Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game 11:18 - Mar 31 with 25051 viewselectricblue

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 23:41 - Apr 4 with 1693 viewsAtThePeake

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 14:21 - Apr 4 by TalkingSutty

Well we'll have to beg to differ on that, for a long time during the lock down season ( around the time we played Stockport in the cup) we hardly had a shot on goal. The majority of home games were played in our own half building up the possession stats and passing it around our defence. We had a few games that bucked the trend but I remember that as being the dullest football I've ever witnessed. We haven't been very good under Stockdale and Bentley but we have at last looked to get forward instead of just passing for passing sakes. BBM relegated a decent team, his tactics did that I would suggest, alongside other factors. A manager who never saw winning football matches as the number one priority. He had his backers BBM but the reality was he should have been sacked around about that Stockport game.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2023 14:50]

I agree that his tactics relegated us and that the squad he had should've stayed up. 100%. I don't think he was cut-out for first-team management and I think he should've been sacked in that season (the MK Dons defeat in the February was the cut-off point for me. We didn't fail to score in any of our five games before the Stockport match and we'd only lost one of those games too. We were doing okay prior to that game, I'd argue that defeat was the catalyst for the poorer form).

Like I say, I'm not a BBM apologist by any stretch, I just disagree that it was more boring than the absolute dross we've been served up since. I've found Stockdale and Bentley's football to be pathetically dull at times, and despite them apparently being more results-driven than BBM we scored more goals and won more games with BBM in charge than we have with both of those managers, and that was in the division above.

Tangled up in blue.

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 06:42 - Apr 5 with 1573 viewsTalkingSutty

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 23:41 - Apr 4 by AtThePeake

I agree that his tactics relegated us and that the squad he had should've stayed up. 100%. I don't think he was cut-out for first-team management and I think he should've been sacked in that season (the MK Dons defeat in the February was the cut-off point for me. We didn't fail to score in any of our five games before the Stockport match and we'd only lost one of those games too. We were doing okay prior to that game, I'd argue that defeat was the catalyst for the poorer form).

Like I say, I'm not a BBM apologist by any stretch, I just disagree that it was more boring than the absolute dross we've been served up since. I've found Stockdale and Bentley's football to be pathetically dull at times, and despite them apparently being more results-driven than BBM we scored more goals and won more games with BBM in charge than we have with both of those managers, and that was in the division above.

We did have a much better team with BBM though. He had a coaching philosophy that was all well and good when it was written down in a manual but when you are asking lower league footballers to play the ball out from their own goal line and through the thirds you are asking for trouble, even Premiership defenders struggle to do that. It resulted in us inviting our opponents on to us, especially at home but we had fantastic possession stats. Wasn't BBM responsible for our longest ever run at home without a victory? We've had so many poor managers recently they all seem to have blended into one🙂. All about opinions like we said.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 7:12]
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 12:35 - Apr 5 with 1306 viewselectricblue

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 06:42 - Apr 5 by TalkingSutty

We did have a much better team with BBM though. He had a coaching philosophy that was all well and good when it was written down in a manual but when you are asking lower league footballers to play the ball out from their own goal line and through the thirds you are asking for trouble, even Premiership defenders struggle to do that. It resulted in us inviting our opponents on to us, especially at home but we had fantastic possession stats. Wasn't BBM responsible for our longest ever run at home without a victory? We've had so many poor managers recently they all seem to have blended into one🙂. All about opinions like we said.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2023 7:12]

And isnt it about time then that a decent manager came into the role.....!

Even if it costs a couple hundred pound a week extra.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 16:39 - Apr 5 with 1137 viewsseasidedale

What worries me is if we go for “the cheap option” which could result in an even bigger disaster on the pitch.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 16:45 - Apr 5 with 1124 viewsAtThePeake

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 16:39 - Apr 5 by seasidedale

What worries me is if we go for “the cheap option” which could result in an even bigger disaster on the pitch.

And where are we getting the money to go for a non-cheap option?

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024