Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Questions for Lee 11:54 - Jan 25 with 12085 viewsvanrrrr

This should be interesting

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/lee-hoos-answers-fans-questions-230123/

My current one is : Lee why won’t our ticket sales site let me give you money? When I try to checkout it directs to your profile page. Would be a good idea to fix this I think.
Questions for Lee on 00:36 - Jan 30 with 1714 viewsPunteR

Questions for Lee on 22:14 - Jan 29 by QPR_Jim

How much should a coach be earning? 150k a year is under 3k a week, if he was on that much as first team coach while players were earning 20k a week or more. I'm not sure if those figures are correct but I can imagine that it's a tough position to be in.

I think Les has to go and someone come in to restructure and perhaps Warburton could be that guy. But I'd be sceptical of anyone coming in if we're to believe LF has been using what little funds we have to line his friends pocket. What makes us think that the next football man won't do the same?

It's not that hard to do.
You set targets and if they don't achieve those targets you say adios.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Questions for Lee on 08:28 - Jan 30 with 1483 viewsDixie_CT

Questions for Lee on 22:00 - Jan 29 by DejR_vu

I’d be v v v surprised if CR is only one £150kpa.

I was basing that on the rumoured salary when he joined the club from Spurs, and I would presume his salary was increased when he became the first team's head coach.
Questions for Lee on 08:33 - Jan 30 with 1472 viewsDixie_CT

Questions for Lee on 22:14 - Jan 29 by QPR_Jim

How much should a coach be earning? 150k a year is under 3k a week, if he was on that much as first team coach while players were earning 20k a week or more. I'm not sure if those figures are correct but I can imagine that it's a tough position to be in.

I think Les has to go and someone come in to restructure and perhaps Warburton could be that guy. But I'd be sceptical of anyone coming in if we're to believe LF has been using what little funds we have to line his friends pocket. What makes us think that the next football man won't do the same?

The £150k was based on his Academy salary, I have no idea what his first team salary was, but the presumption is an increase, and TF said at the time he was sacked that we may as well keep it instead of paying his contract up.

TF made out like it was some business masterstroke, but it is quite abnormal to be sacked and then found a less high-profile job in the same organisation and on the same wage!
Questions for Lee on 08:47 - Jan 30 with 1451 viewsR_from_afar

Questions for Lee on 20:04 - Jan 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

No one is leaving before the stadium is sold or we gain promotion I expect.

No one is going to buy us, and no one is walking away from the tens if not hundreds of millions they've ploughed in.

Various posters have been saying there is a mysterious something going on behind the scenes but I think the grim reality is:
- Due to FFP and a player development system which is not yet fit for purpose, we have a very thin squad
- We have one reasonable striker
- We have only two creative players, who, on their day, can change games.

This is what is at the root of our problems, I believe, yet some people are pushing conspiracy theories.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Questions for Lee on 09:33 - Jan 30 with 1370 viewsQPR_Jim

Questions for Lee on 08:47 - Jan 30 by R_from_afar

Various posters have been saying there is a mysterious something going on behind the scenes but I think the grim reality is:
- Due to FFP and a player development system which is not yet fit for purpose, we have a very thin squad

This is what is at the root of our problems, I believe, yet some people are pushing conspiracy theories.

When a teams form drops so dramatically it normally suggests that somethings going on behind the scenes. Obviously the hope was Beale leaving and a new appointment would solve it, but things just don't seem to be improving.

As much as I love LF and trust him to always do what's right for the club, he may not be the best DoF for us. The below quotes really don't put LF in a good light.

Relating to Chris Ramsey - "His salary was a big bone of contention/subject of pis taking for Warburton and his group when relations deteriorated."

Beales quote - "you guys have a B Team here because everybody fell out with each other and you needed something for them to do"

Maybe LH needs to be setting targets for LF to improve the efficiency of the coaching staff. We should have a clear idea of what our youth structure is and stick to it, not change it to give people something to do. I thought that was something CR & LF were aligned on due to their time at Spurs together, they had a structure in mind, so it's disappointing to hear that particularly.
Questions for Lee on 09:59 - Jan 30 with 1314 viewsNortholt_Rs

Questions for Lee on 08:47 - Jan 30 by R_from_afar

I watched the Wrexham game yesterday…. Their desire to compete was chalk n cheese compared to our gutless wonders. There’s no excuse for not trying, not giving your all, being a professional FFS! How many of that team at Hull gave 100%? So what’s the club doing about it? LF, Ramsey, Hoos, etc will do nothing - they are all perfectly happy working with no set goals, picking up very decent money with no defined targets, it’s where the apathy at our club starts (and with our absentee owners) and it’s filtered down to the players and even us fans. So, it’s up to us - the fans - to do something. Clapping that shower off after what they delivered on Saturday….? Really? I wanted to throttle them.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Questions for Lee on 12:57 - Jan 30 with 1211 viewsR_from_afar

Questions for Lee on 09:59 - Jan 30 by Northolt_Rs

I watched the Wrexham game yesterday…. Their desire to compete was chalk n cheese compared to our gutless wonders. There’s no excuse for not trying, not giving your all, being a professional FFS! How many of that team at Hull gave 100%? So what’s the club doing about it? LF, Ramsey, Hoos, etc will do nothing - they are all perfectly happy working with no set goals, picking up very decent money with no defined targets, it’s where the apathy at our club starts (and with our absentee owners) and it’s filtered down to the players and even us fans. So, it’s up to us - the fans - to do something. Clapping that shower off after what they delivered on Saturday….? Really? I wanted to throttle them.

