Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robbie Reinelt 05:38 - Apr 22 with 1346 viewsghughes11

Nice mention and quotes from former U Robbie Reinelt whose goal kept Brighton in the Football League in the 96/97 season:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65101524

Had he have stayed at Colchester, could could have scored an important penalty at Wembley instead of Karl Duguid missing one. The whole story could have been different.

All the best for Sunday GOSBTS

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Robbie Reinelt on 14:15 - Apr 22 with 1274 viewsGOSBTS

Reinelt is an Albion hero and legend. That still remains the most important goal scored in our history. I started attending as a 6 year old with my dad the following season when we were exiled at Priestfield. Tomorrow I'll be at Wembley where we have a very plausible shout of making it to the final. Absolutely bizarre the reversal of fortunes which keeps us humble to remember how different things could have been without Reinelt's equaliser that day.

Thanks for posting ghughes and for the well wishes! Lovely that Albion and the U's have a bit of shared history.
Robbie Reinelt on 18:15 - Apr 22 with 1258 viewsbwildered

Robbie played for Wivenhoe Town after dropping out of the football league, was a class above those at that level scoring several goals which bought him to the U’s attention.
Played in a match at Layer Rd not for or against the U’s ?

Went to the Brighton, Manure Cup final first game, remember being behind Butch Wilkins goal that he scored, what a much missed class midfielder and later summariser he was, a class act.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024