Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disabled Ticketing 19:33 - May 5 with 965 viewssaps

Hi All

I've signed up to the forum to ask if anyone has experience of purchasing tickets in the wheelchair sections of the ground.

My housemate has just been diagnosed with a brain tumour and it means he can't walk. I'd like to take him to a game while he's still able and I noticed the Us are playing on Monday. Unfortunately no one appears to be in the ticket office until Monday, ditto the Disability Liaison officer.

Online bookings don't seem to mention purchasing tickets in designated disabled areas. Can anyone offer any advice? I don't really want to buy tickets that don't turn out to be useable.

I can obviously try to speak to someone on Monday morning but that feels dangerously late given that we've got to come down from Norfolk.

Any help will be gratefully received.
Disabled Ticketing on 20:40 - May 5 with 941 viewsdurham_exile

Saps, Colchester prides itself in being an accessible stadium.

Try chris.saward@colchesterunited.net
The Disability liaison officer
Or contact media@colchesterunited.net

Good luck, hope you manage to get the tickets sorted.

Durham_exile

Disabled Ticketing on 21:00 - May 5 with 937 viewsnoah4x4

Good suggestions Durham

I doubt if all wheelchair plus carer tickets have been sold (frankly, I don’t recall seeing a wheelchair in recent times and there is plenty of space for wheelchairs), but these special tickets can’t be bought on line, and as you say, the ticket office isn’t open until Monday.

My guess is that if you bought two regular tickets on line, the club would be able to accommodate you on the day. There is a lift for wheelchair users into all stands where there is a gallery for wheelchairs and a few carer seats. I don’t think physically getting in is a risk.

Your bigger issue is parking. I suspect that the club main car park is already full, unless you can book a disabled space. Same issue, the ticket office is not open until Monday. There is the park’n’ride, but that is quite a long walk away, and possibly not ideal for wheelchair users that would normally be accommodated in the main car park disabled bays. I don’t think you have much option except take pot luck, get to Colchester, then phone the ticket office on Monday morning or turn up at the ground. It won’t be a complete sell out, especially wheelchairs.

In fairness to the club, this weekend is unusual with a Coronation weekend and Bank Holiday Monday. Our gates are so low, regular ticket office opening hours are always limited.

This web pages should also assist…..

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/august/disabled-information3/
[Post edited 5 May 2023 21:50]
Disabled Ticketing on 00:14 - May 6 with 897 viewswessex_exile

Disabled Ticketing on 21:00 - May 5 by noah4x4

Good suggestions Durham

I doubt if all wheelchair plus carer tickets have been sold (frankly, I don’t recall seeing a wheelchair in recent times and there is plenty of space for wheelchairs), but these special tickets can’t be bought on line, and as you say, the ticket office isn’t open until Monday.

My guess is that if you bought two regular tickets on line, the club would be able to accommodate you on the day. There is a lift for wheelchair users into all stands where there is a gallery for wheelchairs and a few carer seats. I don’t think physically getting in is a risk.

Your bigger issue is parking. I suspect that the club main car park is already full, unless you can book a disabled space. Same issue, the ticket office is not open until Monday. There is the park’n’ride, but that is quite a long walk away, and possibly not ideal for wheelchair users that would normally be accommodated in the main car park disabled bays. I don’t think you have much option except take pot luck, get to Colchester, then phone the ticket office on Monday morning or turn up at the ground. It won’t be a complete sell out, especially wheelchairs.

In fairness to the club, this weekend is unusual with a Coronation weekend and Bank Holiday Monday. Our gates are so low, regular ticket office opening hours are always limited.

This web pages should also assist…..

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2022/august/disabled-information3/
[Post edited 5 May 2023 21:50]

Just to confirm, the stadium car park is definitely full. My sister, who has mobility issues but not disabled, tried to book a parking space but they were all gone. It may not be the assurance you're looking for, but I'm absolutely certain if you turn up at the stadium the club will do everything they can to accommodate you and your friend.

Best wishes to you and your friend saps, I hope you make it!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Disabled Ticketing on 04:57 - May 6 with 886 viewsnoah4x4

If you don’t make it, I believe the game will be in I-Follow for £10 as it’s not a Saturday.

Good luck
Disabled Ticketing on 15:09 - May 6 with 845 viewssaps

Thanks everyone, really appreciate your advice.

I think we'll just go for it and hope for the best.
Disabled Ticketing on 15:16 - May 6 with 844 viewsburnsieespana

Hope it all works out Saps as qhat you are trying to do is really lovely.
Disabled Ticketing on 19:51 - May 8 with 775 viewssaps

Thanks again everyone. Chris emailed me first thing this morning and I got all the tickets sorted out. We had a great view of what must have been a not-so-great match for you guys and aside from the ordeal of getting out of the park and ride it was a wonderful day.

Memories like these are priceless so our trip to Colchester will be dear to us in years to come.
Disabled Ticketing on 20:36 - May 8 with 760 viewswessex_exile

Disabled Ticketing on 19:51 - May 8 by saps

Thanks again everyone. Chris emailed me first thing this morning and I got all the tickets sorted out. We had a great view of what must have been a not-so-great match for you guys and aside from the ordeal of getting out of the park and ride it was a wonderful day.

Memories like these are priceless so our trip to Colchester will be dear to us in years to come.

Great to hear saps, I hope you both had a fantastic day - and Chris in the ticket office is an absolute legend.

I'll be honest, despite the result I actually quite enjoyed the game, particularly as Mansfield got the result they hoped for and still missed the play-offs - priceless

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Login to get fewer ads

Disabled Ticketing on 21:19 - May 8 with 754 viewsburnsieespana

Disabled Ticketing on 20:36 - May 8 by wessex_exile

Great to hear saps, I hope you both had a fantastic day - and Chris in the ticket office is an absolute legend.

I'll be honest, despite the result I actually quite enjoyed the game, particularly as Mansfield got the result they hoped for and still missed the play-offs - priceless

By one goal at that!
[Post edited 8 May 2023 21:20]
Disabled Ticketing on 17:38 - May 9 with 688 viewsWitham

Chris is someone who deserved an award on Monday
Disabled Ticketing on 18:39 - May 9 with 678 viewsdurham_exile

Disabled Ticketing on 17:38 - May 9 by Witham

Chris is someone who deserved an award on Monday

Couldn't agree more Chris is very efficient and always helpful.

Pleased the Club were able to help you Saps.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Disabled Ticketing on 20:16 - May 9 with 673 viewsbwildered

Good to know you had a great day out saps and the club were very helpful in your requirements .
Chris is a unsung hero of the club and valuable customer facing member of the staff.
On behalf of everyone on this forum, best wishes for the future at this difficult time.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024