Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED 00:12 - Feb 16 with 15365 viewsNotLoyal

This is the game which will test the Swans the most over the coming eight days. It’s Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City in the Championship !

Kick off 3pm on Saturday 18th February 2022

Referee : THOMAS BRAMALL
Lino’s : Graham Kane and Richard Wild
Fourth Official : Robert Lewis

Thomas Bramall has never officiated at a home game for the Swans. And this is his third time away. He was the referee when Preston beat Swansea 3-1 back in 2021. And he was also the official when Oxford United dumped Swansea out of the League cup earlier on in the season. Rumour has it he was actually born in a Lane hence his surname.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59633/blackburn-rovers-l

Blackburn Rovers: Aynsley Pears, Harry Pickering, Daniel Ayala, Dominic Hyam, Sam Gallagher, Tyrhys Dolan, Sorba Thomas, Hayden Carter, John Buckley, Ben Brereton Diaz, Lewis Travis (captain).

Substitutes: Joe Hilton, Sammie Szmodics, Tyler Morton, Callum Brittain, Ash Phillips, Bradley Dack, Ryan Hedges.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Nathan Wood, Harry Darling, Ben Cabango; Joel Latibeaudiere, Jay Fulton, Joe Allen, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Luke Cundle; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andreas Sondergaard, Olivier Ntcham, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Liam Walsh, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59651/chances-spurned-no

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:46 - Feb 18 with 1787 viewspete

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:36 - Feb 18 by Dr_Parnassus

We were not in striking distance of the play offs. It’s a mathematical fallacy, it takes Martin 18 games to win 3 games… people see a points gap and immediately convert it into how many games worth of points it is.

It doesn’t work like that.

We did not “lose” 5 players.

We allowed players to leave that Martin didn’t want to play, it’s a massive difference.

you just like an argument , i dont,well as i say you wont change my mind, we lost 5 players that could possibly have helped an international stiker who could not knucle down and not replaced any way its pointless going on time will tell and yes the manager has to take some of the plame, have a nice trip home or good rest of the wkend, best wishes
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:50 - Feb 18 with 1744 viewsDr_Parnassus

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:46 - Feb 18 by pete

you just like an argument , i dont,well as i say you wont change my mind, we lost 5 players that could possibly have helped an international stiker who could not knucle down and not replaced any way its pointless going on time will tell and yes the manager has to take some of the plame, have a nice trip home or good rest of the wkend, best wishes

I like common sense.

You are moaning about sending players away that Martin didn’t want or play, and pretending that he isn’t the issue behind our performances for the last 85+ games.

It’s like people only started watching since January or something. Wake up.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:55 - Feb 18 with 1739 viewspete

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:50 - Feb 18 by Dr_Parnassus

I like common sense.

You are moaning about sending players away that Martin didn’t want or play, and pretending that he isn’t the issue behind our performances for the last 85+ games.

It’s like people only started watching since January or something. Wake up.

i bet he would not have sent the 5 off if he knew there would be no replacements and as i said he HAS to take some of the blame, do you think they will remove him and his coaches before the season ends and honestly who would replace him ? ? just a fair question or 2 lol
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:01 - Feb 18 with 1709 viewspencoedjack

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:35 - Feb 18 by ploppy

People can blame the manager all they want but I've come to the conclusion that the players aren't good enough. Our position in the table reflects the quality of those players.

Shocking defending again to concede late on. It comes down to concentrating for 90+ mins and having composure when things get frantic. Our players can't do either of those.

Yeah you’d think the manager would also learn from conceding late goals.

This team/fans deserves a better manager.

He’s shite end of.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:02 - Feb 18 with 1693 viewsDr_Parnassus

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:55 - Feb 18 by pete

i bet he would not have sent the 5 off if he knew there would be no replacements and as i said he HAS to take some of the blame, do you think they will remove him and his coaches before the season ends and honestly who would replace him ? ? just a fair question or 2 lol

Yes, he dropped them long before. He was never going to play them.

But he’s brought in 22 players to date and hasn’t really improved, so I refuse to believe the names mentioned in January would have fixed everything. His methods are fundamentally flawed and haven’t been addressed, in fact only reaffirmed.

No idea what the owners will do, it’s something they have to weigh up. As obvious a decision it seems on the surface, it is actually a complex one with several facets.

If they did it however, then Joe Allen would be the obvious choice for an internal appointment, who could combine with Cameron Toshack for example.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:03 - Feb 18 with 1699 viewsunion_jack

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:35 - Feb 18 by ploppy

People can blame the manager all they want but I've come to the conclusion that the players aren't good enough. Our position in the table reflects the quality of those players.

Shocking defending again to concede late on. It comes down to concentrating for 90+ mins and having composure when things get frantic. Our players can't do either of those.

A defence is strong when they work as a unit. Individual weaknesses can be camouflaged so long as they are all in sync,

From what I can recall if Blackburn’s goal they were all over the shop.

This is stuff practiced ad nauseum on the training field. Clearly it’s not in our case.

So yes, it is Martin’s fault. He hasn’t got a clue.

He should not be defended by anyone now because his incompetence, or maybe more kindly put his inability is there for all to see.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 18:06]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:06 - Feb 18 with 1676 viewsjojaca

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:55 - Feb 18 by pete

There is still plenty of games left to get on a run and reach play offs with a new manager. With current guy in charge the season is dead and relegation is still in the realms of possibility. All down to the owners, do the have worthy replacement in mind and is the gamble for change too costly.

Even when you know, you never know?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:10 - Feb 18 with 1654 viewsTenbySwan

Play offs ?

Premier League challengers?

You're having a laugh.
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:12 - Feb 18 with 1640 viewsunion_jack

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:10 - Feb 18 by TenbySwan

Play offs ?

