Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
POMO 20:29 - Mar 23 with 580 viewsdurham_exile

Declan Rice scored to put England 1-0.

Dion Dublin said he was in the Position of Maximum Opportunity or POMO.

Unbelievable.

Kane has just made it 2-0

Durham_exile

POMO on 06:01 - Mar 24 with 518 viewsnoah4x4

Perhaps makes more sense than "fox in the box" or some of Motties (RIP) descriptions of strikes within 6 yard box. But Dion has evidently been to too many auctions and hob-knobbed with business jargon..

Did Kalvin Phillips touch the ball? I don't recall mention of his name until he was subbed. Why select him and Maguire etc when they have negligible Premier League time? The statistic that stood out for me was that amid the remaining Italian teams in the Champions League only seven players were eligible for Italy. I suspect that the few Englishmen in the Premier League run that ratio close. That probably has to change if England (or Italy) are to win any tournament. Perhaps relevant that an Argentine scored for Italy. I wonder if he speaks more Italian than Matty Cash speaks Polish? I am eligible for Poland, and can speak three useless sentences unless seeking a pint or a lavatory!

It was an England win, but ugly. The second half reminded me of League Two football. Stray passes finding opposition shirts, hoofball in anywhere will do mode. I thought, unlucky Italy, as the penalty was harsh given I don't see how the defender had any control over the handball that occured with his arm extended backwards and he not even looking at the ball. We have seen loads of similar calls for handball not given to the U's this season. VAR is changing the game. Why not make ANY connection with an arm below the elbow (or even wrist) automatic handball for clarity?

Why didn't Italy start with the excellent Gnonto? Hats off to Kane for breaking the scoring record. He must be crazy to stay at Spurs and have zero medals for his efforts. Can't see him picking up any silverware with England based on tonight's overall perhaps fortunate performance.
POMO on 07:59 - Mar 24 with 509 viewsbwildered

Congrats to England and captain Harry Hotspur, the best Italian job since 1961, ( and Michael Caine venture in 🚗 70’s ) .
If you wanted the U’s to play a passing game, look no further than Englands first half, ( apart from 100m man Grealish glaring miss to wrap the game up before half time ) , had control throughout.
Seems incredible that Harry Hotspur has not got the important winners medal 🎖, of PL, or Chumps league in his cabinet and possibly not even a goal against the U’s in the domestic games.
Time to move on Harry until it’s too late, sentimentality for the Spuds 🥔 can only go so far .

Forget POMO, how about RPRT , right place, right time .
[Post edited 24 Mar 2023 19:39]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024