Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient 11:26 - Mar 18 with 1457 viewsdurham_exile

BG and his beleaguered team head to Leyton Orient today spurred on by 1,000 of the faithful. Brisbane Road holds no fears for the U’s, but much depends on BG’s ability to play a strong and resilient team. Four successive defeats and no goals has dissipated all the good work that MB had instilled into the team.

BG is hinting at a change of formation. Just as long as he does not revert to the lone striker nonsense (again). Richie Wellens looks set to take the O’s up to league one whilst the U’s are now nervously looking over their shoulders again.

This week has seen the mutual parting of the ways with Big Frank. With over 150 appearances for the U’s and still only 31 Frank will get another club. We wish him well.

Gillingham 35 38
COL U 36 35
Harrogate 36 35
Hartlepool 36 30
Crawley 34 29
Rochdale 36 25

In truth Rochdale are doomed and then it is one from the next 5 teams. We still need 13 more points to be safe from the 30 still on offer.

Remaining fixtures:

Orient A
Tranmere H
Newport H
Stevenage A
Crewe H
Salford A*
Crawley A
Sutton H
Doncaster A*
Mansfield H*

*My last three games of the season!

BG must be brave today; I suggest 3,4,1,2

O’Hara

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Ashley Read Wood

Chilvers

Hopper Tovide

Subs: Smith, Newby, Fevrier, Sears, Jay, Marshall-Miranda, Akinde

Weather in East London, cloudy a mild 12 degrees Celsius, 39% chance of rain.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful. Approximately 40% of trains running to day. Comrade Lynch has turned down the latest pay offer even though many of the members are urging him to settle.

Enjoy the game.

Scoreline a magnificent 2-1 to the Super U’s in a pulsating game. Chilvers and Tovide on the scoresheet.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 12:18 - Mar 18 with 1423 viewsmfb_cufc

Wood won't be playing as he is on loan from Orient.

We have a good recent record at Orient. Not lost there for the last five games.

Orient are undefeated at home for the last 12 games. With 10 clean sheets in that time.

mfb

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 12:39 - Mar 18 with 1417 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 12:18 - Mar 18 by mfb_cufc

Wood won't be playing as he is on loan from Orient.

We have a good recent record at Orient. Not lost there for the last five games.

Orient are undefeated at home for the last 12 games. With 10 clean sheets in that time.

Mick quite right about Wood, my oversight.
Newby to play instead

Our excellent recent record at Brisbane Road is exactly my point.
I expect us to upset the odds with a handsome victory.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 14:14 - Mar 18 with 1392 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 12:39 - Mar 18 by durham_exile

Mick quite right about Wood, my oversight.
Newby to play instead

Our excellent recent record at Brisbane Road is exactly my point.
I expect us to upset the odds with a handsome victory.

Up the U's

Starting XI

O'Hara

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Ashley Newby Kazeem

Chilvers

Hopper Tovide

Subs as suggested.

That is a match winning squad

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 15:36 - Mar 18 with 1366 viewsdurham_exile

Despite conceding a penalty converted by Moncur there is nothing in this game.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 15:38 - Mar 18 with 1365 viewsgerry_us

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 14:14 - Mar 18 by durham_exile

Starting XI

O'Hara

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Ashley Newby Kazeem

Chilvers

Hopper Tovide

Subs as suggested.

That is a match winning squad

Up the U's

Pity Moncur is not still one of us.
1-0 Long way to go as we are not scoring many!
Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 15:47 - Mar 18 with 1352 viewswessex_exile

Soft penalty decision, but bad mistake by Kelleher to allow it. Otherwise an even game to be honest.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 15:52 - Mar 18 with 1348 viewsthrillseeker

Bit late today bit why has Jay been dropped.

Best player against Stockport

Jay will be our new Jevani Brown - a player with ability, too clever for his team mates, a system that does not suit him and we will drain his confidence
Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 15:54 - Mar 18 with 1345 viewsthrillseeker

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 15:36 - Mar 18 by durham_exile

Despite conceding a penalty converted by Moncur there is nothing in this game.

