Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Durham 18:05 - Jan 20 with 648 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Looking at the form table since December 25th (last five matches for us) and extrapolating this out across the remaining games this season and adding to the games already played this season results in this final table.

Pos Team
1 Stevenage
2 Carlisle United
3 Stockport County
4 Salford City
5 Leyton Orient
6 Walsall
7 Colchester United
8 Sutton United
9 Swindon Town
10 Bradford City
11 Doncaster Rovers
12 Tranmere Rovers
13 Barrow
14 Northampton Town
15 AFC Wimbledon
16 Mansfield Town
17 Crewe Alexandra
18 Grimsby Town
19 Harrogate Town
20 Newport County
21 Hartlepool United
22 Rochdale
23 Gillingham
24 Crawley Town

So it would seem that your dream of us finishing in a Play-Off position is possible.

The problem with the above is that it's only form over four or five games for a lot of teams, only three for Crawley, and thus probably doesn't give a particularly true reflection of what the final table will be.

Looking at the form since October 31st (last 10 matches for us) gives the following final table:

Pos Team
1 Stevenage
2 Leyton Orient
3 Stockport County
4 Walsall
5 Northampton Town
6 Carlisle United
7 Salford City
8 Bradford City
9 AFC Wimbledon
10 Doncaster Rovers
11 Sutton United
12 Swindon Town
13 Barrow
14 Mansfield Town
15 Crewe Alexandra
16 Tranmere Rovers
17 Colchester United
18 Harrogate Town
19 Grimsby Town
20 Newport County
21 Crawley Town
22 Hartlepool United
23 Rochdale
24 Gillingham

This I feel is more realistic and has us finishing on 56 points which is still 30 points from our remaining 20 matches. I think this would be pretty impressive going considering we only had 11 points 10 matches ago!

I'd love us to still be in with a shout of the Play-Off's with a few games to go but I'd actually be happy with guaranteed safety at the same stage of the season.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

FAO Durham on 19:40 - Jan 20 with 610 viewsnoah4x4

It would be a great shame if both Crawley and Gillingham get relegated. If the current top three, Orient, Stevenage and Northampton then go up, and then the top two, Notts County & Wrexham get promoted from the National League, League Two could be even more northern centric, with Col U fans (yet again) becoming THE most travelled in the entire EFL. A flight round the Equator might be shorter!
FAO Durham on 20:23 - Jan 20 with 602 viewsRSCOSWORTH

FAO Durham on 19:40 - Jan 20 by noah4x4

It would be a great shame if both Crawley and Gillingham get relegated. If the current top three, Orient, Stevenage and Northampton then go up, and then the top two, Notts County & Wrexham get promoted from the National League, League Two could be even more northern centric, with Col U fans (yet again) becoming THE most travelled in the entire EFL. A flight round the Equator might be shorter!

I was thinking the same a few days ago. If the divisions ended as they are now we'd be guaranteed to lose four Southern sides and gain a few more Northern ones from both above and below. Cambridge and Milton Keynes would join us in League Two next season and would become two of our nearest away games.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

FAO Durham on 21:04 - Jan 20 with 590 viewsdurham_exile

RS - absolutely brilliant. I would take the top seven now if it were offered.

Ever the eternal optimist I have to believe.

Yes I know that it's a tall order but whilst still mathematically possible we must believe.

I also agree given the parlous state of affairs prior to Christmas I would settle for 17th place, but without being greedy Top Seven is brilliant.

PS Would be delighted to see Mansfield miss out especially after the shenanigans with Danny Johnson.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

FAO Durham on 08:36 - Jan 21 with 537 viewsbwildered

Only one table applicable, the final table on Monday 8th May, 2-30 pm.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024