Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scunny 11:08 - Jul 18 with 13412 viewselectricblue

With the intense heat we are currently trying to cope with over the next few days, i wonder if the scunny game might be cancelled due to the excessive heat.......

Makes a change from the usual like waterlogged, ice and snow..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Scunny on 19:08 - Jul 19 with 4777 viewsspringfieldparka

Scunny on 18:53 - Jul 19 by isitme

Good to see Ebanks-Landell starting which should quell some of the injury concerns. It looks 352 with two strikers and a good balance of a sitter, a passer and an a forward minded midfielder.

Oscar Kelly on the bench is a surprise. I thought he was only 15, quite a promotion.

Isn't that Brad Kelly , goalkeeper ?
Scunny on 19:10 - Jul 19 with 4753 viewsspringfieldparka

Scunny on 18:53 - Jul 19 by isitme

Good to see Ebanks-Landell starting which should quell some of the injury concerns. It looks 352 with two strikers and a good balance of a sitter, a passer and an a forward minded midfielder.

Oscar Kelly on the bench is a surprise. I thought he was only 15, quite a promotion.

Sorry , just re-read it and realised there are two Kelly.s on the bench !
Scunny on 19:11 - Jul 19 with 4739 views442Dale

Scunny on 19:05 - Jul 19 by isitme

Get another right sided centre back and maybe a left wing back and you are probably not far wrong.

Yeah, interesting Graham starting when many thought he may be surplus to requirements but it could be all down to how many minutes he’s had so far. Would think Taylor starts on the right of the three and Keohane will take LWB. The wild card could be whether Odoh plays that side as we look to have shifted to three in midfield and the wider forwards won’t be employed, moving more emphasis to the wing backs. If Odoh can find some end product, he could excel there as his work rate to get back is very good.

We probably do want more recruits, but there’s no rush now.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2022 19:12]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scunny on 19:13 - Jul 19 with 4713 viewsspringfieldparka

Scunny on 18:48 - Jul 19 by boromat

Just a point of interest does anyone know if Jordan Scanlon is with the youth team in Portugal as he seems not involved in the pre-season friendlies having just signed his first pro contract ?
Scunny on 19:20 - Jul 19 with 4663 viewsseasidedale

Scunny on 19:10 - Jul 19 by springfieldparka

Sorry , just re-read it and realised there are two Kelly.s on the bench !

Think I read somewhere, think it was his school who put a Twitter out saying he is the first pupil to be offered pro term, could be scholar when he reaches 16, be suprised if it was full pro, think you have to be 17 for that
Scunny on 19:30 - Jul 19 with 4610 viewsisitme

Scunny on 19:11 - Jul 19 by 442Dale

Yeah, interesting Graham starting when many thought he may be surplus to requirements but it could be all down to how many minutes he’s had so far. Would think Taylor starts on the right of the three and Keohane will take LWB. The wild card could be whether Odoh plays that side as we look to have shifted to three in midfield and the wider forwards won’t be employed, moving more emphasis to the wing backs. If Odoh can find some end product, he could excel there as his work rate to get back is very good.

We probably do want more recruits, but there’s no rush now.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2022 19:12]

I remember one home game last season where Odoh put in a decent spell at wing back. If the defensive part of his game improved, especially his positioning for the role he could be a decent option.

The lack of wide forwards makes the Sinclair signing a little strange to me, but I suppose it gives a different option from the norm.
Scunny on 19:34 - Jul 19 with 4574 views442Dale

Scunny on 19:30 - Jul 19 by isitme

I remember one home game last season where Odoh put in a decent spell at wing back. If the defensive part of his game improved, especially his positioning for the role he could be a decent option.

The lack of wide forwards makes the Sinclair signing a little strange to me, but I suppose it gives a different option from the norm.

