Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park 18:05 - Feb 17 with 1248 viewsdurham_exile

Despite the lack of quality on Tuesday night it is another point which could prove valuable at the end of the season. Tomorrow the Super U’s travel to Brunton Park Carlisle for a vital game against the Cumbrians.

Potentially a record breaker with the U’s looking for their sixth successive Away win (and incredibly I have been to five out of the six). Now let’s not get ahead of ourselves. Paul Simpson’s side sit third in the table and despite their last two Home defeats to Harrogate and Mansfield they will be keen not to make it three successive home losses.

Simpson has also hinted at personnel changes for the game. He has Omari Patrick, Kristian Dennis and Joe Garner at his disposal who all know where the goal is.

I have been checking my last 8 trips to Brunton Park and we have won three drawn two and lost three including a 4-0 defeat on a shocking day. In fact, the weather at Carlisle often plays a big part in the game. The rain can come in horizontally and sometimes we have had snow and sometimes sunshine. Storm OTTO last night and for much of today has brought strong winds and driving rain.

The forecast for Carlisle tomorrow is a mild 10 degrees Celsius with strong winds and a 25% chance of rain and mostly cloudy. In fact, nothing to surprise us for a February day so close to the Scottish border.

MB has another selection headache with a number of injured players the latest Cole Skuse who now requires a minor operation. There are doubts too about Luke Chambers who had to go off on Tuesday night. Will Greenidge will doubtless deputise if Chambers is not fit.

In fact, the defence is not really a problem at present, the midfield equally so but it is up front where MB has an embarrassment of riches but is unsure of his best two strikers.
Samson Tovide
John Akinde
Tom Hopper
Kwesi Appiah

Are all fit and have played, but who is the best pairing.

The pitch at Brunton Park is wide and so this will determine MB’s thinking. I would like to see Samson Tovide and Tom Hopper in the attack. Appiah can be offered 25 minutes as an impact player if required.

So, if fit let us play 3,4,1,2:

O’Hara

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Jay Ashley Wood

Chilvers

Tovide Hopper

Subs
Smith Greenidge Read Newby Marshall-Miranda Appiah Akinde

We are now approaching the business end of the season with the following still to come after tomorrow:
Northampton H
Bradford A
Stockport H
Orient A
Tranmere H
Newport H
Stevenage A
Crewe H
Salford A
Crawley A
Sutton H
Doncaster A
Mansfield H

We sit in 16th place with 35 points from 32 games. If MB had arrived two months earlier we might already be knocking on the door of the top seven. It is still a possibility, albeit a remote one. Although I will go as far as to say that we are virtually safe from the dreaded relegation with just 13 more points required. Of course another 35 from 14 games will give us 70 points. Just saying.

So, three more points tomorrow. Yes we can be record breakers. It is all about what we do as a team. I think another tough game but the team can secure that 6th consecutive Away win with a 2-0 margin and Tchamadeu and Tovide on the scoresheet.

All teams have a poor spell and Carlisle are having theirs now. They can afford another defeat without it harming their promotion opportunity. Tomorrow is all about Colchester and what MB can do. Forget about the drabness of Walsall on Tuesday night, this is all about three more Away points.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful. Hopefully see you at the ground Noah. A 650-mile round trip shows the quality of support. Just 55 miles each way for me. Can we take 300 plus to Brunton Park.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 18:14 - Feb 17 with 1237 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I'm sure Junior is suspended for the next two games but I can't find confirmation of this anywhere. Maybe we're not saying anything about it so Carlisle are unaware that he won't be playing.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=136718

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 18:15 - Feb 17 with 1234 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Also if Greenidge does start and plays anything like he did against Braintree we'll be in big trouble.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 18:21 - Feb 17 with 1224 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 18:14 - Feb 17 by RSCOSWORTH

I'm sure Junior is suspended for the next two games but I can't find confirmation of this anywhere. Maybe we're not saying anything about it so Carlisle are unaware that he won't be playing.

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=136718

RS thanks for pointing that out. Yes sadly 10 bookings.

Then Kazeem will play in his place or Marley Marshall Miranda.

Up the U's
[Post edited 17 Feb 2023 18:24]

Durham_exile

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 12:57 - Feb 18 with 1108 viewsdurham_exile

Another dry and mild day here in Carlisle.

Some of the faithful have already arrived.
Six hour journey from Colchester which is not bad going.

Car Park is ok.
Settling down for some lunch.

Safe journey all

Up the U's

Record breaking day today.
6 successive Away wins.

Durham_exile

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 13:17 - Feb 18 with 1096 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 12:57 - Feb 18 by durham_exile

Another dry and mild day here in Carlisle.

