Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size 11:59 - Apr 14 with 1896 viewsdurham_exile

Buoyed by their thumping victory over the Railwaymen BG takes his charges to Moor Lane on Saturday.

A look at the top of the table:

Orient 40 81
Northampton 41 73
Stockport 41 70
Carlisle 41 70
Stevenage 40 70
Bradford 40 68
Salford 41 66
Mansfield 40 65

And the bottom:

COL U 41 42 -8
Harrogate 40 41 -12
Hartlepool 41 39
Crawley 41 38 -25
Rochdale 41 33-23

Remaining fixtures:

Harrogate
Doncaster H
Walsall H
Northampton A
Newport A
Mansfield A
Rochdale H

Hartlepool
Newport A
Salford A
Crawley H
Barrow H
Stockport A

Crawley
Tranmere H
COL U H
Hartlepool A
Walsall H
Swindon A

COL U
Salford A
Crawley A
Sutton H
Doncaster A
Mansfield H

Rochdale
Bradford H
Tranmere H
Stockport A
Sutton H
Harrogate A

At the top it seems to be seven from eight with anyone still to creep in (only Orient are safe from the final shenanigans).

At the bottom Rochdale surely have too much to do and so it is one from four to join them.

48 points still looks the minimum needed to survive.

Therefore, it is still very much in our hands. We have a decent record at Moor Lane. I went to the 22 February 2020 game when we won 2-1. The 16 March 2021 game was COVID affected with zero fans inside the ground and we drew 0-0. Last season 22 January 2022 we won 3-0 in WB’s first game back in charge and I again witnessed the impressive victory.

Statistics are there to be challenged but there is no reason to fear them. We talk about the quality of playing surfaces. Bradford’s was better this season and Salford’s has always been challenging.

The advantage that we have is to be playing them now with the warmer weather than hitherto. Tomorrow the weather will be dry, 13 degrees Celsius and mostly cloudy. When we played in 2020 the weather was unbelievably bad with strong winds and driving rain.

Let us enjoy the more pleasant conditions even though the pitch will be heavy. If we at least match the other teams who are relegation haunted we will be safe. The Crawley game is of course a must not lose.

Neil Wood’s team has been around the fringes of the top seven all season and will be a stern test. The demolition of Crewe has eased the pressure on BG but it has not yet been eradicated.

So, who does he select to carry the fight to the Ammies.

I would retain young Tom Smith in goal. He is highly rated and performed very well on Easter Monday. There are question marks about O’Hara’s back problems and so keep him on the bench.

The back three pick themselves. The midfield must include Cole Skuse and up front Tovide and Big John.

Therefore 3,4,1,2:

Smith

Chambers Kelleher Hall

Tchamadeu Skuse Ashley Read

Chilvers

Tovide Akinde

Subs
O’Hara, Greenidge, Jay, Marshall-Miranda, Hopper, Fevrier, Wood

Given the conditions and the fact that Big John scored a brace last Monday I would start him alongside Tovide. But I would love to see Fevrier line up alongside Tovide (perhaps when we are safe from the drop).

Scoreline 2-0 to the Super U’s and more valuable breathing space for the vital game at Crawley.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Get behind the team.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 12:51 - Apr 14 with 1523 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I think it will probably be the same team that started on Monday that starts tomorrow. I'd love Skuse to start but you'd have to drop either Ashley, Read or Chilvers and I can't see that happening.

I think tomorrow is massive because I can see all the teams below us, apart from Rochdale, winning which will put an immense amount of pressure on us going into Tuesday night. If we can still be above the bottom two come the final whistle on Tuesday then I think wins against Sutton and Doncaster will see us safe before Mansfield come to town (or should that be city?) on the final day of the season. IF we could somehow win tomorrow and one of Crawley or Hartlepool lose then it will be a big ask for both of them to come past us especially as they still have to play each other.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 13:57 - Apr 14 with 1507 viewsburnsieespana

BG was I thought in the Gazette we had one I jury problem and o e illness problem among those who played on Monday.
A point tomorrow would be a good result.
Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 16:56 - Apr 14 with 1477 viewsWitham

It's been raining all day here in Manchester and was the same on Thursday apart from one hour of sun. Expect another heavy pitch.
Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 19:57 - Apr 14 with 1442 viewsdurham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 16:56 - Apr 14 by Witham

It's been raining all day here in Manchester and was the same on Thursday apart from one hour of sun. Expect another heavy pitch.

Witham, weather tomorrow definitely much better.

Moor Lane well named.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 10:36 - Apr 15 with 1374 viewsnoah4x4

Just completed pit-stop at Peterborough Services. Full CUSA coach, all in good spirits after Monday. Multiple Col U cars flying in close formation up the A1. No stopping us now!
Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 12:43 - Apr 15 with 1351 viewsWitham

Soggy underfoot at rhs Bridgewater
Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 14:10 - Apr 15 with 1327 viewsdurham_exile

Unchanged team

Smith
Chambers Kelleher Hall
Tchamadeu Ashley Read Wood
Chilvers
Akinde Tovide

Subs
O'Hara Greenidge Sears Newby Jay .Miranda Fevrier

Pitch remarkably good mild and dry
Col U win
Doesn't get much better than that
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 14:39 - Apr 15 with 1317 viewsburnsieespana

Sun shining and 28c in Tortenolinos so doesn't get much better.
Hope you all at the hanw enjoy and for me a point would be good
Login to get fewer ads

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 14:50 - Apr 15 with 1312 viewsdurham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 14:39 - Apr 15 by burnsieespana

Sun shining and 28c in Tortenolinos so doesn't get much better.
Hope you all at the hanw enjoy and for me a point would be good

Burnsie enjoy.

