Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to prevail against the Exiles this evening in the Principality 16:35 - Apr 22 with 2027 viewsdurham_exile

League Two safety assured for another season (with three games to spare) after a handsome win over the Bantams on Easter Monday who chickened out of the contest and were definitely on the beach. That said of course we cannot overlook a 3-0 home win which has been as rare as hen’s teeth this season.

Mark Hughes was fuming and of course is looking to rebuild Bradford City for a promotion challenge next season.

Colchester have dispensed with Jon De Souza’s services but he has wasted no time in joining Charlton Athletic.

So, what now for WB. Will RC give him the job on a permanent basis. We wait out to see.

League Table:

FGR 42 82
Exeter 42 77
PV 43 75
Northampton 43 73
Bristol R 43 73
Sutton 42 70
Tranmere 43 69
Mansfield 42 69
Salford 43 66
Newport 43 66
Swindon 42 65
Crawley 42 60
Orient 43 55
Hartlepool 43 53
Rochdale 43 50
Walsall 43 50
Carlisle 43 50
Bradford 43 39
COL U 43 48
Harrogate 43 47
Barrow 42 41
Stevenage 42 41
Oldham 43 37
Scunny 43 25 R

Tonight, we travel to Rodney Parade to do battle with the Exiles.

The current top 11 sides can potentially all feature in the Play Offs and that includes the Exiles although their recent wretched run of 4 points from 21 has seen them slump badly and defeat to the Super U’s tonight will put paid to their hopes for another season.

I would like to see FGR, Exeter and PV go up automatically with Sutton as the play off winners. Our Record against the Gander Green Lane outfit is abysmal this season, so get rid of them to League One for a season.

Oldham unfortunately look favourites to join Scunny in Non-League but I would prefer to see Stevenage go down. Our lamentable performance against the Boro has probably allowed them to stay up sadly.

Crewe, Doncaster, Wimbledon and Fleetwood will give me three more grounds to visit next season once again and with Stockport and Parky’s Wrexham to be promoted there will be potentially 15 Away games for me next season, bring it on. I haven’t been to either ground for years so it will be good to become reacquainted with the Racecourse and Edgeley Park.

Of course, if Wimbledon are relegated, we must have a great chance of securing Corie Andrews’ services (even though WB doesn’t like him) and if we can prise Owura Edwards from Bristol City then that would be simply great.

Now I have given up imploring WB to play Big John. He clearly didn’t sign him and has little interest in playing him.

So, the following will line up for the U’s in South Wales tonight.

George

Tchamadeu Chambers Smith Kenlock

Skuse Wiredu

Judge Huws Chilvers

Sears

Subs

Hornby MWH Akinde Wright Edwards Hannant Eastman

Weather in Pembrokeshire tonight will be 11 degrees Celsius, dry and sunshine prior to kick off.

Safe travelling to the faithful.

Enjoy the match

Don’t forget it is again on iFollow.

Scoreline 2-1 to the Super U’s

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Exiles this evening in the Principality on 07:57 - Apr 23 with 713 viewswessex_exile

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61115617

Reading James Rowberry’s post-match comments, I’m wondering if he was watching the same game I was?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to prevail against the Exiles this evening in the Principality on 10:52 - Apr 23 with 658 viewsgerry_us

Who would have imagined a few weeks ago after the worst first half of U's football I think I have ever seen at Scunthorpe that now we would have double their points total.
Someone explain it to me please?
Super U's to prevail against the Exiles this evening in the Principality on 14:58 - Apr 25 with 557 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Exiles this evening in the Principality on 10:52 - Apr 23 by gerry_us

Who would have imagined a few weeks ago after the worst first half of U's football I think I have ever seen at Scunthorpe that now we would have double their points total.
Someone explain it to me please?

Gerry apologies I have only just read your message.

Since that infamous game against Scunny when we were truly awful in the first 60 minutes and then were brilliant for 20 we have played 8 games winning four and losing four.

Two defeats came against FGR and Bristol Rovers, very tight affairs and both 1-0 defeats but with a little more luck we could have sneaked two draws.

Then two victories Tranmere 1-0 and Harrogate 2-1. Having reached 45 points I am convinced that several players decide that they were "on the beach" and we proceeded to lose the next two, a truly awful results against Stevenage and setting up too defensively at Exeter where we also lost 2-0.

