Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS 10:14 - Apr 10 with 2133 viewsdurham_exile

Hyperbole surrounds today’s game against the Railwaymen and I’m going to add to it.

The most important game of the season, a must win, a must not lose under any circumstances.

No win in nine despite four successive draws has seen our gap over the two worst teams in the league disappear. The pressure is now on the U’s to secure the three points against Crewe today.

The reverse fixture at Gresty Road was attended by among others Wessex and I. MB was in charge then and we fought hard but could not score a goal that our domination deserved. Result a breakaway goal saw Agyei score and we lost 1-0. Yes this is the ultimate game requiring a home win.

Goal difference could yet come into this wretched season.

Harrogate 39 40 -12
COL U 40 39 -12
Crawley 40 38 -21
Hartlepool 40 38-22
Rochdale 40 32-23

Harrogate
Orient A
Doncaster H
Walsall H
Northampton A
Newport A
Mansfield A
Rochdale H

Hartlepool
Stevenage H
Newport A
Salford A
Crawley H
Barrow H
Stockport A

Crawley
Barrow A
Tranmere H
COL U H
Hartlepool A
Walsall H
Swindon A

COL U
Crewe H
Salford A
Crawley A
Sutton H
Doncaster A
Mansfield H

Rochdale
Mansfield A
Bradford H
Tranmere H
Stockport A
Sutton H
Harrogate A

Rochdale remain favourites for the drop but the Monkey Hangers have found some form with Dan Kemp (my favourite and a U’s target score 9 goals in 12 games). Our game at Crawley has now taken on gargantuan proportions. In fact, we now have 6 Cup finals to retain our League status.

I will be at three of the final six games and can watch the game today on iFollow and next Tuesday’s game at Crawley. Definitely not for persons of a nervous disposition.

So, what team will BG put out today.

Try this.

O’Hara

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Skuse Ashley Read

Chilvers

Tovide Fevrier

Subs
Smith, Jay, Akinde, Marshall Miranda, Newby, Hopper, Wood

Tom Hopper has lost confidence in front of goal but he does hold the ball up well.
Therefore, bench him and bring the two youngsters in and give them free rein to run at the Railwaymen. If Cole Skuse is fit bring him back in. His ability in the midfield has been sorely missed.

On the subject of motivational speeches, I’ve pinched this from Any Given Sunday.

“I’ll tell you this, in any fight it’s the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I’m gonna have any life anymore it’s because I’m still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that’s what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can’t make you do it. You’ve got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think you going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him.”

Can Ben Garner be Tony D’Amato today, we will know by 4.55pm.

Weather today 13 degrees Celsius, mild and light rain. A gentle breeze perhaps.

Don’t forget for those of you who cannot get to this vital and crucial game it is available on iFollow.

Let us hope for a bumper Bank Holiday crowd at the JCS. Enjoy the game.

Scoreline 3-0 Colchester (it’s about time).

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 14:08 - Apr 10 with 1395 viewsdurham_exile

Starting X1

O'Hara

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Ashley Read Wood

Chilvers

Akinde Tovide

Subs Smith Greenidge Skuse Hopper Sears Jay Fevrier

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 14:36 - Apr 10 with 1379 viewsmfb_cufc

A late change in the U's starting line-up - Tom Smith is between the sticks in place of the injured Kieran O'Hara

mfb

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 14:49 - Apr 10 with 1372 viewsBlue4U2

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 14:36 - Apr 10 by mfb_cufc

A late change in the U's starting line-up - Tom Smith is between the sticks in place of the injured Kieran O'Hara

... and Alex Newby replacing O'Hara No backup keeper on the bench
Up the CREWE beating U's!!
Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 14:49 - Apr 10 with 1369 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 14:36 - Apr 10 by mfb_cufc

Thanks Mick

Alex Newby takes over from Smith on the bench.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 14:56 - Apr 10 with 1365 viewsgerry_us

Baptism of fire for the young lad.
We all hope he comes out of it well.
Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:02 - Apr 10 with 1361 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 14:56 - Apr 10 by gerry_us

Baptism of fire for the young lad.
We all hope he comes out of it well.

