Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight 18:45 - Jan 24 with 1221 viewsdurham_exile

Tonight, the U’s have the opportunity to right the wrongs from Saturday’s disappointment against Gillingham.
I have been busy and so will keep this short and to the point.
Team:
O’Hara
Chambers Smith Dallison
Tchamadeu Skuse Ashley Kazeem
Chilvers
Akinde Tovide
Subs
Hornby Hall Hannant Sears Kelleher Read Jay

Weather tonight 2 degrees Celsius cloudy but dry.
Score line: Colchester 3 Salford 1
Enjoy the game.
Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:13 - Jan 24 with 479 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:11 - Jan 24 by durham_exile

Jay on for Big John

U's to win this now

Arthur Read showing well

Durham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:20 - Jan 24 with 468 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:13 - Jan 24 by durham_exile

Arthur Read showing well

16 mins plus added time

Durham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:24 - Jan 24 with 466 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:20 - Jan 24 by durham_exile

16 mins plus added time

Sparkling wine now.

U's pressing well

Come on

Durham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:26 - Jan 24 with 462 viewsnoah4x4

Just finished bottle 1 of Malbec. 12 minutes to go. Will there be enough overtime to justify opening another?
Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:27 - Jan 24 with 461 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:24 - Jan 24 by durham_exile

Sparkling wine now.

U's pressing well

Come on

Come on

Big last 10

Durham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:33 - Jan 24 with 458 viewsnoah4x4

World class save denies Skuse
Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:34 - Jan 24 with 457 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:27 - Jan 24 by durham_exile

Come on

Big last 10

Skuse unlucky keeper made a great save.

Noah crack open another

Durham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:37 - Jan 24 with 449 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:34 - Jan 24 by durham_exile

Skuse unlucky keeper made a great save.

Noah crack open another

Only three minutes additional time.

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:40 - Jan 24 with 446 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:37 - Jan 24 by durham_exile

Only three minutes additional time.

Well another point

Monkey Hangers lost.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:43 - Jan 24 with 443 viewsnoah4x4

1-1. Given Hartlepool result, an excellent point.

Others below us have games in hand, but other than next week (Us v Hartlepool) have to take points off teams not around them, which we have just done.
Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:52 - Jan 24 with 427 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:43 - Jan 24 by noah4x4

1-1. Given Hartlepool result, an excellent point.

Others below us have games in hand, but other than next week (Us v Hartlepool) have to take points off teams not around them, which we have just done.

We missed Ashley tonight.

Tchamadeu, Read, Skuse, Chilvers, Tovide all very good.

Kelleher played well when he came on.

MB must rethink his strategy, difficult to meld a side with 5 new players, especially as they were beginning to play really well after the Harrogate and Rochdale games.

If Dallison is injured then Kelleher seems to be a good replacement.

Tom Eastman appears to have played his last game for the U's.

Balance not right in midfield. Perhaps Ashley and Chilvers or Jay and Chilvers.

Tovide must play but needs a new striker to play alongside. Whether that is Aidan Keena remains to be seen.

Sadly Kwesi Appiah is long term injured.

Bring on the Monkey Hangers, Noah are you up for the journey on Saturday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:52 - Jan 24 with 427 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:40 - Jan 24 by durham_exile

Well another point

Monkey Hangers lost.

Up the U's

Some great play second half, sadly after we'd gone behind, but we've shown we're more than equal to some of those in the top half. I was really impressed with Kelleher, not specifically because he scored, but his composure on the ball, reminded me of Skuse (who also had a decent game).

Win at Hartlepool and in January we've won 4, drawn 1, lost 1 - 13pts from a possible 18. Manager of the Month anyone?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 21:52 - Jan 24 with 427 viewsburnsieespana

These are the sort of games we need to take a point from.
Although those below us have games in hand but if we keep picking up points like tonight we should be okay as surely 20 points from last 18 games should be attainable 48 should be enough.
Important not to loose against Hartlepool. One point will be acceptable for me but a victory even better
[Post edited 24 Jan 2023 21:58]
Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 22:22 - Jan 24 with 395 viewsnoah4x4

Wasn't going to Hartlepool Durham, even if well. Have a family function, albeit the way I feel (ill), I might do neither event.

In 18 seasons of following the U's, Hartlepool is the only non-premier football league ground that I have never visited. We always seem to play them in the cricket season and I typically miss (only) four U's games each season due to my professional commitments in that sport. The EFL computer has always conspired to prevent me chalking it off. Frankly, I can't see me ever completing the 92 as I just don't do Premier League, nor do the U's. But would like to do Hartlepool. But my prediction is we won't play them again for a dozen seasons as I suspect they are doomed (with Rochdale).
Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 00:31 - Jan 25 with 349 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 22:22 - Jan 24 by noah4x4

Wasn't going to Hartlepool Durham, even if well. Have a family function, albeit the way I feel (ill), I might do neither event.

In 18 seasons of following the U's, Hartlepool is the only non-premier football league ground that I have never visited. We always seem to play them in the cricket season and I typically miss (only) four U's games each season due to my professional commitments in that sport. The EFL computer has always conspired to prevent me chalking it off. Frankly, I can't see me ever completing the 92 as I just don't do Premier League, nor do the U's. But would like to do Hartlepool. But my prediction is we won't play them again for a dozen seasons as I suspect they are doomed (with Rochdale).

Noah, hope you are fit for the family function.

Hartlepool one of my closer journeys.

Another six pointer.

Hope you are right about Rochdale and Hartlepool.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to get back on track against the Ammies tonight on 08:59 - Jan 25 with 303 viewsbwildered

A very physical game, particularly for the front pair who were consistently manhandled. This caused a problem with ball retention in the first half. Praise for any referee who can finish a game without bookings, but the persistence throughout of manhandling, particularly to Tovide , could have been eradicated with perhaps a card, has some play continued to seem more like WWF than football.
Gripe over, and between bouts some football did breakout, particularly when the U’s fell behind . A glorious header by Kellehar saw a equaliser and some great near post defending to stop crosses becoming problems held their cause.
Sadly the ball would not drop kindly in and around the six yard box to gain a lead, All new recruits seem to be bedding in well given the timescale that they have been at the club.
A hard earned point, good home form needs to become the norm .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024