Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal celebrations 15:28 - Jan 8 with 695 viewsgerry_us

I know this is hardly a relevant thread up until yesterday but the U's scoring three goals and the ridiculous length of time of the celebrations meant my dinner was cold when I finally got home!
Goal celebrations on 22:52 - Jan 8 with 611 viewsnoah4x4

Hope you bought flowers for the cook and something for your butler Gerry. It's outrageous that you were late home. How dare Colchester United win back to back matches and celebrate with the fans. My wife was truly sympathetic, but thought I had been drinking as I was home late yet wasn't miserable. I missed Gillingham, so she hadn't heard "we've won away" since my last trip to Harrogate.
Goal celebrations on 23:18 - Jan 8 with 603 viewsgerry_us

Goal celebrations on 22:52 - Jan 8 by noah4x4

Hope you bought flowers for the cook and something for your butler Gerry. It's outrageous that you were late home. How dare Colchester United win back to back matches and celebrate with the fans. My wife was truly sympathetic, but thought I had been drinking as I was home late yet wasn't miserable. I missed Gillingham, so she hadn't heard "we've won away" since my last trip to Harrogate.

Hope she hears it next Saturday as well Noah.
You are putting the miles in recently.
And how was that cheeseburger...did you get it before the final whistle?
Goal celebrations on 07:53 - Jan 9 with 585 viewsnoah4x4

Goal celebrations on 23:18 - Jan 8 by gerry_us

Hope she hears it next Saturday as well Noah.
You are putting the miles in recently.
And how was that cheeseburger...did you get it before the final whistle?

Excellent cheeseburger, but given it was £7.50, one did expect prime fillet with horseradish and mature cheddar in a hand made brioche bun. This was Harrogate at its most pretentious.

Horrible disorganised football ground. Until I was fifth in the queue for the said catering outlet, I couldn't decide if I was in the huge queue for the gents (merely three urinals), or queue for the women's (looked like three individual cubicles in a converted coal shed) or for food. Food choice was bewildering, causing dire delays as people struggled to make up their minds from the Claridges like menu.

A while back, home fans had complained that the fans bar was admitting away fans. It was a bit difficult not to, as it is located in the away end. Solution, they closed it to all football ruffians. Now the nearest away fan friendly pub, the Woodland, is a fifteen minute walk away. Excellent pub, friendly staff, excellent food, decent ale, slightly spoilt by a northern desire for a chilled creamy frothy head (we demanded removal of the tap sparkler to get a clearer full pint).

We had bought standing terrace tickets, expecting to occupy the terrace we did last season, which they had closed, forcing us behind the goal offering a dire view from ground level from which it was impossible to create any atmosphere, even when winning 3-0. Crowd barely above 2,000. I guess the locals were all down the rowing club, playing croquet or hunting, shooting or fishing.

Should never have been admitted to the football league.
Goal celebrations on 10:26 - Jan 9 with 564 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Anyone else sensing that Noah didn't enjoy his trip to Harrogate? Result aside of course.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Goal celebrations on 13:14 - Jan 9 with 542 viewsgerry_us

Goal celebrations on 10:26 - Jan 9 by RSCOSWORTH

Anyone else sensing that Noah didn't enjoy his trip to Harrogate? Result aside of course.

He looked happy enough with the result at least.
As far as the terrace behind the goal where the vast majority of the U's fans occupied, it felt very like my formative years standing behind the goal at the "Layer Road" end of the ground on the wobbly timbers. Oh, the memories.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024