Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rodon to Rennes 10:45 - Jul 29 with 3923 viewsjackrmee

Loan with option to buy for £17m.
Will we get any of that?

Sounds like a good move for the lad. Hopefully he will get a regular place in the team.

https://www.teamtalk.com/tottenham-hotspur/joe-rodon-transfer-rennes-option-buy-
[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 10:47]

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Rodon to Rennes on 12:27 - Jul 29 with 3303 viewsReslovenSwan1

The fee was quoted a £11m rising to 15m on appearances. I presume the club will have covered the possibility of a sell on before reaching these appearance milestones and put in a sell on clause.

Perhaps 10-15% of the £6m excess fee? £600k -£900k perhaps. Speculation of course.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Rodon to Rennes on 14:26 - Jul 29 with 3218 viewsKilkennyjack

Had to get out and play.

Good luck Joe.

Beware of the Risen People

Rodon to Rennes on 14:49 - Jul 29 with 3190 viewshobo

Further confirms how terrible a sale that was when he can barely play for 2 years and still go for £6m more than we sold him for
Rodon to Rennes on 15:02 - Jul 29 with 3169 viewsjackrmee

Rodon to Rennes on 12:27 - Jul 29 by ReslovenSwan1

The fee was quoted a £11m rising to 15m on appearances. I presume the club will have covered the possibility of a sell on before reaching these appearance milestones and put in a sell on clause.

Perhaps 10-15% of the £6m excess fee? £600k -£900k perhaps. Speculation of course.

The link I posted quotes:
"Rennes will have a €20million (£16.7million) option to buy the centre-back next summer as part of the deal."

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Rodon to Rennes on 15:47 - Jul 29 with 3142 viewsReslovenSwan1

Rodon to Rennes on 14:49 - Jul 29 by hobo

Further confirms how terrible a sale that was when he can barely play for 2 years and still go for £6m more than we sold him for

This is nonsense. It was a decent deal. Fans were saying he is a £30m footballer but could not get in the team under 3 different managers. It did not play because he was not good enough to play for a top 6 team. The likes of Brighton and Southampton were not tempted either by the low fee. He has a lot to prove.

He has to perform brilliantly for Rennes to pay that fee, Swansea might in that case get a cut. All players increase in value after playing in the PL . Rodon s value has not increased much and Rennes are not taking the risk without a loan first.

Rodon to Rennes on 16:19 - Jul 29 with 3113 viewsKeithHaynes

Rodon to Rennes on 15:47 - Jul 29 by ReslovenSwan1

This is nonsense. It was a decent deal. Fans were saying he is a £30m footballer but could not get in the team under 3 different managers. It did not play because he was not good enough to play for a top 6 team. The likes of Brighton and Southampton were not tempted either by the low fee. He has a lot to prove.

He has to perform brilliantly for Rennes to pay that fee, Swansea might in that case get a cut. All players increase in value after playing in the PL . Rodon s value has not increased much and Rennes are not taking the risk without a loan first.

If Rodon was worth as much as people said then yes of course he would have proven it at spurs. A big club and Rodon, sadly over three managers failed to impress.

I’ve asked the question and apparently he went for 10.75 million plus add ons. 💁

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Rodon to Rennes on 16:28 - Jul 29 with 3090 viewsDr_Winston

The Norwich player (Godfrey?) going to Everton for £20m gave a lot of ours an unrealistic expectation of what Rodon was going to be worth. Godfrey had a full season at Premier League level with Norwich under his belt, including a stint as captain when he was barely out of his teens. In terms of proven experience he was well ahead of Joe, with an according market value.

Joe has played about 25 games for Spurs overall and not done enough to convince anyone of his worth there. Good for him taking the chance of going abroad to get games.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rodon to Rennes on 16:28 - Jul 29 with 3095 viewsraynor94

Rodon to Rennes on 14:49 - Jul 29 by hobo

It's a 12 month loan deal, no guarantee they are going to buy him.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Rodon to Rennes on 16:36 - Jul 29 with 3089 viewsRichardO

Would you have Rodon back if he became available at a reasoable price in the future?
[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 16:37]
Rodon to Rennes on 17:51 - Jul 29 with 3013 viewsonehunglow

The first name on a Wales team sheet,I d say .Doesn’t say much then ,does it.

Managers make wrong assessments all the time

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Rodon to Rennes on 17:58 - Jul 29 with 3007 viewsBillyChong

Any sell on fee can go towards the interest on the loan taken out against the Spurs payments
Rodon to Rennes on 12:01 - Jul 31 with 2728 viewsKilkennyjack

Rodon to Rennes on 16:28 - Jul 29 by Dr_Winston

The Norwich player (Godfrey?) going to Everton for £20m gave a lot of ours an unrealistic expectation of what Rodon was going to be worth. Godfrey had a full season at Premier League level with Norwich under his belt, including a stint as captain when he was barely out of his teens. In terms of proven experience he was well ahead of Joe, with an according market value.

Joe has played about 25 games for Spurs overall and not done enough to convince anyone of his worth there. Good for him taking the chance of going abroad to get games.

Well lets look at the managers involved ….