Premier League challengers?

You're having a laugh.

I’m looking at survival and only that.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:16 - Feb 18 with 1621 viewsshingle

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:17 - Feb 18 by Dr_Parnassus

You would think almost 90 games in that he would have realised that, wouldn’t you?

Do you reckon he has lots of sleepless nights.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:17 - Feb 18 with 1619 viewskrunchykarrot

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:12 - Feb 18 by union_jack

I’m looking at survival and only that.

Me as well, but with a back four and Whittaker given a run up front. and if we get safe start giving our youngsters mins.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:27 - Feb 18 with 1579 viewsshingle

Seriously we all need to spare a thought for those who are now making the 5 hour drive home and are a 100 quid or so out of pocket.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:29 - Feb 18 with 1573 viewsBryanSwan

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:17 - Feb 18 by krunchykarrot

Me as well, but with a back four and Whittaker given a run up front. and if we get safe start giving our youngsters mins.

Russ appears to have resigned any chance of a back four, was never going to work without any width either way.
We are stuck with Manning, Latibaudiere and Sorinola pretending to be wingers.
I'm hoping Martin will go and we are allowed to have players with pace and attacking intent.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:37 - Feb 18 with 1530 viewsTreforys_Jack

The tactics and team selection is shocking, most of the people arguing with DrP are only responding to the poster not what he posts. RM simply doesn't learn, part of me thinks he wants to get sacked for the pay off, what other possible reason can he have for being so inept in virtually every dept.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:38 - Feb 18 with 1528 viewskrunchykarrot

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:29 - Feb 18 by BryanSwan

Russ appears to have resigned any chance of a back four, was never going to work without any width either way.
We are stuck with Manning, Latibaudiere and Sorinola pretending to be wingers.
I'm hoping Martin will go and we are allowed to have players with pace and attacking intent.

Well its the only way i can see us getting anything out of games, any cross ball in behind has us crapping ourselves. We are slow everywhere and take forever to get an opening, when we do play with a bit of pace we look great but we are not good enough to maintain the level and never will be with this squad.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:41 - Feb 18 with 1512 viewsraynor94

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 17:18 - Feb 18 by pete

whilst seeing every ones point these owners do not care like we all do ,they will not spend the money to remove him and his coaches and they will not really support ANY new manager as this one and the last 2 goes to prove, so untill they sell up get used to this year on year to come because THATS where the MAJOR problems stem from

Sell up! Who on earth would be interested in buying us.

Martin has been backed, and taken us backwards sadly

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:54 - Feb 18 with 1456 viewsBryanSwan

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:38 - Feb 18 by krunchykarrot

Well its the only way i can see us getting anything out of games, any cross ball in behind has us crapping ourselves. We are slow everywhere and take forever to get an opening, when we do play with a bit of pace we look great but we are not good enough to maintain the level and never will be with this squad.

I think we have a pretty decent core if we could get a manager in to make use of it.
Benda
RB? Cabango Darling LB??
Grimes Fulton Allen
RW? Piroe LW?
We desperately need quality width.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:58 - Feb 18 with 1441 viewsvetchonian

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:54 - Feb 18 by BryanSwan

I think we have a pretty decent core if we could get a manager in to make use of it.
Benda
RB? Cabango Darling LB??
Grimes Fulton Allen
RW? Piroe LW?

we desperately need a proper manager

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:02 - Feb 18 with 1409 viewsKeithHaynes

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 18:54 - Feb 18 by BryanSwan

Benda
RB? Cabango Darling LB??
Grimes Fulton Allen
RW? Piroe LW?

It was very hard to work out todays idea.
But had it achieved a point I would have been more sympathetic.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:13 - Feb 18 with 1379 viewsBryanSwan

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:02 - Feb 18 by KeithHaynes

It was very hard to work out todays idea.
But had it achieved a point I would have been more sympathetic.

I've always had an issue with the 5 at the back system, it takes away from further up the field and without some serious wingbacks you end up with no option out wide.
It's not as if we have a Maatsen or Roberts on either side.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:05 - Feb 18 with 1259 viewstheloneranger

A new shirt sponsor announced this evening ...

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:26 - Feb 18 with 1199 viewsploppy

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 19:13 - Feb 18 by BryanSwan

I've always had an issue with the 5 at the back system, it takes away from further up the field and without some serious wingbacks you end up with no option out wide.
It's not as if we have a Maatsen or Roberts on either side.

We didn't play 5 at the back today. We played 3-4-2-1, or thereabouts. A back 3 of Cabango, Wood and Darling. Enough to put the willies up any Swans fan.
Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:08 - Feb 18 with 1142 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

It’s probably time to stop overthinking things

Terrible results
Poor performances
Despite January we still have a decent squad

If it was a manger who didn’t have this philosophy everyone would be be calling for his head
He really seems like a decent and nice guy but it’s time to explore alternatives
[Post edited 18 Feb 2023 21:11]

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:08 - Feb 18 with 1142 viewsBryanSwan

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 20:26 - Feb 18 by ploppy

We didn't play 5 at the back today. We played 3-4-2-1, or thereabouts. A back 3 of Cabango, Wood and Darling. Enough to put the willies up any Swans fan.

Aye Martin might want to pretend its a 3421, but when youve got 3 centre halves, 2 limited fullbacks I'd call it a five. It's not as if either fullback has any attcking ability.

Blackburn Rovers v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 UPDATED on 21:38 - Feb 18 with 1064 viewsQJumpingJack

Maybe Martin needed an experienced old head next to him - which was discussed last Summer. Calderwood was linked but the deal never happened.
One would imagine that a defeat to Stoke on Tuesday means a change is likely. O'Leary in temp charge for Rotherham?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024