Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1st retained list incoming 09:56 - May 3 with 3294 viewsAllBlueDale

Morecambe didn't hang about...

https://www.morecambefc.com/news/2022/may/retained-list-announced/
1st retained list incoming on 10:40 - May 3 with 3164 viewsNigeriamark

Interesting. So basically they are aiming to keep just 8 players with 10 more that they are trying to ship out + 5 released. That's what you call an end of season clear out!!! Would we want to cut that deep? No objections from me if we let a fair number go as long as we have some lined up
1st retained list incoming on 11:15 - May 3 with 3093 viewsYorkshire_Dale

1st retained list incoming on 10:40 - May 3 by Nigeriamark

Interesting. So basically they are aiming to keep just 8 players with 10 more that they are trying to ship out + 5 released. That's what you call an end of season clear out!!! Would we want to cut that deep? No objections from me if we let a fair number go as long as we have some lined up

I hope our lot are ruthless in the "cut" . RS must know that we have been pretty abysmal all season and several players are not up to it.

No room for sentiment "good in the dressing room" or "does fantastic in the local community"........we are a Football Club not a social club. We pay good money to see good football nowt else, simples.

Awaits Maestro usual tick down.......go for it lad.
1st retained list incoming on 12:26 - May 3 with 2962 views49thseason

1st retained list incoming on 11:15 - May 3 by Yorkshire_Dale

I hope our lot are ruthless in the "cut" . RS must know that we have been pretty abysmal all season and several players are not up to it.

No room for sentiment "good in the dressing room" or "does fantastic in the local community"........we are a Football Club not a social club. We pay good money to see good football nowt else, simples.

Awaits Maestro usual tick down.......go for it lad.

As ever it will be the cost / benefit analysis that will decide the fate of a fair few of our current squad. Can they be replaced by a better player for similar (or perhaps less) money. Since you need a squad of players, are they good enough and cheap enough to provide cover for a player who will be an automatic choice barring injury?

There are a lot of moving parts when you look at loans, players from the Academy, the results of scouting in the lower leagues, the possibility of contracted players being put on the transfer list and not going, and the input of agents.

You would hope that some targets have been identified, but there also needs to be room for someone like Kelly arriving unexpectedly or someone hanging on hoping for a better offer and not getting one. All this, and only a few weeks to stitch it all together.
1st retained list incoming on 12:54 - May 3 with 2851 viewsSuddenLad

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2022/may/retained-list-2022/

Clear out includes Ebanks-Landell.

[Post edited 3 May 2022 12:55]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

1st retained list incoming on 13:57 - May 3 with 2701 views49thseason

1st retained list incoming on 12:54 - May 3 by SuddenLad

https://www.shrewsburytown.com/news/2022/may/retained-list-2022/

Clear out includes Ebanks-Landell.

[Post edited 3 May 2022 12:55]

The Shrews fans seem to have mixed feelings about letting EEL go they seem to think they were better defensively with him in but he has been out with injuries (hip I think) a lot too. He is the sort of big unit you need in L2 but the injury would be a deal breaker if it can't be sorted over the summer.
1st retained list incoming on 14:24 - May 3 with 2636 viewsAtThePeake

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/285244/released-players-th

Tangled up in blue.

1st retained list incoming on 15:49 - May 3 with 2458 viewsrichfoad32

1st retained list incoming on 13:57 - May 3 by 49thseason

The Shrews fans seem to have mixed feelings about letting EEL go they seem to think they were better defensively with him in but he has been out with injuries (hip I think) a lot too. He is the sort of big unit you need in L2 but the injury would be a deal breaker if it can't be sorted over the summer.

I was always impressed with his fellow centre half Aaron Pierre who's also been released by the Shrews, especially when he was at Wycombe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024