Jose loved Joe ✅
The u23 coach Mason took over and dropped Joe for his mates. ❌
The Wolves manager took over and not interested in Joe, but he only lasted 17 games. Says more about Nuno than Joe. ❌
The current Spurs manager Conte also not fancied Joe but this guy is thinking short term and he wants proven not developing.❌

Joe has been immense for Cymru despite the disruption at Spurs.✅

Rodon to Rennes on 13:19 - Jul 31 with 2677 viewsReslovenSwan1

Rodon to Rennes on 12:01 - Jul 31 by Kilkennyjack

Well lets look at the managers involved ….

Jose loved Joe ✅
The u23 coach Mason took over and dropped Joe for his mates. ❌
The Wolves manager took over and not interested in Joe, but he only lasted 17 games. Says more about Nuno than Joe. ❌
The current Spurs manager Conte also not fancied Joe but this guy is thinking short term and he wants proven not developing.❌

Joe has been immense for Cymru despite the disruption at Spurs.✅

Joe is a great player but THFC are a top four Champions league club. This requires world class standards and he faces top class competition for his place.

For whatever reason he is seen as a little bit short. He is stiil a premier league class footballer and must play in the top leagues and for Cymru.

At 24 and going to France is a wonderful personal experience for him. I recommend he dives into the French language from day one. What a life and he can get a little place out there as well with his whopping budget.

A big dominating season in France and a good World cup will uo his value once more

Rodon to Rennes on 15:18 - Jul 31 with 2613 viewsKilkennyjack

Rodon to Rennes on 13:19 - Jul 31 by ReslovenSwan1

Joe is a great player but THFC are a top four Champions league club. This requires world class standards and he faces top class competition for his place.

For whatever reason he is seen as a little bit short. He is stiil a premier league class footballer and must play in the top leagues and for Cymru.

At 24 and going to France is a wonderful personal experience for him. I recommend he dives into the French language from day one. What a life and he can get a little place out there as well with his whopping budget.

A big dominating season in France and a good World cup will uo his value once more

Great post, spot on.

Rodon to Rennes on 17:06 - Jul 31 with 2568 viewspencoedjack

Couple of posters claimed he would end up at a top PL club when he left Spurs.

If he wasn’t Welsh nobody would really care.

Decent centre half whilst playing for Wales but that’s a far lower standard than the PL.
Rodon to Rennes on 17:30 - Jul 31 with 2520 viewsKilkennyjack

Rodon to Rennes on 17:06 - Jul 31 by pencoedjack

Couple of posters claimed he would end up at a top PL club when he left Spurs.

If he wasn’t Welsh nobody would really care.

Decent centre half whilst playing for Wales but that’s a far lower standard than the PL.

Support our boys mun

Rodon to Rennes on 17:45 - Jul 31 with 2504 viewsonehunglow

Rodon to Rennes on 17:30 - Jul 31 by Kilkennyjack

Support our boys mun

I do.
Martin isnt Welsh by the way

Rodon to Rennes on 17:46 - Jul 31 with 2497 viewsKeithHaynes

Rodon to Rennes on 17:45 - Jul 31 by onehunglow

I do.
Martin isnt Welsh by the way

Neither was John Cornforth. 😉

Rodon to Rennes on 21:17 - Jul 31 with 2420 viewsRichardO

Hopefly Rodon can establish himself in the Rennes first team, gain a vast amount of experience go on to win the World cup., 🙃
Rodon to Rennes on 19:40 - Aug 1 with 2271 viewsKeithHaynes

He’s gone officially.
One year loan plus 17m option to buy at the end of the season.

Rodon to Rennes on 20:34 - Aug 1 with 2222 viewsbuilthjack

Rodon to Rennes on 17:51 - Jul 29 by onehunglow

The first name on a Wales team sheet,I d say .Doesn’t say much then ,does it.

Managers make wrong assessments all the time

*** ALERT
Another bash at Wales from Perch.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rodon to Rennes on 20:38 - Aug 1 with 2211 viewsonehunglow

Rodon to Rennes on 20:34 - Aug 1 by builthjack

*** ALERT
Another bash at Wales from Perch.

Explain Perch.

Off ya go.

Explain to all the readers why you drag up a former username.

Let’s have it out. Go DM

Yiu don’t like what I post,then tough,ignore .

Now then,back on topic,Rennes is a nice part of Brittany

Rodon to Rennes on 20:39 - Aug 1 with 2210 viewsReslovenSwan1

If Swansea have a sell on at £17m then upto £1m will potentially be coming Swansea's way at the end of the season.

Rodon to Rennes on 20:44 - Aug 1 with 2198 viewsKeithHaynes

Rodon to Rennes on 20:39 - Aug 1 by ReslovenSwan1

If Swansea have a sell on at £17m then upto £1m will potentially be coming Swansea's way at the end of the season.

Pretty sure it’s 20% sell on.
3.4 ?

Mind you he will use this as a shop window for a premier league move.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Rodon to Rennes on 21:04 - Aug 1 with 2168 viewsbuilthjack

Rodon to Rennes on 20:38 - Aug 1 by onehunglow

Explain Perch.

Off ya go.

Explain to all the readers why you drag up a former username.

Let’s have it out. Go DM

Yiu don’t like what I post,then tough,ignore .

Now then,back on topic,Rennes is a nice part of Brittany

I don't think "the readers" care.
Cool head.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024