Would hope we have more flexibility to change mid-game next season. Bring a sub on to go to a midfield two or even removing a central defender so we can go 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 would be moving forward. Diagouraga is key as we could get away with an attacking 4-4-2 if he can shield the defence a la Cavanagh.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scunny on 20:47 - Jul 19 with 4162 viewsHullDale

1-0. Kelly direct free kick.
Login to get fewer ads

Scunny on 20:51 - Jul 19 with 4123 viewsrafc1984

2 up Sinclair
[Post edited 19 Jul 2022 20:53]
Scunny on 20:55 - Jul 19 with 4085 viewsrafc1984

2-1
Scunny on 20:59 - Jul 19 with 4020 viewsrafc1984

3-1
Scunny on 21:16 - Jul 19 with 3797 viewsrafc1984

4-1 up
Scunny on 22:14 - Jul 19 with 3241 viewsboromat

Good to see us score a few goals. Hopefully a nice little confidence booster. Port Vale for a real test now before the first game.

Still hoping to get 2 more loan players in.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2022 22:27]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Scunny on 00:36 - Jul 20 with 2876 viewsSuddenLad

Scunny on 20:32 - Jul 18 by DaleiLama

Prepared for the season.

There are professional athletes riding from late morning to 5ish non-stop in almost 40 degrees of heat in France at the moment. It's why athletes train and why I'm sure we'll have someone monitoring hydration. Even if a player gets the full 90, there'll be a water break midway through each half and the HT break plus ample substitution opportunities. I'd be astonished if there's a heart attack or heat exhaustion.

I'm sure all clubs consider very carefully what the heat risks are and follow strict guidelines.

The summer of 1976 had 15 consecutive days of temperatures between 32 and 35.9 degrees. (89.6 degrees to 96.6 degrees 'in old money). Those who were there will remember it well.

Reservoirs and water courses dried up, the water companies sited water bowsers in populated areas, where queues formed of people carrying buckets so that they could have water. Fortunately, our nearest one was directly opposite our house !! Standpipes were set up elsewhere with the same result. Massive, orderly queues.

The advice then was as relevant as it is now:

Wear a hat, keep well hydrated, stay out of direct sunlight and get some cream on exposed areas. And as the advert used to say, 'Save water. Shower with a friend'.

The loss of life of young people swimming in rivers, canals, lakes and in open water is still a massive problem, which seems to get worse year on year, despite warnings in schools and on TV and by the water's edge. 10 fatalities in the last 7 days. A tragedy for all those concerned.

Common sense goes a long way.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Scunny on 09:30 - Jul 20 with 2419 viewsDaleiLama

Scunny on 00:36 - Jul 20 by SuddenLad

I'm sure all clubs consider very carefully what the heat risks are and follow strict guidelines.

The summer of 1976 had 15 consecutive days of temperatures between 32 and 35.9 degrees. (89.6 degrees to 96.6 degrees 'in old money). Those who were there will remember it well.

Reservoirs and water courses dried up, the water companies sited water bowsers in populated areas, where queues formed of people carrying buckets so that they could have water. Fortunately, our nearest one was directly opposite our house !! Standpipes were set up elsewhere with the same result. Massive, orderly queues.

Wear a hat, keep well hydrated, stay out of direct sunlight and get some cream on exposed areas. And as the advert used to say, 'Save water. Shower with a friend'.

The loss of life of young people swimming in rivers, canals, lakes and in open water is still a massive problem, which seems to get worse year on year, despite warnings in schools and on TV and by the water's edge. 10 fatalities in the last 7 days. A tragedy for all those concerned.

My O level year. Cheesecloth shirts and cut off denim shorts. Sigh. I think they've taken common sense off the curriculum now?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Scunny on 09:34 - Jul 20 with 2401 viewsJames1980

Scunny on 00:36 - Jul 20 by SuddenLad

Common sense, is not very common

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Scunny on 10:23 - Jul 20 with 2254 viewsleedsdale

Couple of tidy finishes in there
Scunny on 15:17 - Jul 20 with 1673 viewsD_Dale

The water shortage of 1976 led prime minister Harold Wilson to a appoint a .minister for drought. Within a few days, rainfall was so heavy that the minister was rebranded as the minister for floods. (He was Denis Howell who in his younger life was a football referee):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Howell
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024