with 3875 viewsRAFCBLUE

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 18:27 - Apr 10 by boromat

I think if the bar opens up more regularly during the week on none match days it might make more sense.

I think you are right there on needing a regular throughput to maintain a good quality real ale.

Real ale goes off (like all other foods) and this is a good article on why that is:
https://www.firestonebeer.com/does-beer-expire/

In our case, the Ratcliffe doesn't open midweek or even on Thursday or Friday nights for a few hours. You need a decent level of throughput to keep good real ale fresh.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 07:52 - Apr 11 with 3862 viewskel

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 18:27 - Apr 10 by boromat

I used to pop into the Dale Bar after work during the week when Patrick ran it, and apart from a few blokes playing cards it was dead and wasn’t worth opening up after paying for electricity etc.
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 08:58 - Apr 11 with 3824 viewsblackdogblue

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 07:52 - Apr 11 by kel

I used to pop into the Dale Bar after work during the week when Patrick ran it, and apart from a few blokes playing cards it was dead and wasn’t worth opening up after paying for electricity etc.

Aye me to.. spent a fortune on that bingo machine..

He made no secret he didn't want to do it as made more selling tea & coffee at functions so slowly started closing some days until completely.

The problem is there are no windows so the place was like the officers club in Porridge..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 09:37 - Apr 11 with 3793 viewspioneer

Agree with sentiment butthink it should be based on free junior tickets with purchase of adult ticket.

That way we get some income and also ensure there is someone at least nominally responsible for the youngsters.
Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 10:04 - Apr 11 with 3763 views442Dale

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 09:37 - Apr 11 by pioneer

Agree with sentiment butthink it should be based on free junior tickets with purchase of adult ticket.

That way we get some income and also ensure there is someone at least nominally responsible for the youngsters.

I doubt anyone has bought an u11 season ticket (or got it free) and not ensured the child has someone to go to the game with. There will be some who will have got the free kids tickets in the past with the intention of going to a few games a season - the attraction of the season tickets meaning an adult has attended games they may not have previously.

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 17:05 - Apr 11 with 3582 viewsboromat

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 07:52 - Apr 11 by kel

Yes I think if it is going to open up as a regular pub there'd have to be alot done to bring in the punters. Real Ale might be one of those but probably won't be enough. They can obviously show Sky Sports which can help.

Might be one of those things that just needs to be trialled see how it goes.

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 17:10 - Apr 11 with 3576 viewsRAFCBLUE

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 17:05 - Apr 11 by boromat

Yes I think if it is going to open up as a regular pub there'd have to be alot done to bring in the punters. Real Ale might be one of those but probably won't be enough. They can obviously show Sky Sports which can help.

Might be one of those things that just needs to be trialled see how it goes.

Could the option be to open some days but not every single day?

Saturdays - Football?
Tuesday night matches?
Thursday night?
Friday night?

And would people use it?

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Free Season Tickets for under 16yrs and unemployed? on 17:21 - Apr 11 with 3562 viewsboromat

https://bar-27.com/

This is what's been done at Macclesfield for example. If the club has any contacts still might be worth seeing if it's working. They've obviously invested quite a bit to bring it up to the modern era. Sell some decent beer and also do food. Very much set up as a sports bar showing all the live sports. It's open 7 days a week.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024