Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dean Gerken 15:36 - Apr 27 with 864 viewsRSCOSWORTH

When it comes to football I'm generally pretty sentimental and, if his body is up to it, I'd like to see Gerken get some minutes on the pitch on Saturday. He's been a very good keeper for us over two spells and it's a shame that physically he's been unable to be more involved this season. I always thought it was a pretty poor that Walker didn't get the chance to get a proper send off as he didn't play in the last two games of his final season.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Dean Gerken on 18:13 - Apr 27 with 821 viewsbwildered

Perhaps a wander around the pitch would be sufficient. With a couple of games to go league debuts will now be the vogue because this aids the academy funds, but suggest the following should get some experience.

Youngsters Gene Kennedy, Ted Collins, Frankie Terry and Kaan Bennett have signed new contracts at Colchester United.
All four have been rewarded for their performances across the past season or two, and have extended their time at the club with new contracts ahead of the summer break.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Dean Gerken on 23:50 - Apr 27 with 774 viewsburnsieespana

I agree about Dean but heard he is certainly in no got state to play even 10 minutes as a substitute, sadly really how his chronic back problems have reduced him to a shadow of what we all remember.
Dean Gerken on 11:04 - Apr 28 with 740 viewsnoah4x4

We ended November 2021 with considerable hope. We had thumped Sudbury 0-4 (FAC) and drawn with Ipswich in the EFL Cup (0-0) but lost on penalties, but beaten top team Exeter, and drawn with Newport in the league and beaten Swindon (EFL Cup). We sat in 17th place above Mansfield.

Then on December 11th, Walsall ripped us to pieces (3-0) at the 'Bescot/Banks' Stadium which, from today, is being renamed the 'Poundland Bescot' Stadium. It was arguably our worst performance of the season and could easily have been 5-0. That dismal day, we dropped to 20th and the Saddlers rose to 12th in the table. There then followed five consecutive dismal defeats for the U's leading to the sacking of Hayden Mullins and despair for the fans. The visit to Walsall was hence a defining moment in our season, the day that the Mullins/Humes wheels completely fell off and teams worked us out.

Today, Walsall are merely two points ahead of the U's, and a win Saturday to hence overtake them will offer a measure of our subsequent progress (and their demise), albeit that Joss Labadie, the Saddler's influential Captain has been ruled out for nine months due to an ACL injury.

By all means let us give Deano a pre-season testimonial (versus Ipswich) or celebrate his career in some other way, but he is not in the current match day squad for a reason. Let's not risk unfit players when the season's business is unfinished. A third consecutive win will make a real statement. Four in the trot at Hartlepool, just sensational.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024