Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Key Dates Announced Ahead Of 2023/24 Season 21:32 - May 10 with 1609 viewsghughes11

Get the flights/train/car and hotels etc booked for the weekend of Sunday 19 May 2024!

Fixture Release Date — Thursday 22 June 2023, 9am
Start Date — Saturday 5 August 2023
Carabao Cup Round One — w/c 7 August 2023
EFL Trophy Final — Sunday 7 April 2024
League Two Play-Off Final — Sunday 19 May 2024

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2023/may/key-dates-confirmed/

Have a great pre-season break U's Fans. We go again next season!

Poll: What was the main reason for the Col U win versus Carlisle?

Key Dates Announced Ahead Of 2023/24 Season on 05:42 - May 11 with 1558 viewsnoah4x4

You don’t fancy us for automatic promotion then?

Frankly, nor do I whilst Humes remains DoF. Last Saturday had all the hallmarks of him. One up front, 4, 4, 1, 1. Chilvers was already in the beach. Akinde looked so good at winning long balls, but had zero support.Then when struggling to get back into the game, Kellerher at centre forward? Really? Suggests to me Garner thought diminutive Sears wasn’t going to have much impact. Cole Skuse lack of pace was exposed. Garner learned more in this one game than the previous four. The hapless Greenidge (awful at Doncaster) isn’t remotely on a par with Tchamadeu, who won’t stay.

Clear out all the Ipswich old guard and we might better 20th place……
Key Dates Announced Ahead Of 2023/24 Season on 22:10 - May 11 with 1484 viewsghughes11

Key Dates Announced Ahead Of 2023/24 Season on 05:42 - May 11 by noah4x4

You don’t fancy us for automatic promotion then?

Frankly, nor do I whilst Humes remains DoF. Last Saturday had all the hallmarks of him. One up front, 4, 4, 1, 1. Chilvers was already in the beach. Akinde looked so good at winning long balls, but had zero support.Then when struggling to get back into the game, Kellerher at centre forward? Really? Suggests to me Garner thought diminutive Sears wasn’t going to have much impact. Cole Skuse lack of pace was exposed. Garner learned more in this one game than the previous four. The hapless Greenidge (awful at Doncaster) isn’t remotely on a par with Tchamadeu, who won’t stay.

Clear out all the Ipswich old guard and we might better 20th place……

Would take a Top 10 finish now to be honest!

Not sure how long you are going to pull out the old Humes DOF card for, without giving him credit for the 4-0 and 4-1 wins too!

Last game of the season, nothing for us to play for so a chance to have a look at a different system for Garner and players in alternative positions.

Yes, not sure why or who decided on Kellerher up front but hey if David James can do it for Citeh then why not Kellerher? Anyway it was only for the last 10mins or so when 1-0 down and going for it. So maybe a good option for the long ball and hoping the other "attackers" would get the knock downs?!?

As for Greenidge, i think he looked better in the back four and is probably a better defender than Tchamadeu. With Garner known for his possession based football and playing out from the back, I reckon Greenidge may be a better option than JT and keeping the ball and remaining calm under pressure. Especially with more game time. How many career appearances has he made compared to the 90+ of JT?

I also agree with moving out the Ipswich old guard. A few months ago I would have resigned Skuse, and I actually voted for him as my POTY as for the majority of the season (up until his injury) he was the only calming influence and reason we kept the score down most of the time. Now, however, with the emergence of Ashley as the CDM (how long can we keep hold of him I wonder) and with MMM and Gene Kennedy as good, young backup players in that position. Chamber is a tough one IMHO, talkative and a positive influence with the younger players, but better in a back 3 or 5, rather than the 4. Getting older and taking up a position in the squad that could be used for a prospect like Terry, Beadle, Cracknell etc if we go 4 at the back. I love Sears but again I think I would rather use his squad place for Fevrier, Hutchinson, Ihionvien, Cooper, Thomas etc. Judge is gone as well. Any more ex-Ipswich I have left off? Oh Emyr Huws! He'll go. Almost forgot Tommy Smith too - he'll go (hopefully over here to the Wellington Phoenix)

As for the others, I imagine Hannant, Clampin, and Eastman will be released.

Wood, Appiah and Smith back to their respective clubs.

Going to be a busy summer for Garner, Embleton, Halajko and your man Humes!

Roll on August 5th!

Key Dates Announced Ahead Of 2023/24 Season on 05:51 - May 12 with 1464 viewsnoah4x4

If Humes has zero influence, get rid, save money, invest in a striker.

If Humes has influence, as the architect of a decade of misery, get rid, save money, invest in a striker.

Bloomfield & Garner are the first outside appointments in about ten seasons. Look at the positive difference as we move away from Humes failed philosophies. Res Ipsa Loquitor.
Key Dates Announced Ahead Of 2023/24 Season on 20:52 - May 14 with 1349 viewsghughes11

Key Dates Announced Ahead Of 2023/24 Season on 05:51 - May 12 by noah4x4

If Humes has zero influence, get rid, save money, invest in a striker.

If Humes has influence, as the architect of a decade of misery, get rid, save money, invest in a striker.

Bloomfield & Garner are the first outside appointments in about ten seasons. Look at the positive difference as we move away from Humes failed philosophies. Res Ipsa Loquitor.

According to Robbie C at the Fans Forum, Humes has saved the club thousands of pounds in negotiations so that alone pays his wages and possibly the wages of a striker to two too!

Remember when people were calling out for the sacking of Jon De Souza and the All Blue Kit we had - seems like they had no bearing on performances this season either.

Yes, we all know the club and Humes love 4-2-3-1 and that worked most of the time for McGreal too. Looks like Garner is going to set up that way if Saturday and the retained list is anything to go by. I like other much prefer 2 up top, but whatever gets results ay!

Key Dates Announced Ahead Of 2023/24 Season on 06:43 - May 15 with 1322 viewswessex_exile

Absolutely that, whatever gets the result. Ben Garner isn’t wedded to, or instructed to play, a particular formation, none of our recent managers have been. They’ll assess their opponents and choose the team and strategy that is most likely to get the result they want. Whether they do is down to whether that was a sound assessment and/ or the team good enough to achieve it (sadly not too often recently), but nothing to do with Tony Humes.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Key Dates Announced Ahead Of 2023/24 Season on 13:04 - Jun 2 with 1182 viewsbwildered

Brightlingsea Regent to host Colchester United on Tuesday 1st August.

This will be the first time Brightlingsea Regent have hosted Colchester United at North Road, and records can only last find a previous visit in 1992. This will be an historic night for all involved with the R’s.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024