Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wenger at it again 20:52 - Jun 13 with 2189 viewspioneer

Kick ins instead of throw ins.

Couldnt they find him a good occupational therapist in the old football managers home he occupies at FIFA house? Supposedly part of a plan to speed up the game! Has he seen how long it takes to take a free kick these days.

The bloke has lost his marbles.

Think we need a fit and proper test for FIFA advisors.
Wenger at it again on 21:02 - Jun 13 with 2151 viewsjudd

Take throw ins from the correct place would be radical

Poll: What is it to be then?

Wenger at it again on 21:06 - Jun 13 with 2139 viewsleedsdale

They trialled this back in the 90s in the Ryman League when I see to watch my then home-town team Wokingham Town. It was sacked off after one season - the games weren’t noticeably quicker and just became a bit of a nonsense where every kick-in was just launched into the box. Obviously a very different level, but I think results would be pretty similar
Wenger at it again on 21:18 - Jun 13 with 2116 viewsboromat

Bring back multi ball?

Actually punish time wasting stringently?

Kick ins just means free kicks and surely that slows the game further in a lot of instances with teams organising themselves in and around the box.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Wenger at it again on 21:35 - Jun 13 with 2079 views442Dale

The way I read it was the intention to make the game quicker by saying they could use a kick-in if taken within five seconds. This would rule out the ‘free-kick’ option of getting loads forward.

Still rubbish though.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Wenger at it again on 06:52 - Jun 14 with 1890 viewsseasidedale

They could speed up throw ins by having the nearest player has to take it and within so many seconds
Wenger at it again on 07:18 - Jun 14 with 1872 viewselectricblue

How about nailing players for time wasting also its about time when there is a corner kick the ball is actually placed within the quardant..
Also stop players from harrasing the ref on decisions as that it blantant time wasti g aswell..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Wenger at it again on 14:08 - Jun 14 with 1624 viewsdavidab2202

Wenger at it again on 21:35 - Jun 13 by 442Dale

The way I read it was the intention to make the game quicker by saying they could use a kick-in if taken within five seconds. This would rule out the ‘free-kick’ option of getting loads forward.

Still rubbish though.

I read it like you that as well, so a 5 second window would mean that the nearest player would take the kick-in which would stop the ball being passed through a few pair of hands before it is back in play as can occur now.
Another thought which may be one too far but at my advanced age I play walking football and we use "kick-ins" but you can only take one step before kicking ball which may also mean the use of "kick-ins" used as big free kicks could be reduced.
Wenger at it again on 19:50 - Jun 14 with 1517 viewspioneer

There is nothing wrong with the laws of the game which have endured for over 150 years but in recent years there has been increasing tinkering around by the old boys of the IFB or whatever its called. Done no doubt to justify their existence and to give them something to do at their meetings.

The problem football has faced/faces is in the laws of game being applied accurately and consistently.

Football’s popularity worldwide has been its simplicity. Its takes a ‘professor’ like Wenger to complicate it for everyone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024