Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saturday's Game ? 19:00 - Sep 8 with 27929 viewsconnell10

I presume all football games will be cancelled on Saturday.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Saturday's Game ? on 09:15 - Sep 9 with 3047 viewsgobbles

Saturday's Game ? on 23:34 - Sep 8 by golborne

Country is full of sh##
We either completely stop, or we carry on as far as I’m concerned.
Virtually every other country in Europe would stop tomorrow. Not us, we cancel all the
Fun things and hold a state funeral over the weekend, so the common folk don’t take their foot
Off the gas.

go mourn in your own time - not ours. It’s pathetic…

The funeral will not be until Monday or Tuesday the week after next. Do we stop everything until then?
Most people would embrace the chance to stand at a sporting event and show some form of respect. What else are you going to do? Sit at home and watch TV? The news are already down to doing vox pops.
Saturday's Game ? on 09:28 - Sep 9 with 2936 viewsslmrstid

I can understand things being cancelled/off today, and on the day of the funeral. But between now and then things should just carry on as normal in my view. End of the day no-one is telling me to stay off work etc...

Its very sad but life carries on, it can't all stop.
Saturday's Game ? on 09:29 - Sep 9 with 2924 viewsted_hendrix

I believe the football programme should go ahead tomorrow as normal, should It be cancelled what exactly are fans gonna do stand at home mourning? of course not.
I'd also hazard a guess that--that Is what the queen would have wanted too.
It's been a bloody bleak year so far, staying at home mourning on Saturday isn't gonna help at all I don't see that as being disrespecful.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Saturday's Game ? on 09:36 - Sep 9 with 2837 viewsdaveB

Saturday's Game ? on 09:29 - Sep 9 by ted_hendrix

I believe the football programme should go ahead tomorrow as normal, should It be cancelled what exactly are fans gonna do stand at home mourning? of course not.
It's been a bloody bleak year so far, staying at home mourning on Saturday isn't gonna help at all I don't see that as being disrespecful.

This will have all been decided beforehand. I wonder if the games are cancelled will we play during international break
Saturday's Game ? on 09:52 - Sep 9 with 2728 viewsTerry49

When will people learn the difference between postponed and cancelled. Saturday games this week will be postponed NOT cancelled. Cancelled means they will not be rearranged but as we know they will be rearranged therefore they are postponed.
Saturday's Game ? on 09:53 - Sep 9 with 2727 viewsbollockchops

rugby leagues going on Leeds tonight Salford tomorrow
Saturday's Game ? on 10:05 - Sep 9 with 2637 viewsStanisgod

Saturday's Game ? on 09:29 - Sep 9 by ted_hendrix

Exactly what I said, she certainly wouldn't have wanted the racing cancelled.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Saturday's Game ? on 10:17 - Sep 9 with 2555 viewstraininvain

Saturday's Game ? on 09:52 - Sep 9 by Terry49

When will people learn the difference between postponed and cancelled. Saturday games this week will be postponed NOT cancelled. Cancelled means they will not be rearranged but as we know they will be rearranged therefore they are postponed.

Agreed. It's like people who say Tannoy when they mean public address system. Tannoy is a brand name.
Login to get fewer ads

Saturday's Game ? on 10:22 - Sep 9 with 2530 viewsslmrstid

Saturday's Game ? on 10:17 - Sep 9 by traininvain

Agreed. It's like people who say Tannoy when they mean public address system. Tannoy is a brand name.

Off topic but a chap I know recently received a legal letter from Portakabin Ltd because he wrote a running race report for a website he operates where used the word "Portaloos" for the portable toilets at the race, and Portaloo is a brand name trademarked by Portakabin who hadn't supplied the toilets for this race, and they sent him a request to change his race report and a list of suggested alternative non-brand names to use instead.

It was quite a small local thing so God knows where they found it from. They must have some sort of automated tool that searches the word or something.
Saturday's Game ? on 10:26 - Sep 9 with 2487 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I still call a Dyson a Hoover.

