Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shareholders list compromised 13:08 - Nov 3 with 3538 viewspioneer

Had an e mail from club saying my personal details on the list of shareholders have been compromised in some sort of hack. Indicates up to 30 shareholders are affected.
Shareholders list compromised on 13:28 - Nov 3 with 3468 viewsfermin

If it is the same one I had I think it is more that they did not send it out by putting emails in the blind copy box so everyone on there could see each others' email addresses. I thought that would be a breach when I received the original email so I was not surprised to get the follow-up one the other day about it. It is not really a hack but it is a breach of GDPR hence the report to the ICO.
Shareholders list compromised on 14:00 - Nov 3 with 3402 viewsBrierls

Please don't scaremonger if you don't understand.

The AGM and EGM notice and associated documentation was emailed out to shareholders in batches. On one of those emails, the recipients were added in the 'To' field, rather than 'bcc' meaning the recipients could see each others email address.

This constitutes a GDPR breach as your email address is personal information. No other details were leaked.

The club acted swiftly and correctly in their follow up response and further actions in reporting it. An honest mistake that was dealt with.
Shareholders list compromised on 14:20 - Nov 3 with 3356 viewssandylaner

When were these sent out? I'm a shareholder and not received anything.

I've raised this before with the club as I've not received information before and I've been told my details have been updated but obviously not
Shareholders list compromised on 14:26 - Nov 3 with 3338 viewspioneer

Shareholders list compromised on 14:00 - Nov 3 by Brierls

Please don't scaremonger if you don't understand.

The AGM and EGM notice and associated documentation was emailed out to shareholders in batches. On one of those emails, the recipients were added in the 'To' field, rather than 'bcc' meaning the recipients could see each others email address.

This constitutes a GDPR breach as your email address is personal information. No other details were leaked.

The club acted swiftly and correctly in their follow up response and further actions in reporting it. An honest mistake that was dealt with.

Please dont accuse me of scaremongering when nothing I wrote implied that the club had not taken ownership of or not responded to their breach of regulations appropriately.

I might have got aspects of the technical nature of the breach of regulations 100% accurate….I am a child of the “press button B.” communications era when phones were in boxes and used to make telephone calls.
Shareholders list compromised on 14:36 - Nov 3 with 3314 viewsBrierls

Shareholders list compromised on 14:26 - Nov 3 by pioneer

Please dont accuse me of scaremongering when nothing I wrote implied that the club had not taken ownership of or not responded to their breach of regulations appropriately.

I might have got aspects of the technical nature of the breach of regulations 100% accurate….I am a child of the “press button B.” communications era when phones were in boxes and used to make telephone calls.

No scaremongering, just a thread titled "Shareholders list compromised" and the use of the word "hack". Righto.
Shareholders list compromised on 14:41 - Nov 3 with 3301 viewsBrierls

Shareholders list compromised on 14:20 - Nov 3 by sandylaner

I've raised this before with the club as I've not received information before and I've been told my details have been updated but obviously not

Sent out yesterday at 18:38.

If you were one of 'the 30', George Delves re-sent at 23:35 with notification of the potential GDPR breach.
Shareholders list compromised on 14:54 - Nov 3 with 3260 viewssandylaner

Shareholders list compromised on 14:41 - Nov 3 by Brierls

Sent out yesterday at 18:38.

If you were one of 'the 30', George Delves re-sent at 23:35 with notification of the potential GDPR breach.

Thanks, I've emailed him advising I've not received anything.
Shareholders list compromised on 16:05 - Nov 3 with 3144 viewskel

Shareholders list compromised on 14:20 - Nov 3 by sandylaner

Same. I emailed the club as requested by them in the article and I’ve had no response.

It’s poor.
Login to get fewer ads

Shareholders list compromised on 21:10 - Nov 3 with 2764 viewswatford_dale

Shareholders list compromised on 14:26 - Nov 3 by pioneer

The club has 72 hours to notify the ICO of a GDPR breach but given the small number of the people impacted by the breach I doubt it will result in a fine for the club.
Shareholders list compromised on 22:07 - Nov 3 with 2702 views49thseason

I wrote to George and confirmed I had deleted the original Email. Maybe if everyone does that it would help in the event of an enquiry?
Shareholders list compromised on 22:22 - Nov 3 with 2670 viewsR17ALE

Well I've now got Pioneers's email address! I'm going to order him some pizza and rent boys.

I think James should start a poll about which of the two he's most looking forward to!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Shareholders list compromised on 23:50 - Nov 3 with 2553 viewsD_Alien

Shareholders list compromised on 22:22 - Nov 3 by R17ALE

Well I've now got Pioneers's email address! I'm going to order him some pizza and rent boys.

I think James should start a poll about which of the two he's most looking forward to!

The one called Margherita

[Post edited 3 Nov 2022 23:54]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Shareholders list compromised on 08:13 - Nov 4 with 2378 viewspioneer

Shareholders list compromised on 22:22 - Nov 3 by R17ALE

choices, choices.

If I had to choose it would be Hawaiian …..on both accounts.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024