Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game 11:18 - Mar 31 with 25053 viewselectricblue

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 17:02 - Apr 1 with 3424 viewsBarrowdale

Could potentially be interesting at 5pm friday if all goes well
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 17:28 - Apr 1 with 3083 views442Dale

McNulty sounding like BBM on the radio. Going on about elite football, processes and the style.

Not wanting to put a dampener on what they’ve achieved today, but this really is a contributing factor as to why we are where we are.

“We planned for things to go wrong”. How about not using processes where there is a greater risk of things going wrong? Modern football is rubbish.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 17:57 - Apr 1 with 2871 viewsfourfourtwo

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 17:28 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

McNulty sounding like BBM on the radio. Going on about elite football, processes and the style.

Not wanting to put a dampener on what they’ve achieved today, but this really is a contributing factor as to why we are where we are.

“We planned for things to go wrong”. How about not using processes where there is a greater risk of things going wrong? Modern football is rubbish.

Whether you like it is irrelevant.

Whatever he has done/said has worked. He’s just won his first game in football management let him have his moment.

If we win every game from now until the end of the season I couldn’t care less what he says on Radio Bolton.

Another pantomime villain of the season, EEL, was tremendous defensively second half.

I really do hope Lloyd stays next season, regardless of why division we’re in. I’d offer him a 2 year deal and the captaincy.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 17:59 - Apr 1 with 2847 views442Dale

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 17:57 - Apr 1 by fourfourtwo

Whatever he has done/said has worked. He’s just won his first game in football management let him have his moment.

If we win every game from now until the end of the season I couldn’t care less what he says on Radio Bolton.

Another pantomime villain of the season, EEL, was tremendous defensively second half.

I really do hope Lloyd stays next season, regardless of why division we’re in. I’d offer him a 2 year deal and the captaincy.

I know it’s irrelevant. I also gave credit to him and the players for the result.

It’s a philosophy that has contributed to our demise though.

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:04 - Apr 1 with 2803 viewsoddjob007

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 17:59 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

I know it’s irrelevant. I also gave credit to him and the players for the result.

Swings and roundabouts…. Saved us when BBM took over initially.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:11 - Apr 1 with 2746 views442Dale

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:04 - Apr 1 by oddjob007

Swings and roundabouts…. Saved us when BBM took over initially.

Not the case. When BBM came in we played a style that concentrated on a solid defensive base and looking to pick up results, as illustrated by the four 1-0 wins late in the season which saw us avoid relegation.

He also looked to change it again in the season we were eventually relegated. It was the insistence on sticking to philosophies and processes prior to a brief late season revival that saw us go down.

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:12 - Apr 1 with 2743 viewsfourfourtwo

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 17:59 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

BBM is one of the better managers we’ve had. I know it might pain some of you on here to hear that but he was.

Compare BBM with the likes of RS, JB, Buckley etc… we have had far, far worse.

Was he perfect? Absolutely not. But the quality of players he managed to bring in was unquestionable.

We should have stayed up that season, no doubt. But nobody really knows what else had been going on in the background during that period.

His “partnership” with DB will forever tarnish his name, coupled with the antics of his missus.

There were flaws but no doubt he was better than the majority of managers we have had over the years.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:17 - Apr 1 with 2690 views442Dale

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:12 - Apr 1 by fourfourtwo

BBM is one of the better managers we’ve had. I know it might pain some of you on here to hear that but he was.

Was he perfect? Absolutely not. But the quality of players he managed to bring in was unquestionable.

We should have stayed up that season, no doubt. But nobody really knows what else had been going on in the background during that period.

His “partnership” with DB will forever tarnish his name, coupled with the antics of his missus.

There were flaws but no doubt he was better than the majority of managers we have had over the years.

His links to those at the club never bothered me, the nonsense that has been said about that relegation season never makes sense. The issue was he claimed to have a philosophy, tried to stick to it, yet knew we’d get better results playing differently and then sometimes changed back to it.