I think the games should go ahead, just rearrange the ones either side of the funeral. As someone said what a great opportunity to commemorate her at a stadium with thousands others.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Saturday's Game ? on 10:29 - Sep 9 with 2454 viewsSonofpugwash

The world didn't stop when my mum died,we got out of the house and went to football albeit with a heavy heart.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Saturday's Game ? on 10:38 - Sep 9 with 2383 viewsgobbles

Saturday's Game ? on 10:05 - Sep 9 by Stanisgod

Exactly what I said, she certainly wouldn't have wanted the racing cancelled.

It's the St Leger tomorrow. Why would she want that cancelled?
Saturday's Game ? on 10:38 - Sep 9 with 2378 viewsbosh67

Saturday's Game ? on 10:29 - Sep 9 by Sonofpugwash

The world didn't stop when my mum died,we got out of the house and went to football albeit with a heavy heart.

Agreed. I think players and officials wearing black arm bands and a 1 or 2 minute silence would be enough. I think calling off games, putting people out of pocket would be 100% against what Elizabeth was about or believed in.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Saturday's Game ? on 10:40 - Sep 9 with 2367 viewsgobbles

Saturday's Game ? on 10:26 - Sep 9 by Metallica_Hoop

I still call a Dyson a Hoover.

I think the games should go ahead, just rearrange the ones either side of the funeral. As someone said what a great opportunity to commemorate her at a stadium with thousands others.

Indeed, how impressive would it look to have clips from games around the country of hundreds of thousands standing and paying respect.
Saturday's Game ? on 10:40 - Sep 9 with 2362 viewstoboboly

Saturday's Game ? on 10:17 - Sep 9 by traininvain

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Saturday's Game ? on 10:46 - Sep 9 with 2308 viewsdaveB

In London for example police will be strectched with big crowds gathering at Buckingham Palace, do they really want to have to also police multiple sporting events in London. I think that is going to be a factor
Saturday's Game ? on 10:47 - Sep 9 with 2285 viewsSonofpugwash

Saturday's Game ? on 10:38 - Sep 9 by gobbles

It's the St Leger tomorrow. Why would she want that cancelled?

Yes.And it's enshrined in the City,the mantra being.... .
"Sell in May and go away
Come back on St.Leger Day"

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Saturday's Game ? on 10:51 - Sep 9 with 2244 viewsgobbles

Saturday's Game ? on 10:46 - Sep 9 by daveB

In London for example police will be strectched with big crowds gathering at Buckingham Palace, do they really want to have to also police multiple sporting events in London. I think that is going to be a factor

Big crowds? For the funeral, yes, but not on Saturday.
Saturday's Game ? on 10:56 - Sep 9 with 2168 viewsWokingR

"A decision on weekend Premier League and EFL fixtures will be made after a review of the official mourning guidance"
Official mourning guidance my arse.
If it was just a case of checking their own protocols and then announcing them, surely we would all have heard by now.
Starting to think someone at the FA has just realised they have no such thing, and is busy writing it this morning. Then we'll need to wait an hour while they put it in the oven on a low heat to make it look authentically old.
Then they will simply do what everyone else is doing rather than make their own decision.
Saturday's Game ? on 11:00 - Sep 9 with 2118 viewsBerkoRanger

BBC reporting this morning that King Charles 111 has said that the UK will remain in mourning until 7 days after the funeral.

Apparently Parliament will not "sit" until then - so the Queen has managed to stop all the political bickering even after she left us.

R.I.P. Your Majesty.
Saturday's Game ? on 11:15 - Sep 9 with 2007 viewsconnell10

Saturday's Game ? on 09:52 - Sep 9 by Terry49

We have a thread for things that get on your nerves.....off you pop.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Saturday's Game ? on 11:28 - Sep 9 with 1895 viewsdaveB

Saturday's Game ? on 10:51 - Sep 9 by gobbles

Big crowds? For the funeral, yes, but not on Saturday.

I'm going by when Diana died, the Palace was heaving for a week
Saturday's Game ? on 11:33 - Sep 9 with 1840 viewsPhildo

Saturday's Game ? on 11:33 - Sep 9 with 1837 viewsDannytheR

Yep, football's off.
Saturday's Game ? on 11:35 - Sep 9 with 1811 viewsrobith

Rugby league is on, cos those boys are 'ard
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024