Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunne & Dickie 11:26 - Jan 15 with 1515 viewsjackl29

Does anyone else agree that this partnership doesn’t particularly work well?

Not sure if I’m reading too much into this, but I really believe these two don’t get on with eachother. Their body language and lack of communication each week is a worry I think.

In comparison to Dunne and JCS who are consistently encouraging one another and jeering eachother up for the game, I don’t see that with Dunne and Dickie ever.

The regress of Dickie is also disappointing to see, he really seems to have lost his confidence in bringing the ball from the back and getting us yards up the pitch. Dunne gives 110 % but for me cant work out if he wants to be a ball playing CB or a No Nonsense defender.

Either way, a good point yesterday after that torrid first half.
Dunne & Dickie on 12:10 - Jan 15 with 1398 viewscyprusmel

For me the problem with both of them is that they are not very swift.
They do give 100% every game though.
Dunne & Dickie on 12:21 - Jan 15 with 1367 viewsPinnerPaul

Personal view is that as Tim doesn't offer much/anything defensively, Field the shield is a bit stretched meaning they are more exposed.

IF SJ gets back for any length of time, that should help I think.
Dunne & Dickie on 12:45 - Jan 15 with 1300 viewsSilverfoxqpr

In the first half after an attack from Reading had broken down Dunne looked over at Dickie pointing at his head and Dickie screamed back at him 'what do you fcking want me to do!'.....so at least they're communicating.
Dunne & Dickie on 13:13 - Jan 15 with 1228 viewsstanistheman

Dunne & Dickie on 12:45 - Jan 15 by Silverfoxqpr

In the first half after an attack from Reading had broken down Dunne looked over at Dickie pointing at his head and Dickie screamed back at him 'what do you fcking want me to do!'.....so at least they're communicating.

They both lack pace and perhaps 3 CBs with someone who had a bit of pace will be better. Both JCS and Balogun seem to be injured too often so we may need to sell to recruit either this window or in the summer.
Dunne & Dickie on 13:29 - Jan 15 with 1172 viewsgazza1

How anybody can tell if they get on with each other unless they know the individuals?? I'm interested to know!!!!! Players do have a 'go' at each other during matches, it is part of the game and happens frequently between many players.

I note that you think that Dickie has regressed but you fail to mention that Dunn has been responsible for us conceding several goals in the last few matches, including one at Fleetwood last week. But you choose to 'pick out' Dickie!!!
Dunne & Dickie on 17:26 - Jan 15 with 948 viewsozranger

Dunne & Dickie on 13:13 - Jan 15 by stanistheman

They both lack pace and perhaps 3 CBs with someone who had a bit of pace will be better. Both JCS and Balogun seem to be injured too often so we may need to sell to recruit either this window or in the summer.

I agree and would not be surprised if there is another CB brought in during this window. It is a problem part of the team with the constant injuries at that position. What would happen is we lost either of Dunne or Dickie for the next game? Kakay? Yesterday, I felt the whole backline was the real problem, though I could emphasise problems throughout.

Neither Dickie, nor Dunne, have the real wherewithal to move the ball forward quickly. I was constantly saying - "Dickie to Dunne" and "Dunne to Dickie". If you re-watch the game, these will be the two most common passing combinations from both teams. Field did not help many a time when instead of turning with the ball, he just automatically sent it back to either Dunne or Dickie and then we went again with the same passing.

In the Sheffield United game, the first time Dunne had the ball at his feet he sent a long ball up to Dykes and all of a sudden the game was down the other end and they were panicking instead of having a cup of tea while forming their defence, which happens when you have the DD combination all too often. Whether this is a problem with confidence as the OP stated or whether this is ingrained in them from previous managers or if NC wants it, is a question that needs answering before we can really take this forward.
Dunne & Dickie on 17:30 - Jan 15 with 908 viewsdm97

JCS makes a huge difference when fit, ‘when fit’ being the important bit. Understand why so many like Jimmy, but if you’re playing him ahead of Dickie or JCS you haven’t watched the last few games very closely
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024