Mind you it's almost that here in sunny Salford!

Up the U's

We're only here for the three points!

Durham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 15:55 - Apr 15 with 1292 viewsdurham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 14:50 - Apr 15 by durham_exile

Burnsie enjoy.

Mind you it's almost that here in sunny Salford!

Up the U's

We're only here for the three points!

Very good value for our lead.

Tom Smith just made a superb save.

Colchester better team.
Chilvers on fire.

We look comfortable and deserve a second goal.

Defence on top.
Ashley outstanding, Junior brilliant.

Big John a hand ful.

Samson just needs a goal.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 16:00 - Apr 15 with 1287 viewsdurham_exile

Hartlepool, Rochdale and Harrogate all losing

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 16:04 - Apr 15 with 1282 viewsdurham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 16:00 - Apr 15 by durham_exile

Hartlepool, Rochdale and Harrogate all losing

Up the U's

Tranmere sadly on the beach.

Come on get that equaliser Rovers.

Super U's need a second to sew this up.

Come on.
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 17:13 - Apr 15 with 1253 viewswessex_exile

Just magnificent, and against one of the best teams I've seen us up against this season. Proper backs to the wall stuff, what character, passion and commitment the U's have shown today, and they got their just rewards!

Given the massive GD disparity, Rochdale now can't catch us, just one slot to worry about.

Up the park-the-bus U's!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 17:23 - Apr 15 with 1237 viewsgerry_us

Eastman scores for Harrogate. He should still scoring goals for the U's.
Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 17:29 - Apr 15 with 1231 viewsburnsieespana

What a result.
Well done the players, management and fans.
Win on Tuesday and pretty much guaranteed safety.
Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 17:33 - Apr 15 with 1230 viewsnoah4x4

Salford will probably feel mugged. Tom Smith in goal performed miracles to prevent them scoring, ably assisted by Kellerher, Hall and Chambers in what was a rather one sided contest. But we got the critical goal and they missed numerous chances Salford were the toughest of opponents, and yet it was another clean sheet for BG. Making us hard to beat is step one.
Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 18:22 - Apr 15 with 1203 viewsdurham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 17:33 - Apr 15 by noah4x4

Salford will probably feel mugged. Tom Smith in goal performed miracles to prevent them scoring, ably assisted by Kellerher, Hall and Chambers in what was a rather one sided contest. But we got the critical goal and they missed numerous chances Salford were the toughest of opponents, and yet it was another clean sheet for BG. Making us hard to beat is step one.

Safe journey home Noah.

I am celebrating in Deepdale Preston at Pizza Hut!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 18:24 - Apr 15 with 1200 viewsdurham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 18:22 - Apr 15 by durham_exile

Safe journey home Noah.

I am celebrating in Deepdale Preston at Pizza Hut!!!!!

Up the U's

PS can't remember the last time I saw us win 6 away games.

Probably the Non-league seasons!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 19:52 - Apr 15 with 1165 viewsthrillseeker

A brilliant result
Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 21:01 - Apr 15 with 1149 viewsBFG

Hartlepool have Salford A on Tuesday then Crawley H on Saturday
Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 00:16 - Apr 16 with 1112 viewsmfb_cufc

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 21:01 - Apr 15 by BFG

Hartlepool have Salford A on Tuesday then Crawley H on Saturday

Lose both and we will be safe.

mfb

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 00:37 - Apr 16 with 1110 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 17:13 - Apr 15 by wessex_exile

Just magnificent, and against one of the best teams I've seen us up against this season. Proper backs to the wall stuff, what character, passion and commitment the U's have shown today, and they got their just rewards!

Given the massive GD disparity, Rochdale now can't catch us, just one slot to worry about.

Up the park-the-bus U's!

Am I right in thinking if we win at Crawley that’s League Two football guaranteed for next season?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 00:59 - Apr 16 with 1109 viewsdurham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 00:37 - Apr 16 by RSCOSWORTH

Am I right in thinking if we win at Crawley that’s League Two football guaranteed for next season?

RS I have been banging on about 48 points for safety for weeks.

A win at Crawley will virtually do it but a win against Sutton will give us 51 points.

But we want to finish strongly with Doncaster and Mansfield wins to give us a higher points total than last season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 06:16 - Apr 16 with 1102 viewsnoah4x4

I think 46 will be enough if we take a point at Crawley.

Remember that Hartlepool v Crawley means they can’t both take 3 points from that fixture, so for one (or both) of them that must be at least two points dropped. I then can’t see teams like Salford and Stockport surrendering any points to them in the manner that Salford did for us yesterday (I am still struggling to understand how we won that, brilliant defending, but miraculous good fortune too).
Dirty Old Town to witness Super U's chop Ammies down to size on 07:35 - Apr 16 with 1095 viewswessex_exile

I’m standing by my prediction, 42 points will be the cut off. If Hartlepool lose at Salford on Tuesday night, and we win at Crawley we’re safe whatever happens in the final three games. I agree though, it will be great to keep the momentum going right to the end.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024