Gerry an emergency loanee needed possibly for Salford.

Keep your boots handy.

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:06 - Apr 10 with 1358 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:02 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Keep your boots handy.

Akinde just missed a sitter from 3 yards out

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:09 - Apr 10 with 1356 viewsgerry_us

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:02 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Keep your boots handy.

Just been up in the loft to find my boots and glove. Bit late to make it down though.
Salford here I come
Login to get fewer ads

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:11 - Apr 10 with 1352 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:09 - Apr 10 by gerry_us

Just been up in the loft to find my boots and glove. Bit late to make it down though.
Salford here I come

Brilliant news Gerry.

In other news is it true that we no longer have a full time groundsman at the JCS.

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:13 - Apr 10 with 1349 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:11 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Brilliant news Gerry.

In other news is it true that we no longer have a full time groundsman at the JCS.

Did that ball cross the line then from Tovide

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:16 - Apr 10 with 1347 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:13 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Did that ball cross the line then from Tovide

Come on Big John you can do better than that

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:25 - Apr 10 with 1343 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:16 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Come on Big John you can do better than that

And he has now
1-0

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:29 - Apr 10 with 1341 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:25 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

And he has now
1-0

Big John on a hattrick

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:32 - Apr 10 with 1335 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:29 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Big John on a hattrick

All good news for the goal difference

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:35 - Apr 10 with 1332 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:32 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

All good news for the goal difference

Arthur Read MOTM

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:37 - Apr 10 with 1330 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:35 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Arthur Read MOTM

Stonewall penalty not given

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:41 - Apr 10 with 1328 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:37 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Stonewall penalty not given

Chilvers 3-0

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:44 - Apr 10 with 1326 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 15:41 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Chilvers 3-0

This is more like it.

Must keep going though.
More goals required to boost GD.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:08 - Apr 10 with 1305 viewsgerry_us

Had to come in from the garden to check my phone was OK as it kept beeping!!!
Five beeps actually, KO, THREE goals and halftime.
More second half beeping please
Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:14 - Apr 10 with 1300 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:08 - Apr 10 by gerry_us

Had to come in from the garden to check my phone was OK as it kept beeping!!!
Five beeps actually, KO, THREE goals and halftime.
More second half beeping please

Samson Tovide

4-0

First time we have scored 4 this season

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:17 - Apr 10 with 1297 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:14 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Samson Tovide

4-0

First time we have scored 4 this season

Stevenage have allowed the Monkey Hangers to equalise.

Typical Evans simply not good enough.
I wasn't impressed with them on Good Friday.

Everyone else still losing

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:20 - Apr 10 with 1293 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:17 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Stevenage have allowed the Monkey Hangers to equalise.

Typical Evans simply not good enough.
I wasn't impressed with them on Good Friday.

Everyone else still losing

Greenidge and Hopper coming on for
Tchamadeu and Akinde

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:26 - Apr 10 with 1284 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:20 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Tchamadeu and Akinde

Good to see Cole Skuse back
Jay on as well
Read and Chilvers off

Durham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:26 - Apr 10 with 1284 viewsgerry_us

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:20 - Apr 10 by durham_exile

Tchamadeu and Akinde

Rubbish score forecast Peter
Just noted Crewe goalie; "Jeremy " Beadle?
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 16:30]
Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:31 - Apr 10 with 1280 viewsdurham_exile

Mick Lynch, your boys took one hell of a beating at the JCS on 16:26 - Apr 10 by gerry_us

Rubbish score forecast Peter
Just noted Crewe goalie; "Jeremy " Beadle?
[Post edited 10 Apr 2023 16:30]

Gerry that's why I'm bottom of the prediction league.

I want five today now!

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024