Up the U's

Bored of hearing the same every game

Pressure really on to get a result when you consider our inability to score goals
Login to get fewer ads

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 16:03 - Mar 18 with 1333 viewsnoah4x4

Goalkeeper cleaned out Tovide, but no penalty. Same ref that screwed us at Mansfield. But our shot count tells everything. Pretty passing football, zero end product. With Crawley winning and Hartlepool taking a point, we need something fast.
Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 16:31 - Mar 18 with 1312 viewsnoah4x4

Chambers gift! 2-0.

Get Eastman back…urgently!
Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 16:54 - Mar 18 with 1281 viewsdurham_exile

Come on
We deserve a point

Durham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 16:56 - Mar 18 with 1279 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 16:54 - Mar 18 by durham_exile

Come on
We deserve a point

Chilvers get in
Now for the winner

Durham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 17:00 - Mar 18 with 1270 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 16:56 - Mar 18 by durham_exile

Chilvers get in
Now for the winner

Now that's more like it.

Deserved equaliser and a valuable point.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 17:02 - Mar 18 with 1266 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 17:00 - Mar 18 by durham_exile

Now that's more like it.

Deserved equaliser and a valuable point.

Up the U's

Plus QPR and Wyscum both lost

Durham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 17:09 - Mar 18 with 1249 viewsthrillseeker

Didn't see that result coming but very happy

I am little concerned the final result papers over many cracks

Off to pub tonight in a happy mood for once

I really hope this comeback provides a confidence boost for the players
Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 17:11 - Mar 18 with 1245 viewswessex_exile

Fantastic fightback, nothing more than we deserved. I didn't expect us to get anything today, so that is indeed a very welcome point, and we've got that no goals monkey off our back too.

Up the U's

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 17:50 - Mar 18 with 1211 viewsburnsieespana

Important point given the other results.
Getting very tight.
Rochdale scoring 4 at home must be fuming they only got one point.
Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 18:08 - Mar 18 with 1195 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 17:50 - Mar 18 by burnsieespana

Important point given the other results.
Getting very tight.
Rochdale scoring 4 at home must be fuming they only got one point.

Connor Hall's header was excellent, but Noah Chilvers must be goal of the season.

Outstanding.

Now for those last 12 points to put this season to bed.

It is so frustrating when the team is capable of far more than we are achieving.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 19:00 - Mar 18 with 1167 viewswessex_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 18:08 - Mar 18 by durham_exile

Connor Hall's header was excellent, but Noah Chilvers must be goal of the season.

Outstanding.

Now for those last 12 points to put this season to bed.

It is so frustrating when the team is capable of far more than we are achieving.

Up the U's

I'll gladly take 12 points, but I have a feel low 40s might be enough for safety. Two consecutive home victories over Tranmere and Newport (both winnable) could just be enough.

Up the U's

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 19:04 - Mar 18 with 1164 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 19:00 - Mar 18 by wessex_exile

I'll gladly take 12 points, but I have a feel low 40s might be enough for safety. Two consecutive home victories over Tranmere and Newport (both winnable) could just be enough.

Wessex the Crawley game could be the ultimate six pointer.

Ideally we can not only secure the 12 points but also push on to get over 50 but it will be yet another season of struggle which is so frustrating.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 20:10 - Mar 18 with 1132 viewsoxfcolu

As previously stated to many defensive mistakes, but a brilliant fight back against the league leaders. There is enough in the squad to turn this around but must concentrate better when defending.
Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 20:35 - Mar 18 with 1118 viewswessex_exile

From the O's unofficial message board:

"You’re right. Clearly the team has regressed over the last couple of months. It’s a real shame too - although I’m still confident we will finish top, the impetus that was created in the first half of the season has been lost and that might have a knock on effect in L1 as FGR have found to their cost!
Still, well done Colchester - thoroughly earned their point on the day.
"

To be fair, they probably will still win the league, but heartening to hear praise where praise is due.

Up the U's

Super U's full of Eastern promise in the Orient on 20:47 - Mar 18 with 1109 viewsBFG

Seve, Lewis & I enjoyed our day out with Lewis taking in his first away trip.

Nice to see 915 away fans

Highlights:
https://www.skysports.com/football/leyton-orient-vs-colchester-united/report/468
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024