Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surrey v Middx 00:01 - May 11 with 9640 viewsstowmarketrange

Is anyone else going to the Oval for the game starting tomorrow?We’ll have to play a lot better than we did against Essex last week to get a result.
I have complimentary tickets if anyone fancies a freebie tomorrow?The perks of being a member of Surrey ccc.
It’s the only day I’ll be able to attend I think as we have my daughter’s wedding in a couple of weeks time and I’ve got to give enough time for the black eyes and bruises to heal.
Send me a pm if you want a free day at the cricket.
Come on the brown hatters.
Surrey v Middx on 21:29 - Jun 24 with 588 viewsSuperhoops2808

Surrey v Middx on 11:53 - Jun 23 by Loyalitat

You absolutely battered my team, Essex Eagles, last night at the ECG. I think we'll still get through, but there's no doubting which team is currently performing the best in the T20 south division.
All of your batsmen are scoring, Billings aside. I just don't get the inclusion of Linde and him being elevated up the batting order as a pinch/big hitter, which he isn't. Alex Blake can definitely do that and If he were to replace Linde, I believe that you would be an even tougher proposition.

Is Blake still at the club? If so, why's he not playing.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2023 0:25]

Unfortunately for your guys, we are in the same vein of form that won us the tournament 2 years ago, and if we can keep it going to the quarters I fully expect us to make it to finals day.

Billings last night hit 23 from 7 balls with 22 coming from the last Middlesex over. He is really not consistent this season and is getting a very difficult time from many of the members who have not forgiven him for playing IPL over us over the last few years.

George Linde is beginning to take wickets so we cannot afford to drop him and he is an overseas player so no doubt costing us a few pennies

Alex Blake... You got me there, because I really cannot give you the answer. He is on a white ball only contract and has not played a T20 game all season apart from for the 2nd XI. Something has happenend but no one really knows what - He still warms up with the squad each matchday so I dont know.

The outstanding talents for me other than the seasoned players are Muyeye and Cox. 2 very talented young players who I fully expect to play for England one day, especially Muyeye who won the Wisden schools cricketer of the year previously won by Bairstow and Butler

For me, what would be great is if Essex, Hants and us qualify and the rich boys choke again like they did last year!!
Surrey v Middx on 21:32 - Jun 24 with 581 viewsSuperhoops2808

Surrey v Middx on 07:53 - Jun 24 by thame_hoops

After the Surrey Innings, I must admit, we were fearing the worst. I think you could’ve gone into any bookmakers and they would’ve given you your own odds on Middlesex to win. Even with Eski and Cracknells stand, I’m just used to us collapsing. We did same vs Glamorgan at home chasing and once the openers were out that was it.
It was just a great evening. I parked on glasshouse walk, easily. A bit of a pain that I had to pay the congestion charge. Had a quick non-alcoholic beer in the beehive. Straight to our seats at the game. There was a lovely breeze which stopped it from being stifling hot. The cracking atmosphere, like you said it was full of people straight from work, cricket fans, kids. Much better than any hundred nonsense. I read attendance was 20k, it was a sell out
Can we sign your lad ‘extras’ please
[Post edited 24 Jun 2023 8:00]

Sorry to say Thame, but runs is not your problem (scoring them). The two times I have seen Kent v Middlesex this season its the fielding and bowling that is very poor. The saying catches wins matches is true and several were put down again last night including Deebs who went on to score a cracking century.

Every time Kent pushed for two they got it because of a misfield. In their defence I would say after their efforts against Surrey they were probably knackered!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024