He wasn’t an awful manager, but he was one who was with us at the wrong time and cost us L1 status when we had a squad that should have stayed up.

Login to get fewer ads

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:19 - Apr 1 with 2670 viewsoddjob007

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:11 - Apr 1 by 442Dale

Not the case. When BBM came in we played a style that concentrated on a solid defensive base and looking to pick up results, as illustrated by the four 1-0 wins late in the season which saw us avoid relegation.

He also looked to change it again in the season we were eventually relegated. It was the insistence on sticking to philosophies and processes prior to a brief late season revival that saw us go down.

Remind me the score and style of play today? 1-0, 2 shots on target?

Not sure what your point is tbh.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:26 - Apr 1 with 2595 viewsrich_dale

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 17:57 - Apr 1 by fourfourtwo

Yep EEL was immense after a shaky start. A captain's display. We played some good stuff second half and played further up the pitch, after looking like a BBM team first half. Credit to Jim for tweaking the formation and getting a win.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:27 - Apr 1 with 2588 views442Dale

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:19 - Apr 1 by oddjob007

Remind me the score and style of play today? 1-0, 2 shots on target?

Not sure what your point is tbh.

I was responding to how we played under BBM when we took over initially. It wasn’t the same as we started the following season with playing short from the keeper and passing across the defence.

Didn’t see today, but the commentary on GMR mentioned how well we defended second half, EEL especially, when he’d looked uncomfortable first half trying to pass it around at the back.

When the interview is available, may be worth another listen. There’s a difference between playing styles and getting results.

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:35 - Apr 1 with 2530 viewsTalkingSutty

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:12 - Apr 1 by fourfourtwo

The football under BBM was some of the most boring, sterile rubbish that i've ever witnessed. It was an achievement to just get the ball in our opponents half in most of the games. He relegated a team that should have easily finished in mid table and he knew full well about the secret contract that he signed. He took the club for a ride and was comfortable working with Bottomley, why else would he have signed the contract?

On a more positive note, well done to Jim Mc Nulty today for getting a tune out of the player. He proved me wrong because I expected us to get a hammering. When was the last time we won two on the spin?
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 18:41]
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:38 - Apr 1 with 2506 viewsfrenzied

Good win

After so many disappointments should be a much happier journey back for the players and staff.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:54 - Apr 1 with 2378 viewsTrev

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 17:02 - Apr 1 by Barrowdale

Could potentially be interesting at 5pm friday if all goes well

Don't do it to yourself.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:57 - Apr 1 with 2346 viewsfourfourtwo

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:35 - Apr 1 by TalkingSutty

The football under BBM was some of the most boring, sterile rubbish that i've ever witnessed. It was an achievement to just get the ball in our opponents half in most of the games. He relegated a team that should have easily finished in mid table and he knew full well about the secret contract that he signed. He took the club for a ride and was comfortable working with Bottomley, why else would he have signed the contract?

On a more positive note, well done to Jim Mc Nulty today for getting a tune out of the player. He proved me wrong because I expected us to get a hammering. When was the last time we won two on the spin?

Yet we somehow ended up with great results against Newcastle and Man U. Battered Plymouth and Wigan away. It was certainly drab at times but let’s not forget how we are. The football we’ve witness under JB and RS has been absolutely horrific. I’d have taken some drab BBM football over that crap any day of the week.

Clearly he’s clueless anyway, that’s why Pep has entrusted him with the academy team at City…
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:57 - Apr 1 with 2337 viewsIOMDale

This. Some of the revisionism about BBM’s reign is mine-boggling; Northampton away always sticks in my mind as one of the most boring games of football I’ve ever watched and I remember BBM praising how we played in his post-match interview. Absolute fraud.

UTDNFS

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:58 - Apr 1 with 2324 views442Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f8wk4w

Interview from 20:40. Response to question about the game plan from 24:40.

