Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED 23:17 - Aug 13 with 19949 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Harry Darling; Joel Latibeaudiere, Joe Allen, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Olivier Ntcham, Joel Piroe, Michael Obafemi.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Ben Cabango, Liam Cullen, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Congreve.

Millwall: Bartosz Biakowski, Danny McNamara, Murray Wallace, Jake Cooper (captain), Benik Afobe, Billy Mitchell, Scott Malone, Tyler Burey, Charlie Cresswell, Jamie Shackleton, George Honeyman.

Substitutes: George Long, Shaun Hutchinson, George Evans, George Saville, Ryan Leonard, Isaac Olaofe, Andreas Voglsammer.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 00:51 - Aug 18 with 1022 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 00:34 - Aug 18 by magicdaps10

As it goes Nrynnie, I have had a go at Grimes and I think that Piroe played quite well last night....he chickened out of one tackle last night but I think his all round game wa pretty good, he just needs that one goal to kick his season off.

Protagonist 😁
I take it you have differing views to myself then 😂

Get to bed, what are you posting at this hour for?

I thought you were against such things.

Early hours of the morning Daps, it can’t wait until the morning.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 08:44 - Aug 18 with 888 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 21:48 - Aug 17 by herbie

You talk absolute nonsense. I know Ben and what you say is just untrue. Stick to watching Inited-if you can.

He just makes things up to wind people up.
Obviously has an agenda.
Obvious to anyone that Ben is easing his way back from a serious injury

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 08:50 - Aug 18 with 875 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 08:44 - Aug 18 by STID2017

He just makes things up to wind people up.
Obviously has an agenda.
Obvious to anyone that Ben is easing his way back from a serious injury

Seems you were doing just that yesterday to suit your agenda.

Playing into the stupid Builth narrative which seems to be his latest wayward obsession.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 08:57 - Aug 18 with 878 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 08:50 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Seems you were doing just that yesterday to suit your agenda.

Playing into the stupid Builth narrative which seems to be his latest wayward obsession.

Cant recall it.
I dont have any agenda, just a fervent supporter.
However AC does it all the time he posts.
As I said he has an agenda.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 09:14 - Aug 18 with 867 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 20:42 - Aug 17 by KeithHaynes

The squad is weak as.
I find it very difficult to say this is a better squad than Cooper had.
Because it isn’t.

If the squad was strong we wouldn’t have Sorinola playing and wouldn’t be missing Latibeaudiere who at best is average, just my opinion, others apparently are available.

Why is it weak Keith.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 16:00 - Aug 18 with 738 viewsRichardO

Can someone explain to me the substitutions and changing of players positions in the game?
As far as Fulton for Allen straight swap, ok.
On the left Manning, Ntcham subbed Darling moved, , Cabango on and Sorinola moved to the left so now where there were three players there are only two?
On the right Sorinola moved and Cameron Congreve on in his place but then Naughton is moved to the right including Woods and Piroe that means there were four on the right side instead of the previous three.
Did I miss something, Piroe moving to the left? If not might explain a lack of cover down the left. Or is my memory shot by the injury time events?
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 16:08 - Aug 18 with 715 viewspete

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 09:14 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

Why is it weak Keith.

there is little pace , no "proper wing backs and in my opinion players in certain positions not good enough at presant, we could do with Wolfe for one who could cover a few positions and be a big improvement on what we have
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 16:21 - Aug 18 with 695 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 16:08 - Aug 18 by pete

there is little pace , no "proper wing backs and in my opinion players in certain positions not good enough at presant, we could do with Wolfe for one who could cover a few positions and be a big improvement on what we have

Which Wolfe? The one we had beat his man as often as Sorinola.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 16:31 - Aug 18 with 671 viewspete

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 16:21 - Aug 18 by jasper_T

Which Wolfe? The one we had beat his man as often as Sorinola.

yes as i say he is better than what we have and can play in midfield, our squad is small and in all honesty lacking in areas, can understand people disagreeing but lets be honest can anyone see us with the squad as it is challenging at the top?
(mind you would love to be wrong)
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 16:52 - Aug 18 with 639 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 16:31 - Aug 18 by pete

yes as i say he is better than what we have and can play in midfield, our squad is small and in all honesty lacking in areas, can understand people disagreeing but lets be honest can anyone see us with the squad as it is challenging at the top?
(mind you would love to be wrong)

The only place to play Wolf is where we currently play Piroe or Ntcham. Out wide he is not worth a game.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 16:55 - Aug 18 with 632 viewsKerouac

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 16:00 - Aug 18 by RichardO

Can someone explain to me the substitutions and changing of players positions in the game?
As far as Fulton for Allen straight swap, ok.
On the left Manning, Ntcham subbed Darling moved, , Cabango on and Sorinola moved to the left so now where there were three players there are only two?
On the right Sorinola moved and Cameron Congreve on in his place but then Naughton is moved to the right including Woods and Piroe that means there were four on the right side instead of the previous three.
Did I miss something, Piroe moving to the left? If not might explain a lack of cover down the left. Or is my memory shot by the injury time events?

After Martin's subs we finished;

------------------------- Fisher ----------------------------
------------------------ Darling ---------------------------
--------- Wood ------------------------ Cabango -------
Naughton ----- Fulton -- Grimes --------- Sorinola
---------------------- Congreve --------------------------
---------- Obafemi -------------- Piroe ------------------

Before the subs we were...

---------------------- Naughton --------------------------
--------- Wood ------------------------ Darling ---------
Sorinola ------- Allen ---- Grimes --------- Manning
----------------------- Ntcham ----------------------------
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 16:59]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 19:15 - Aug 18 with 581 viewsRichardO

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 16:55 - Aug 18 by Kerouac

After Martin's subs we finished;

------------------------ Darling ---------------------------
--------- Wood ------------------------ Cabango -------
Naughton ----- Fulton -- Grimes --------- Sorinola
---------------------- Congreve --------------------------

Before the subs we were...

---------------------- Naughton --------------------------
--------- Wood ------------------------ Darling ---------
Sorinola ------- Allen ---- Grimes --------- Manning
----------------------- Ntcham ----------------------------
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 16:59]

I would have said that Piroe and Ntcham sat just behind Obefemi right and left side respectively and both provided very good link up play and condensed the midfield so no-one got isolated too often before substitutions, after the substitutions I though Congreve was a little wide and Piroe a little more central exposing Sorinola and Cabango on the left.
There is the question why play Cabango on the left hand side where Darling is much more comfortable but that has been mention before and is a mystery why Martin plays him there.
As for Sorinola I thought he did quite well on the right when he came on got a couple of nice tackles in and made himself available to prevent Millwall getting any joy down the right with the help of Piroe and Wood although he had one or two bad touches but after the move to the left was isolated and struggled
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 22/23 UPDATED on 21:55 - Aug 18 with 511 viewsCatullus

I don't think the squad is that weak, it's the formation we play, we haven't got wing backs so we are playing people out of position who can't do that job properly. That leads to problems.

If we went 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2 it would suit our players better because Manning and Naughton go to full backs and we have 3 centre backs for 2 positions...then we have Lati.

I don't get what so many saw in Wolf, he was skilful but he was weak and got muscled out a lot, he didn't beat many men.

And then we have the players being ignored or loaned out, Ogbeta, Joseph, Whittaker. Martin continues to baffle me.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024