I wasn't at our game but no way would I have clapped them off. My approach has always been to try to encourage them during the actual game, then to make my displeasure felt, usually with sad-eyed head shaking and thumbs down gestures, not that that is going to make a fat lot of difference.

There was a match I was at when we fell apart - surprise surprise - and the then captain, Leigertwood (shudder), came over the to The Loft, to sheepishly give us a little clap. I was shaking my head at him, with my arms spread wide in exasperation. What did he do? He just shrugged.

Back to the present, we are on a terrible run and the players have had to cope with not only a change of managers - never easy - but a change of managers immediately after a big vote of confidence for the club from the outgoing manager. That really must be quite difficult to process.

In addition, I don't think they're blind to the thin nature of our squad, our lack of goals, or Willock's complete loss of form. That said, it would help no end if they put in one hundred per cent and tried to get up the pitch.

Having possession and being comfortable in possession is very important, but in and of itself, it doesn't bring success, it is meant to be a means to an end, i.e. to be creative enough to score goals and win games. Those possession stats from the last game were terrifying, our defence had so many touches, we need to get up the pitch but with Dykes out, that gets even harder.

I really feel for Critchley, he and his coaches have one hell of a mess to deal with. Horrible.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Questions for Lee on 15:41 - Jan 30 with 1038 viewsstanistheman

Questions for Lee on 21:18 - Jan 29 by Dixie_CT

Ramsey is on at least £150k+, and someone suggested that we keep him on in the academy instead of paying his contract up when he failed and was rightly sacked as first-team head coach. Well, that old contract must have expired by now, so why is he still here? Maybe because it is his mate who would have to sack him.

Alex Carroll is the Director of Operations, which is quite a job. I went for the same job as Alex when he joined the club, albeit in a lesser role of Head of Operations. He was given the job and did have more experience than me in an Academy Admin role, so it was a fair choice, and I was chuffed to just get an interview. He did always have one massive advantage over me, and that was he came from Spurs.

As well as Hall, who is for some reason now involved with the first team, you have Furs, Andy Impey (wtf!??) and Micah Hyde floating about. Hyde joined the club by starting with the Trust, which was frankly bizarre, and a little while later, he was full-time in the Academy.

I assume that Warburton wasn’t afraid to call some of the bullshit out, and that was the beginning of the end for him, especially as he knew what he was talking about with youth development and could tell them that the players weren’t good enough.

The Academy part of the club reeks of cronyism, with little to no scrutiny and the same amount of accountability. I get the feeling that they all feel like they are getting away with it and are probably surprised that no one is asking any pressing questions of them. House of cards.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2023 21:28]

That is terrible. We have so many of these guys working at the club and yet not one single player good enough from the U16s to have come through to the 1st team during the last 6 seasons. WTF are they doing? It’s jobs for the boys that the DoF gets along with.

They must be earning a fair bit of money that could have been better used to pay more wages to players we might have been otherwise able to sign.

When will one or more of the owners finally take action to sack them and bring in better qualified people to run the football side of things. Or are they content to continue to bankroll the club on this road of mediocrity?
Login to get fewer ads

Questions for Lee on 00:19 - Feb 1 with 818 viewseastside_r

Lee - Why are you moonlighting as the janitor at the end of the McDonald’s ‘eyebrows’ advert?
Questions for Lee on 02:09 - Feb 1 with 707 viewsozexile

Questions for Lee on 12:57 - Jan 30 by R_from_afar

I wasn't at our game but no way would I have clapped them off. My approach has always been to try to encourage them during the actual game, then to make my displeasure felt, usually with sad-eyed head shaking and thumbs down gestures, not that that is going to make a fat lot of difference.

There was a match I was at when we fell apart - surprise surprise - and the then captain, Leigertwood (shudder), came over the to The Loft, to sheepishly give us a little clap. I was shaking my head at him, with my arms spread wide in exasperation. What did he do? He just shrugged.

Back to the present, we are on a terrible run and the players have had to cope with not only a change of managers - never easy - but a change of managers immediately after a big vote of confidence for the club from the outgoing manager. That really must be quite difficult to process.

In addition, I don't think they're blind to the thin nature of our squad, our lack of goals, or Willock's complete loss of form. That said, it would help no end if they put in one hundred per cent and tried to get up the pitch.

Having possession and being comfortable in possession is very important, but in and of itself, it doesn't bring success, it is meant to be a means to an end, i.e. to be creative enough to score goals and win games. Those possession stats from the last game were terrifying, our defence had so many touches, we need to get up the pitch but with Dykes out, that gets even harder.

I really feel for Critchley, he and his coaches have one hell of a mess to deal with. Horrible.

I really think some people are going a bit overboard with the stress the poor luvs must be under about the manager change. Every other club's players get on with it.
God help them if they have to put up with some real stress in life. I know when I was their age who the manger was would have been the least of my worries.
The goals are the same size who ever the manager is. Just put the ball between them and get on with it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024