A kick up the backside was administered and we deservedly thrashed Bradford 3-0 before a thoroughly deserved win at Newport 2-1.

Result 51 points and safety although Oldham's demise has meant that the 45 points would have been enough.

However we are finishing the season strongly and I am hoping that at least another 4 points will be added to the tally.

More importantly we actually played with two strikers second half at Rodney Parade and look at the difference.

Brendan Wiredu and Noah Chilvers also played in more advanced positions which added to the attacking intent.

It is all about next season and securing a top seven finish.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Exiles this evening in the Principality on 15:09 - Apr 25 with 553 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to prevail against the Exiles this evening in the Principality on 14:58 - Apr 25 by durham_exile

Gerry apologies I have only just read your message.

Since that infamous game against Scunny when we were truly awful in the first 60 minutes and then were brilliant for 20 we have played 8 games winning four and losing four.

Two defeats came against FGR and Bristol Rovers, very tight affairs and both 1-0 defeats but with a little more luck we could have sneaked two draws.

Then two victories Tranmere 1-0 and Harrogate 2-1. Having reached 45 points I am convinced that several players decide that they were "on the beach" and we proceeded to lose the next two, a truly awful results against Stevenage and setting up too defensively at Exeter where we also lost 2-0.

A kick up the backside was administered and we deservedly thrashed Bradford 3-0 before a thoroughly deserved win at Newport 2-1.

Result 51 points and safety although Oldham's demise has meant that the 45 points would have been enough.

However we are finishing the season strongly and I am hoping that at least another 4 points will be added to the tally.

More importantly we actually played with two strikers second half at Rodney Parade and look at the difference.

Brendan Wiredu and Noah Chilvers also played in more advanced positions which added to the attacking intent.

It is all about next season and securing a top seven finish.

Up the U's

Top seven?
That's a bit conservative init?
Super U's to prevail against the Exiles this evening in the Principality on 17:53 - Apr 25 with 527 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Exiles this evening in the Principality on 15:09 - Apr 25 by gerry_us

Top seven?
That's a bit conservative init?

Well top three would be brilliant but after the last two seasons top seven would be out of this world!

Translating current form over 46 league games is the aim. We are about 25 points short of where we need to be about 8 more victories will do next year.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Exiles this evening in the Principality on 18:42 - Apr 25 with 520 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Exiles this evening in the Principality on 17:53 - Apr 25 by durham_exile

Well top three would be brilliant but after the last two seasons top seven would be out of this world!

Translating current form over 46 league games is the aim. We are about 25 points short of where we need to be about 8 more victories will do next year.

Up the U's

Last 11 games we've won 6, drawn 1 and lost 4, and you're right, for the defeats against FGR and Bristol Rovers we were unlucky not to get a point in each. Even on the results as they stand, that's an average of 1.73 per match, or 79-80 points over a season, so don't think your top 7 aspiration is too wide of the mark to be honest. Of course, sustaining that average over a 46-game season would be a tough ask, but not unrealistic.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to prevail against the Exiles this evening in the Principality on 22:29 - Apr 25 with 489 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to prevail against the Exiles this evening in the Principality on 18:42 - Apr 25 by wessex_exile

Last 11 games we've won 6, drawn 1 and lost 4, and you're right, for the defeats against FGR and Bristol Rovers we were unlucky not to get a point in each. Even on the results as they stand, that's an average of 1.73 per match, or 79-80 points over a season, so don't think your top 7 aspiration is too wide of the mark to be honest. Of course, sustaining that average over a 46-game season would be a tough ask, but not unrealistic.

Wessex - each season I start with great optimism and towards the end of this one despite our poor mid season results, I see great potential for next season.

Of course clinging onto Noah Chilvers and Brendan Wiredu and Shamal George is going to be tough.

Chilvers is becoming a superb player (perhaps one of the best that Colchester has ever produced) and Wiredu is strong and powerful when going forward and George (although when he arrived he got negative comments from some miserable Carlisle fans) has become a firm favourite with the faithful.

If the club can hold onto all three or even two of these gems then that augurs well for next year. Chilvers must be worth about £1.5m of anyone's money but can we persuade him to stay for a promotion season to League One.

One thing is sure RC has a decision to make soon regarding WB et al.

The sooner the decision is made the sooner we can get some transfer business done.

In the meantime bring on the Saddlers and the Monkey Hangers.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024