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 19:08 - Apr 1 with 2275 viewsLaveritty

Agreed - the football under BBM would have sent a glass eye to sleep! It was painful watching the continuous passing around at the back but hardly ever getting over the half way line! Will always remember the game at Peterborough (which I think was quite early on in his tenure?) when we had something like 65% possession but got hammered 6 - 0!

The final straw for me, as for so many others, was that ridiculous statement about not looking at the league table - a staggering confession from somebody in a results based business!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 19:08 - Apr 1 with 2271 viewsD_Alien

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 18:57 - Apr 1 by fourfourtwo

Yet we somehow ended up with great results against Newcastle and Man U. Battered Plymouth and Wigan away. It was certainly drab at times but let’s not forget how we are. The football we’ve witness under JB and RS has been absolutely horrific. I’d have taken some drab BBM football over that crap any day of the week.

Clearly he’s clueless anyway, that’s why Pep has entrusted him with the academy team at City…

He's been trusted with that role after displaying all the potential for coaching top level kids in the harsh reality of L1 with less talented professionals, a role which he ultimately proved unsuitable for

He also - let's not forget - tried to extract more money out of the club around the time of his leaving

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 19:11 - Apr 1 with 2242 viewsTVOS1907

October

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 19:12 - Apr 1 with 2238 viewsfourfourtwo

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 19:08 - Apr 1 by D_Alien

He's been trusted with that role after displaying all the potential for coaching top level kids in the harsh reality of L1 with less talented professionals, a role which he ultimately proved unsuitable for

He also - let's not forget - tried to extract more money out of the club around the time of his leaving

As I said, far from without fault.

However when you think back over the last 40 years. You can count on one hand managers who have actually brought some memorable good times.

For all the bad, BBM did bring some good times and had he not left last summer I would argue we would have performed better than under Stockdale.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 19:18 - Apr 1 with 2199 viewsTomRAFC

Well done, Jim!

Positives from today: The result / The lads put a real shift in.

Negatives from today: Taylor and EEL adopting the bizarre belief they can pass like Pirlo, a delusion Jim also had in his playing days.

Point of interest from today: Ball and John are back in the fold. Whatever happened with EBJ, it's good to see Jim bringing the squad together. Even if they have been 2 of our worst performing players this season.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 19:33 - Apr 1 with 2067 viewsTrev

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 19:18 - Apr 1 by TomRAFC

Well done, Jim!

Positives from today: The result / The lads put a real shift in.

Negatives from today: Taylor and EEL adopting the bizarre belief they can pass like Pirlo, a delusion Jim also had in his playing days.

Point of interest from today: Ball and John are back in the fold. Whatever happened with EBJ, it's good to see Jim bringing the squad together. Even if they have been 2 of our worst performing players this season.

Ref Taylor and EEL perhaps this is the risky process Jim refers to.
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 20:52 - Apr 1 with 1767 viewsTalkingSutty

McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 19:12 - Apr 1 by fourfourtwo

As I said, far from without fault.

However when you think back over the last 40 years. You can count on one hand managers who have actually brought some memorable good times.

For all the bad, BBM did bring some good times and had he not left last summer I would argue we would have performed better than under Stockdale.

Had he not left last Summer his side kick Bottomley would have still been in charge, i expect you would have also been happy with that?

BBM was another one who was sucking the life out of the club, he was still trying as the door hit his arse on the way out.
[Post edited 1 Apr 2023 20:53]
McNulty on the AFC Wimbledon game on 20:56 - Apr 1 with 1747 viewsjonahwhereru

Please to see a positive result. Have been out all day.
The stats suggest we were far from a re enlivened team who dished out a beating. I hope the team really prosper under JM and we have the second coming of the KH scenario. However the worst case situation is if the Dale keep getting barely deserved results and the board feel duty bound to offer JM the job, on points gained rather than a revitalised team giving everything for the new manager. Not discounting that may yet happen.
However a win’s a win and i’ll Take it. The only way is up.
UTD
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024