Some of the faithful have already arrived.
Six hour journey from Colchester which is not bad going.

Car Park is ok.
Settling down for some lunch.

Safe journey all

Up the U's

Record breaking day today.
6 successive Away wins.

Have they got a pier in Carlisle Peter?
Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 13:28 - Feb 18 with 1091 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 13:17 - Feb 18 by gerry_us

Have they got a pier in Carlisle Peter?

Gerry any more floods and I reckon they will build one at Brunton Park.

No Papas so brewers Fayre instead.

Weather is mild and although breezy nowhere near what we've had for the past two days with OTTO.

We're good value for a win today.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 13:38 - Feb 18 with 1090 viewsnoah4x4

CUSA coach should have left at 06.00, but didn’t arrive until 06.45. Only one stop instead of two, and now entering the outskirts of Carlisle (pertinent that predictive text offered me “Out Shits”).

Now in slow moving queue. Little chance of making the Rugby Club for a decent pint. Full bus though (51 peeps).
Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 14:14 - Feb 18 with 1067 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 13:38 - Feb 18 by noah4x4

CUSA coach should have left at 06.00, but didn’t arrive until 06.45. Only one stop instead of two, and now entering the outskirts of Carlisle (pertinent that predictive text offered me “Out Shits”).

Now in slow moving queue. Little chance of making the Rugby Club for a decent pint. Full bus though (51 peeps).

Team

Enforced changes

O'Hara

Smith Kelleher Hall

Greenidge Ashley Read Wood

Chilvers

Appiah Tovide

Subs

Smith Newby Jay Akinde Hopper Kazeem Miranda

Up the record breaking U's

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 14:42 - Feb 18 with 1054 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 14:14 - Feb 18 by durham_exile

Team

Enforced changes

O'Hara

Smith Kelleher Hall

Greenidge Ashley Read Wood

Chilvers

Appiah Tovide

Subs

Smith Newby Jay Akinde Hopper Kazeem Miranda

Up the record breaking U's

Looks like 5 at the back from the warm up.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 14:44 - Feb 18 with 1052 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 14:42 - Feb 18 by durham_exile

Looks like 5 at the back from the warm up.

Up the U's

You can tell from the warm up?
What about upfront then?
Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 14:56 - Feb 18 with 1046 viewsMadeira163

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 13:38 - Feb 18 by noah4x4

Noah
I waited sad and lonely in the rugby club , the only Colchester shirt
Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 15:07 - Feb 18 with 1039 viewsgerry_us

Ooops....
for Madeira and U's
Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 15:19 - Feb 18 with 1029 viewsburnsieespana

Will defi take one point today as not a lot of confidence in the line up.
Bizarrely the bench looks very strong.
Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 15:40 - Feb 18 with 1015 viewsnoah4x4

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 14:56 - Feb 18 by Madeira163

Noah
I waited sad and lonely in the rugby club , the only Colchester shirt

We departed 45 minutes late (driver overslept?) so Coach arrived too late to get to rugby club Madeira. Sorry. Also sorry you witnessing awful football. Greenidge looks totally out of his depth, as he was versus Braintree
Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 15:57 - Feb 18 with 1002 viewsgerry_us

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 15:40 - Feb 18 by noah4x4

We departed 45 minutes late (driver overslept?) so Coach arrived too late to get to rugby club Madeira. Sorry. Also sorry you witnessing awful football. Greenidge looks totally out of his depth, as he was versus Braintree

Oh for Tom Eastman
Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 17:10 - Feb 18 with 956 viewswessex_exile

Disappointing, because apart from our defensive f'ck-up to gift them an early goal, you would have been hard-pressed to tell promotion and relegation candidates apart. The U's just didn't have enough attacking intent, certainly not until Jay, Akinde and Hopper came on, but still it was too cautious, too much sideways and backwards, not enough urgency. With results today, Rochdale look doomed, and I'd say one from Harrogate, Hartlepool and Crawley, but I'd be a bit more relaxed if we could put a bit more distance between that group and ourselves.

Difficult game coming up next Saturday, particularly with the Cobblers smarting from a surprise home defeat to Grimsby this afternoon.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 18:19 - Feb 18 with 917 viewsgerry_us

U's shots on target..NIL.
Something we really must do something about. It's not the first time we have suffered that ignominy this season.
Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 18:43 - Feb 18 with 905 viewswessex_exile

Super U's to outfox the Cumbrians at Brunton Park on 18:19 - Feb 18 by gerry_us

U's shots on target..NIL.
Something we really must do something about. It's not the first time we have suffered that ignominy this season.

I do wonder sometimes how they come up with these stats, because I'm pretty sure Matt Jay's effort was on target until it was blocked for a corner - not that one is that much better than zero I grant you.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024